[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://theintercept.com/2016/07/12 /after-dallas-shootings-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
https://theintercept.com/2016/07/12/after-dallas-shootings-police-arrest-people-for-criticizing-cops-on-facebook-and-twitter/
>American "Freedom"
>>
>criticize
you mean direct death threats on how they will shoot at police and destroy police headquarters.
>>
>>62165950
>""""""""critizing cops""""""""
>open article
>bunch of people talking about how they'd kill cops

wew lad
>>
>>62166123
It's still freedom of speech faggot
If it was like you want, /pol/ would've been closed long ago
>>
>>62166192
no it isn't you fucking idiot
the first amendment doesn't protect you from making direct death threats and calls to violence
>>
Nowhere is free

we are all shackled to the soil of the earth and the rotting flesh we inhabit by the archon, all we can do is endure and pray to be set free in Christ
>>
>>62166221
>faggot makes a comment
>"lol kys faggot"
>go to jail
This is the future you choose.png
>>
>>62166284
I didn't chose it but trying to paint death treats as "criticizing" is a huge leap
>>
Criticise is spelled with an S
Thank you and god bless
>>
>>62166316
>Use Navy Seal Copypasta
>Go to Jail
I can do this all of the day bro
Death treats may be bad, but they shouldn't land you in the fucking jail. It's anti constitutional.
>>
>>62166416
dude what the fuck is even wrong with you
it's the law and it has always been like that.
I didn't write it so why are you bitching to me?
the reason they don't lock you up for posting shit on 4chan is because of anonymity (yes even on flag websites all poster info gets erased at the end of the day)
and because there is simply too much of it mixed with jokes .
it's still against the law.
and the navy seal copypasta has gotten people in trouble on other social media websites if you Google it.
>>
>>62166672
We're only anonymous to users, IPs are logged against posts in case the partyvan wants to visit
>>
>>62166672
Just because "It's the law", it doesn't mean it's wrong, you cocksucking paladin
In fact, such a law goes against what America WAS FOUNDED ON, and as such, it's a pretty shit law
>>
>>62166804
clearly not
considering everyone on /pol is still there
>>
>>62166921
Just because they can doesn't mean they will. Its mostly local cop shops doing this stuff anyway so going after social media is the low hanging fruit
>>
>>62166915
I seriously don't see why you need call to violence to be protected by freedom of speech.
If you're doing it you better be prepared to take on the government one way or another considering you're disrupting the country and putting lives at risk.
You can still argue in court whether or not it was actually a joke or intended.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.