[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Northern Italy is great" >"Southern Italy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: idunno.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
idunno.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>"Northern Italy is great"
>"Southern Italy is bad"
>SO I've been told
Then answer me this - why it's only some parts of Northern Italy that want to seceed? I'm curious.

When I was in northern Italy snowboarding 3-4 years ago I heard and saw "Italians" speaking german only. That's annother matter I'd like to ask about.
>>
Alto adige-South tyrol is basically Austrian,some regions of the north want to seceed or claimed so in the past because the south wastes all their (our) taxes
>>
>>56796411
So the austrian meme is true?

>because the south wastes all their (our) taxes
I've been to southern Italy as well and I Was told(many times) how they bailed the north out during the time that Italy united and that they were richer back then.

Isn't the north, like, repaing the south now?
>>
>>56796291
You shouldn't take memes for real, Southern Italy is poorer than the North indeed but it's still not bad to live in (we have many immigrants from Eastern Europe for instance). And few people actually want to secede. Some Northerners just want that their taxes don't go to the South and that's it, so they support federalism and shit. But no one would gain anything from seceding, the South buys most of the North products and no one would be happy to buy Northern products if they split a country for such a materialistic reason.
>>
>>56796529
>how they bailed the north out during the time that Italy united
That's only partially true, the South paid more taxes than the North to pay back the huge debt the North had before.

>that they were richer back then.
That's complete bullshit.

>Isn't the north, like, repaing the south now?
If by South you mean the corrupted politicans and bureaucracy of the South, yes.

t. Southerner
>>
>>56796529
>So the austrian meme is true?
Yes they were cucked after WW1 and then didn't join austria because Nazi germany was allied with Italy

>how they bailed the north out during the time that Italy united and that they were richer back then.

This is basically a meme like ''gib back muh gold'' that South Americans say to Spaniards,there is some truth but it's not like the Kingdom of 2 sicilies was rich,their noblemen were

>Isn't the north, like, repaing the south now?

They got a shit ton of money funds in the past from the government (''cassa del mezzogiorno'') and they get European money funds as well but they all go to corrupt politicians and their families
>>
>>56796529
>they were richer back then.
Bourbon were rich, not the population.
>>
File: italy-consanguinity-irfan.png (19 KB, 484x472) Image search: [Google]
italy-consanguinity-irfan.png
19 KB, 484x472
>>56796291
Southern Italians are inbred and also not fully italian.

http://jayman.blog.com/2012/01/24/those-italians/

Real italians look like the northerners, as did the Romans.
>>
>>56796852
To be honest, cassa del mezzogiorno was an elaborate ruse.

But the rest simply disappeared in a cloud of corruption.
>>
>>56796953
I'm pretty sure many northerners are germanic
>>
>>56796291
>>56796529
Ignore every italian on int (yeah me too)
All of them are butthurt terroni/polente/sardi or memers
>>
>>56796291
>heard and saw "Italians" speaking german

Those are Austrians, they lost that to Italy on WWI. Also, why would the shit parts want to secede? The rich part will blame all of their problems on the poorer who leech them.
>>
>>56797077
/thread
>>
>>56797077
That's accurate
>>
>>56796291
>northern Italy snowboarding
It's Austro-German territory, not even Italian
>>
>>56797079
Because you're ignorant about Italy as most of the people here and just take memes for real. Sicily and Sardinia, had serious independentist movements, which actually achieved something, they're both autonomous regions and nationalistic feelings never died. Even if most people don't take independentism seriously anymore, this kind of movements keep emerging and dying. A recent serious autonomist movement in Sicily was allied with Lega Nord. Padanian nationalism is a recent thing (~20 years) and just a meme, literally ">muh money". Everyone with a brain doesn't take them seriously.
>>
>>56797077
I'm at least three of those things
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.