[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this justified?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
Is this justified?
>>
>>58835460
1. Either shitty holster or didn't even know how to fucking draw correctly, dude's fault for mishandling it

2. Didn't follow cardinal rules of gun safety (didn't check if gun was loaded, didn't point it in safe direction). fault is stupidity of owner.

3. Poor/no holster, any modern handgun (and most form the past half century) are entirely drop safe. fault of owner

4. didn't check if gun was loaded, didn't follow cardinal rules of safety, fault of owner

5. mental instability

6. mental instability

7. mental instability

8. mental instability

9. mental instability/autism

10. fault of operator, poor holster

There's no proof these even happened, no sources, and it's from an obviously biased source. What's the purpose here again?
>>
proofs?
>>
>>58835460
>no sources for any of the incidents, googled some of them and found no news sources
>parents against x
Protip: You being a parent does not make you an expert or mean your opinion matters more. Into the trash it goes.

into the trash it goes
>>
File: 5be.jpg (135 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
5be.jpg
135 KB, 1333x1000
>>58835629
>>58835677
>>58835695
>>
>>58835460
Only 5 of these 10 incidents can be attributed with the term "violence". The others are just stupidity.
>>
People kill people. People breathe air. Why is air not banned yet?

t. Parents against air.
>>
>>58835460
Is communism still illegal in your country? Can I report you to them for being a pinko bastard?
>>
>>58835629
To support better regulations to prevent retards from obtaining firearms?
>>
>>58835460
being retarded? nah
>>
>>58836086
There are no sources regarding any of the incidents in the article. There are what? 80 and 120 million gun owners in the country. These incidents are fucking tiny.

>better regulations to stop retards from obtaining firearms

Like your draconian laws where you banned the vast majority of firearms and went full fucking tyranny by confiscating peoples guns when they did nothing wrong? Yeah, I don't want that shit anywhere in my country.
>>
>>58836086
Thank you for not just saying that no one should own them.

Honestly mental health and gang violence I think are the biggest contributors to the problem here. Aside from that, people just need to be educated on safe handling, and most people that I know are.
>>
>>58835460
Memes aside, the owners either ignored some basic safety rules, or are emotionally unstable. These types of people might kill something intentionally or not, whether they have or haven't guns.
>>
We have 4.5 murder per 100,000 people. The rate compared to other developed nations is high, but it is still astronomically unlikely you'll be murdered. And not even all murders are committed with guns. Ten times more people die every year from lung diseases than murder. If you don't do things like joining a gang or other risky criminal activity, your risk of being murdered is significantly reduced because gang violence (where the victims are not normal, law abiding citizens) drives up the numbers a lot. The odds of being murdered are so low in America, if you lined up 100 people, on average 0 of them would get shot the vast majority of the time. Your odds of getting murdered are .0045% every year. Are these numbers really scary to people? Does a .0045% chance of getting shot really warrant boycotting the USA like some Australians tried to do a while ago?
>>
>These people are either incredibly stupid or have a legitimate mental illness, therefore you should have your rights removed

Lefty """logic"""
>>
>>58835460
>>58837005
To be fair, it should be made a little harder to get weapons so you don't have fucking retards and mentally ill people getting guns. An intelligence test and psychiatric evaluation should be mandatory before getting a gun license
>>
>>58836269
Well that's what the gun debate really boils down to - whether occasional fatalities caused by crazy or stupid behaviour is a reasonable price to pay for maintaining the general populace's access to firearms. With implementation of better processes to reduce these isolated incidents you can come to a more agreeable compromise, but getting there seems to be impossible due to extreme and emotional rhetoric blocking a more sensible approach.
>>
>>58835629
>5. mental instability
>6. mental instability
>7. mental instability
>8. mental instability
>9. mental instability/autism

Are you seeing a fucking pattern here? It's almost like giving literally everyone guns without ascertaining their mental state is a terrible idea.

>muh SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
File: 1462309295041.png (15 KB, 242x242) Image search: [Google]
1462309295041.png
15 KB, 242x242
What about teaching people how to use guns to prevent retarded accidents? And threating mentally ill people before the shoot people?
>>
File: 1418026085464.png (109 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1418026085464.png
109 KB, 396x381
>>58835854
>it's an awful post
>check flag
>surprise surprise it's a maplenigger

Syrup jockey rangeban WHEN?>>58836405
>>
>>58835460
>no sources for any of the incidents
>no ethncity mentioned

Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>58836405
>the owners either ignored some basic safety rules, or are emotionally unstable
So if they couldn't handle the responsibility, or weren't mentally sound... why in the FUCK were they in legal possession of a device with the power of life and death??

Because the system is fucking broken by absolutists like the idiots ITT.

>>58836711
>it is still astronomically unlikely you'll be murdered

If it happens to you or your loved one(s) it's 100%
>>
>>58837371
I never even disagreed with that. What pisses me off is these moms demand action groups who work solely off of muh feelings bullshit and call for all guns to be banned when the issue is a human one and not a gun problem.

>>58837393
That's what should be happening, but as I said no one is able to realize the true priority. Our mental health system is lackluster, and then you have the super-conservatards who go into full MOLON LABE as soon as anyone mentions any sort of regulation.

Personally, my ideal step in the right direction would be not so much permitting for purchase, but at least having to show proof of completion of a class that teaches safe handling, storage, and operation of pistols and rifles. Your eligibility for taking the class will depend on your criminal background and mental health history. Once you complete the class and have proof of it, you can buy whatever you want (within reason).
>>
>>58837407
WTF how did the Israeli post get linked.

Sorry kike!
>>
>>58837500
>100% of the .0045% get murdered
Thank you, captain obvious.
>>
>>58837393
>MUH RIGHTS
>>
>>58837500
>If it happens to you or your loved ones it's 100%

I know what you're trying to say but jesus you did not say it right.
>>
Small price to pay for freedom. God bless.
>>
>>58837371
It's already prohibited for mentally incompetent people to own guns.

>psychiateic evalutions before you get a gun

Prohibitively expensive and simply unfeasible. Furthermore there are a ton of bullshit diagnosis they can pin on you.

>oh want a gun for protection? You must be paranoid so no guns for you
>>
>>58837673
My history professor was telling me about a case going on right now where a vet literally had to get a psych eval when he came back from a tour of duty (he didn't even have PTSD) and because that showed up on his record he's denied ownership of firearms in his state (maybe MD?). It seems like you either just have something quick and easy that looks for ANY red flag and fucks over some well-meaning people, or you go so hardcore into it that it wastes a fuckton of money
>>
>>58837673
>MUH SLIPPERY SLOPE

I'm thinking something more along the lines of what require for a driving test, in terms of expense and time.
>>
>>58837743

>English is his native language
>>
>>58837743
I'm from MD and I haven't heard about that. With cases like that there's usually some reason we aren't being told, but the media shitflinging makes it hard to see the facts.
>>
File: 1420380367884.jpg (531 KB, 660x2816) Image search: [Google]
1420380367884.jpg
531 KB, 660x2816
>>58837789
>slippery slope does not exist

You are a fucking idiot. California is set to ban tge vast majority of semi-automatic firearms by outlawing ones with detachable magazine.

Look at that state or places like Ausfailia and the UK and tell me the slippery slope regarding guns isn't a real thing, cunt.

>needing a license to exercise a consitutional right
>implying drivers licenses are required for driving on private roads or personal property
>>
>>58837863
It could easily be another state, I was just going on a hunch
>>
>>58837975
>Look at that state or places like Ausfailia and the UK and tell me the slippery slope regarding guns isn't a real thing, cunt.

We didn't have a slippery slope, it pretty much happened over night. Prior to 1996 fully automatic firearms were legal in Tasmania (my dad knew a guy who owned a fucking Bren gun), then they brought in sweeping gun control and now you need a licence to own an air rifle.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.