[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
college throughout the world!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1430549302804.png (104 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
1430549302804.png
104 KB, 225x350
Whats college like outside of america? Ive always wondered, is it more difficult? more liberal? strange from the american standpoint? or are most colleges related to other colleges throughout the world sharing the same ideas
>MLA citations
and working toward a more educated tomorrow
feel free to educate your basic junior college American who's taking a break from finals
>>
in australia people don't usually move to attend uni, and like 90% of students live off campus so it is a very different atmosphere

the reason for this is that there is a top school in each state, so moving to get to a good school is unnecessary

this means that you make fewer friends overall because you continue to hang out with your friends from high school
>>
>>58788606
wow that sounds like fun, here i think almost everyone has heard it, the your highschool friends arent friends forever speech is pretty popular your senior year of highschool. Its pretty well known you will almost never likely see your highschool buds again unless you take up a blue collar life in the town you live in forever
>>
>>58788384
I studied abroad in China and noticed some pretty big differences:

- Students have mandatory curfew around 11PM and will be locked out of their dorms if they don't return in time

-Dorms are completely gender segregated. No visits to dorms by the opposite sex.

-Everyone takes it pretty easy as far as academics. Getting into college is the hard part, and the grades are mostly bullshit.

-All freshmen are subject to military education courses, and can be seen marching around campus in their uniforms, and performing boring drills like standing perfectly still in the sunlight for hours at a time.

-There's a general sense of what is politically OK and not OK to research on campus. Certain liberal professors allow more open discourse about sensitive topics like democracy, Chinese history, etc.
>>
>>58788751
that sounds like college under a commie regime
why did you choose to study there anon?
>>
>>58788789
I decided to do it because China is just so different from the US. I was studying Chinese as one of my majors, so you could say that was the reason - but I think the real reason was simply because I was bored and wanted to be in the middle of something completely different than what I was used to.

Also, everything is really cheap there, so I had lots of opportunities to go out drinking and take weekend trips to far out places.
>>
>>58788876
how many pairs of nikes did you buy?
>>
>>58788911
Hahaha, none. Fake copies of brand merchandise like that are cheap and available everywhere - but oddly, the price for luxury goods is actually more expensive than in the states, even though it's all made there.

I think the government levies a high tax on any kind of luxury or high-tech merchandise.
>>
its shit like the rest of the country

education before college teaches you basic shit and only prepares you for the entrance test, not for what college is actually like

teachers are lazy and more interested in their research than teaching

everybody lives off campus
>>
>>58789229
sounds like it sucks there and is more like american highschool than anything
>>
File: tumblr_nlfb84Amy51uqb95ao1_400.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlfb84Amy51uqb95ao1_400.png
87 KB, 285x285
Awful

I'm gonna end it all soon though
>>
File: 1462233096919.png (148 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1462233096919.png
148 KB, 600x375
>>58789476
Dont! Finals Week isnt over yet
>i believe in you senpai!
>>
File: adachi waifus.png (542 KB, 1214x635) Image search: [Google]
adachi waifus.png
542 KB, 1214x635
>>58788384
We have a few universities spread across our entire country, and finding a place to stay near your desired university is a lot harder than actually being accepted. I lucked out and found an apartment for cheap close by my uni, but I know people that spend more than hour on transportation both ways each day.
Dormitory rooms are hard to come by, and spending a year or so waiting for one to become available is pretty common.
As a result, I only ever talk to my classmates during classes and the occasional party I decide to go to.

It's lonely. I wish I was more extroverted. I like most of my classmates, they're good people, but I never really get to hang out with them. At least we get along, I guess.

It's lonely.
>>
>>58789750
Fuck, I messed up when writing this.
Ignore the second "It's lonely."
It's not THAT lonely.
>>
>>58789822
its understandable i like to party every now and again but i mean after to much i need to spend 2-3 days being a loner and having time to myself if not i get autismo af in everyday life conversations with people
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.