[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Turks religious or secular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 462x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 462x308
Are Turks religious or secular?
>>
they're fucking insane
>>
Turks are Muslims
>>
%20 --> ISIS Lovers (Vote for AKP)
%20 --> Hardcore Muslim but not violent (Vote for AKP the Islamic party)
%20 --> Turanist (They are also religious) (Half of the votes for AKP, other half votes for MHP the Nationalist party)
%30 --> Kemalist (Peaceful, educated part of Turkey who votes for CHP the Social democrat, republican party)
%10 --> Kurds (Sympathisant of Kurdish Terror Group called PKK and votes for HDP which is Kurdish Party )

This is pretty much Turkey
>>
religious idol worshipers
i wont judge erdogan, since i dont know much about the politics there

but surely he makes many turks irrational and extreme
>>
>tfw you fell for the Turkey isn't like the other Muslim Countries, they're more European meme
>>
>>62206320
^^^^^^^^
>>
80% are subhumans, rest are good lads
>>
>>62206130
They're cancerous.
>>
>>62206320
is dangerous suop
>>
>>62207265
You know, if 80% of a country are subhuman scum we should kinda nuke the whole place. Sorry for the "good lads", but it's for the greater good.
>>
>>62206130
most arabs look at them as muslims only by name
bars
sex
etc
tfw my country isn't muslim just in name
WHY WASN'T ATTATURK A PAN ARABIST REFORMER? WHY DID WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH NASSER?
>>
>>62206320
>implying Atatürk wasn't a turanist
Suck dick faggot ISIS lovers are under 5%
Also i am a turanist, kemalist voting for CHP
>>
>>62207345
10 Atatürks wouldn't have reformed our sad shitholes, Turks went through imperial times and matured a lot, they learned about life, culture, society, language, world politics... meanwhile we were hearding cattles and thinking we're from saudi arabia
>>
>>62206320
more like

%10 hardcore islamists (includes k*rds)
%50 çomar (central right wing AKP/MHP)
%25 CHP cucks
%5 liberals, richfags that vote for AKP
%10 SJW (includes k*rds and cihangir cucks)
>>
File: turkey-map-economist.png (99 KB, 1190x735) Image search: [Google]
turkey-map-economist.png
99 KB, 1190x735
>>62206320
>Spot the Kemalist

I'd say what my roach friend are quite correct but the fact of describing kemalists as paceful and educated is quite simple imo since:
>coups

>Turks
>Educated

You need to have in mind the demography of the country:
>Ethnicity
While the majority of the republic is ethnically turkish, there is between a 15 and a 20% of ethnics kurds (including in those others like the Zazas).

>Religion
Even if turkey is officially a secular country, 99% of the population is muslim. (since the establishment of the republic, the policy of turkification expelled progressively the different ethnicities and religions from Anatolia, but that's another topic) however, the muslims are not an unified religious block: around a 20% of the population in turkey is Alevi, a religious Shia sect mostly located in central Anatolia, specially in the Tunceli region (the green one surrounded by yellow provinces). This sect due historical reasons practices the Taqiyyah and is in general identified with the left wing and with the secularism (Groups like the DHKP-C are integrated mostly by Alevis).

Having this data in mind and looking the electoral map of the last elections you can get certain conclusions:
>The interior is deeply conservative and religious
>The capitals as Istanbul and Ankara are dominated by AKP due the immigration from rural areas
>The electoral base of the CHP is situated in the coastal towns and westernized cities like Eskisehir
>The kurds, even if the majority is deeply religious vote in general according their national identity; probably influenced by the PKK-state conflict that's been going on for the last 40 years
>The Nationalists only win in Osmaniye, province where the leader of the MHP was born and are strong in general in south (Mersin, Adana) gathering votes from both sides AKP and CHP
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3040x2277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3040x2277
>TFW your flag looks even remotely similar to Turkey's.
>>
>>62207649
sometimes I confuse you for a Turk and I write a shitpost only to notice you're honk kong
>>
>>62207924
Stop the madness. We need a mainland flag.
>>
>>62206320
>>62207526
AKP is a popular religious party? WHat are they like? Are they Islamists....?
>>
File: turkic_armored_rider_with_mask.jpg (68 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
turkic_armored_rider_with_mask.jpg
68 KB, 427x640
we need to reinstall what was destroyed
kill the traitors, remove the subhuman scum

turkic turkey! ave roma!

>>62207621
you have to take the sum of mhp+chp for kemalists
basically shorelines and anything west of ankara(including) is mhp+chp>akp
south-east is hdp
>>
File: disgust.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
mfw leftists in Finland believe that most Turks are secular because some of them have visited Turkish holiday resorts and that most Turks oppose Erdogan.
>>
>>62208223

I agree, the only way to save turkey is to kill everyone and start again.
>>
>>62208154
yes they are, and they are the leading party for the last 10 years
>>
>>62207333
never asked you, austroach
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.