[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do americans need to remake everything? Is it parochialism,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: the-returned.jpg (307 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
the-returned.jpg
307 KB, 900x1200
Why do americans need to remake everything? Is it parochialism, or it's just that they have some sort of cognitive dissonance when they see images from other countries?
>>
Not everything
>>
Is this supposed to be Les Revenants?
the fuck america
>>
yank remake of the inbetweeners is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever been subjected to
>>
>>62176256
They will never see it when its not made in english for americans.

The latter part is super important.

They remade house of cards for example.
>>
test
>>
>>62176937
have you not seen what they did to top gear and shameless?
give my head peace is next black hand gerome and uncle buck
>>
>>62177623
We made House of Cards better though. This shit just looks like a mess.
>>
>>62178224
Booooh.
>>
>>62177623
Yes. But why?
>>
>>62178941
Because they are solipsistic as fuck.
>>
>>62179216
>solipsistic
Philosophical vocabullary.

Confirmed for real kraut and not a roach.
>>
Which The Office show is better?
>>
>>62179852
They're both decent but the American version has more memorable characters.
>>
>>62179852
They're both good, but the American version had the advantage of running longer and being able to flesh out its characters more. I imagine if the British Office had run longer it might have beat out the American one.
>>
>>62176256
Money. Occam's Razor, here.
>>
The even remade The Fucking Office.

I mean WTF!!!
>>
>>62182596
The British Office wasn't meant to run longer. Two seasons a special and you're done.

Why fucking draw it out forever.
>>
>>62176256
It's because there is always someone saying - "That's really nice, but I can do it better."
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.