[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is England so fucking depressing? I'm here visiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 345345367.png (62 KB, 282x200) Image search: [Google]
345345367.png
62 KB, 282x200
Why is England so fucking depressing? I'm here visiting and the country is nice, it is developed, there is a high quality of life, but everything here is so fucking SAD. People here are polite, but cold as fuck, and you can feel some tension or repressed aggressiveness in them. Can anyone please tell me what the deal is or is it just me?
>>
Are you burger?
>>
>>62172566
I'm italian
>>
>>62172592
American-Italian?
>>
>>62172592
AAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WAITER KEN AYE GETTA CUPPLA MEATBALLS OHVA ERE?????
>>
>>62172525
where in England are you?
>>
>>62172731
No, just italian. I speak english because I lived in Canada for some time. BTW that is a nice country to live in. I kind of wanted England to be like that. I guess that's why so many Britons escape to it or to Oz
>>
>>62172786
I'm in Bristol
>>
>>62172835
This. You should go to the countryside where people aren't so depressed
>>
>>62172525
>shite food
>shite women
>shite weather
depression is the cultural motor of the brit
>>
>>62172900
Depression is what keeps us going, things cant get worse than it already is
>>
>>62172888
But are they really depressed? What's the deal? I can't explain it. Now I kind of understand a girl I know that went to Moscow for piano lessons or something, and she couldn't stand it as it was so fucking depressing.
>>
>>62172793
English are bad to anyone not american. They suck yankee cock hard and want to be like them
>>
>>62172525
Because you're a faggot that used to running with your pants of and laughing at everything, so you're naturally get confused in serious places.
>>
>>62172951
But you really not have it bad at all. I don't understand why everything is so dreary here
>>
>>62172994
>But are they really depressed?
Ask them
>>
>>62172951
>Implying they can't
>Implying they won't
>>
We're not cold we just like to keep to ourselves and respect other people's space.
>>
>>62172525
We're not so much sad. We're just reserved.
We don't like to flail about and get in everyone's face with lots of loud emotions and hyperactivity like other cultures tend to. We try to keep our shit to ourselves.

In large cities like Bristol people are more reserved, perhaps go outside of a city and go to the "normal" parts, where the small towns and countryside are.

Also welcome to our country bruh. I'm going to Italy later this year, can't wait!
>>
I feel like this is common to a lot of countries in Europe.

>>62172951
Must be awful living in a peaceful, democratic, developed country.
>>
>>62178659
I love that British mentality, I guess I can relate since we have a reputation for being reserved as well.

The only thing depressing was the architecture as well as the weather, just this overbearing shade of grey

What happened to the quaint little towns? And don't say we bombed them, the V2 rockets were a hilarious failure
>>
>>62172525
Because what was the most powerful country in the world is now just another postindustrial, cucked western nation with no future.
>>
>>62172566
>>62173010
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>62172525
It's the architecture
>>
The weather has a huge bearing on people's emotions here for some reason. Which isn't good because it's cloudy most days regardless of season
>>
>>62172525
It's the same in most of northern Europe. People are more reserved and don't like to be loud and chimp out.

I have the opposite experience to you - I went to Italy, which was really nice, but it was way too hot and noisy all the time and it put me in a bad mood.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.