[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does USA/Canada actually get any immigrants from the Middle East
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1460661478235.jpg (141 KB, 720x894) Image search: [Google]
1460661478235.jpg
141 KB, 720x894
Does USA/Canada actually get any immigrants from the Middle East and African countries? Since it seems to be mostly about European refugee crisis and all, so I was just wondering if you have anything to relate on, or if it's all just shitposting?

Pic not really related.
>>
>>57889918
Canada ends up with a bunch of immigrants from former French colonies (Lebanon, Africa, Haiti) because Quebec wants to bring in french speakers for their immigration system.

And then there's the 30k Syrians, who were living in Lebanon.
>>
There's some Somalis in Minnesota, funnily enough the region with the most Swedish diaspora in the US

I've never seen or heard anything about Syrians, at least in my area
>>
>>57889918
>Does USA/Canada actually get any immigrants from the Middle East and African countries?
The US had some Christian Arabs and Turks immigrate at about the time most of the Europeans came, but all of them are integrated or mixed now.
Recently there's been a small pick up in Muslim immigration but it's still monumentally dwarfed by Latin American and Hindu/East Asian immigration. The immigrants Muslims that are here tend to be wealthy, well educated and overall pretty secular. I went to school with a girl from Lebanon, but she had blue eyes, pale skin and didn't wear a headscarf. That was the only Muslim I've ever talked to.
Africans here tend to cream of the crop for their whole continent, educated, rich and friendly, whilst being bullied by local blacks for being too successful and end up associating almost entirely with whites. Refugees tend to be shittier on average then the average African immigrants, but are still much better then hoodrat local black people.
>>
>>57889918
we get immigrants mostly from Latin America, I know a few euros that immigrated here but no sand people or negros.
>>
what is a super bowl
>>
File: minnesota.jpg (198 KB, 460x578) Image search: [Google]
minnesota.jpg
198 KB, 460x578
>>57890290
>>
>>57890290
Federal government resettles refugees. Some of it is because of Islam, Somalis all know how to slaughter and butcher goats. There' rural slaughterhouses in Canada, that are 75% Somali.
>>
>>57889918
My cities has an ever growing Somali and Ethiopian population.

Most of them seem to end up as Uber drivers or starting a restaurant.
>>
>>57890295
Also to add, as of 2010, 35 million of our 40 million immigrants don't come from the Middle East, Africa or India.

>>57890416
There are 25,000 Somalis in the St. Paul-Minneapolis area.
The area has a total population of 2.6 million.
>>
Absolutely, they tend to end up in specific regions. Arabs are huge near Detroit, Washington DC, NYC and LA.

There are lots of Africans too, who do well in college and often take jobs like Pharmacy clerk

Arab youth are fucking awful, because they either remain creepy muslims, or go secular and become these wierd arab-guido dudebros, loud islamic meatheads at the gym with exaggerated urban/club culture
>>
>>57890781
>Arabs are huge near Detroit, DC, NYC and LA
A bit of an overstatment.
Those are just the places where you can find Arabs.
>>
They're like 1% each, so not really. It's kind of funny that you all bring them up whenever you talk about our white population.
>>
In Europe, they'r now worried about people coming from some what stable African countries looking for a better like, i.e Nigeria, Gambia, Senegal and so on. Also somewhat unstable countries such as Libya. All coming to Italy and then to the rest of the EU.

A bit worrisome since there's more than 170 million people in Nigeria only and add other African countries to that plus the Middle East.

Just feels like it's all going to hell in the next ten years, just trying to get done with my studies and try to leave the boat.
>>
>>57891221
And while I understand they want a better shot at life, but, jeh.
>>
>>57889918
We are getting an influx of them here in Chicago, so much so i've seen them start to displace Mexican populations
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.