[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that no white people are religious in Belgium, they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Belgium-map.png (302 KB, 2857x2314) Image search: [Google]
Belgium-map.png
302 KB, 2857x2314
So now that no white people are religious in Belgium, they don't have Catholicism uniting the two groups.

Is that why they can't fucking get along now?

They seemed to get along well enough to leave the Netherlands in the 1800s - is a lack of religion really doing this to them?

Is there something else going on?

Are Francophones just huge faggots?
>>
>>56820504
It are actually Belgians in general who are faggots. That's why they hold each other in a cuckold stranglehold.
>>
File: 1440597995265.jpg (30 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1440597995265.jpg
30 KB, 512x384
>>56820717
>>
>he thinks religion was the cause for Belgium's existance
Brits funded Catholic Dutchmen and Frenchmen to rebel from the Netherlands to do a couple of things:
1: Further weaken the Dutch Colonial Empire so they wouldn't come in the way of the British Empire in the future
B: Create a nation tied to both the countries bordering it (Netherlands and France) to want to defend it as it contained both Flems and Walloons

This allowed the British Empire to have a foothold in Europe without actually holding land there, which no Europeans tolerated. Britain, with their perfidy succeeded in making an artificial state with no history or heritage and actually assured its existance for nearly two centuries. It is quite an impressive feat and truly shows the impressive power of the British Empire at its height. Also this >>56820717
>>
>>56821320
>Brits funded Catholic Dutchmen and Frenchmen to rebel from the Netherlands to do a couple of things:

Source? I can't find anything detailing this. I only see info about them supporting the creation of the Belgian state in the Treaty of London.
>>
>>56823216
That's because it's mostly lies
>>
>>56824081
Reading more, I see that it's more complicated than just religion - the upper and middle classes even in much of Flanders spoke French.

Is that true today as well? I'm sure the middle class doesn't, but what about rich faggots in Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent, etc?
>>
>>56824774
>Is that true today as well
No, they don't. It's frowned upon today. Most Franskiljons left for Brussels, Wallonia and France.
Of course, kids in Flanders learn French at school, whereas the reverse should be happening, but isn't actually followed, in Wallonia.
Brussels speaks French, mostly because it was a city of immigration. The leftist French parties even "imported" North Africans to Brussels to make sure it would be mainly French-speaking.
>>
>>56821320
>Brits are the root of all evil
>>
Belgium peaked in the 80's
video related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRpeVcjMvNo
>>
>>56825613
>Brussels speaks French, mostly because it was a city of immigration. The leftist French parties even "imported" North Africans to Brussels to make sure it would be mainly French-speaking.

Disgusting
>>
>>56820504
>2016
>not going to church

I will never understand this, what else is there to do on a Sunday morning?
>>
File: 1458593993448.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
1458593993448.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
>>56826116
Personally I make breakfast for my wife (usually eggs, maybe pork of some kind, coffee, toast, maybe some wheat beer if I'm not hungover)

If it's nice out we go for a hike

If it's not nice out we go shopping or stay in and watch netflix

Then again, we're not religious. My hyper-religious family made me go to church 3-4 times a week from 1997-2007, so I doubt I'll set foot inside a church other than for weddings, deaths, or voting ever again.
>>
>>56823216
It was a meme, bud

However the part about Britain having a foothold in Europe through Belgium wasn't a meme, nor was the whole "creating and sustaining an artificial state" thing
>>
>>56820504
They were getting their shit kicked in during the revolt until the French intervened thinking they could snatch a part of the country. The other countries in Europe were afraid that France would annex the entire region but too indebted or weakened to support the Dutch and fight the French.
>>
>>56826329
>However the part about Britain having a foothold in Europe through Belgium wasn't a meme, nor was the whole "creating and sustaining an artificial state" thing

Again, no sources.

England never had a foothold in Belgium. It was an independent neutral buffer state.

Nor was it an artificial state. I've been reading on this for the past hour - the two areas (Netherlands, Belgium) had been split for most of the last 500 years, especially during the time of the Austrian Netherlands.

The issue is a lot more complicated, and quite different from your shitposting.
>>
>>56824774
Most old money switched back to Dutch, nobility is still primarily French though
>>
>>56826432
It was a state in Europe they could hold through influence, and they actually stayed faithful enough to that state to enter WWI over it. If it had no meaning to them, they wouldn't have gave a single fuck about it.
>>
>>56826882
I didn't say it didn't have meaning, but it's not like it was some English puppet state.
>>
>>56826945
True enough. I'm glad my shitposting might have made you research things and learn something, even if it was about fucking Belgium out of all countries.
>>
File: 9MPFuiW.png (391 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
9MPFuiW.png
391 KB, 1280x1920
>>56828191
Indeed, thanks! I've learned a lot over the last few hours of reading.
>>
Why dont they just split and join the netherlands/france. Brussels can be independent
>>
>>56826116

SLEEP, you quadroon.
>a god-like day of rest is literally prescribed against six-day work weeks, toiling at the fields/pyramids, etc.
>jews take it to an autistic extreme, but the sentiment is right: you fucking REST, and DON'T DO SHIT, so that you will have energy for the rest of your wagecucking/slavery
>Christians: "hm, Sunday is free, what shall we do"
>I know, let's force ourselves out of bed yet again for services
>let's never, ever sleep in, ever. fuck sleep whoops my arm is tingling fuck---
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.