[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come Canada and Scandinavia are cold and snowy but the UK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: world-map.gif (25 KB, 407x309) Image search: [Google]
world-map.gif
25 KB, 407x309
How come Canada and Scandinavia are cold and snowy but the UK is just cold and wet but doesn't snow that much even though geographically it's further north than some parts of Canada and my home state, which gets snowy and icey af every winter?
>>
>>61896610
Anglo magic
>>
>American education

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_Stream
>>
just b urself dude
>>
>>61896610
Because of the curvature of the earth's axis.
>>
ever heard of the gulf stream?
>>
>>61896687
that just means it would be even further North then
>>
>>61896610
gulf stream brings warm air from mexico
thanks to global warming ireland and the UK are becoming colder, since the gulf stream is weakening.
>>
1. Gulf Stream.
2. Being further north in terms of latitude doesn't always mean it's colder. We are at the same latitude of most of Europe yet we have a much, much colder climate
>>
>>61896715
>becoming colder
what? no

It's getting hotter and we're getting less snow
>>
>>61896610

1. SINCE BRITAIN, AND IRELAND, ARE ISLANDS, THEIR CLIMATE IS THOROUGHLY AFFECTED BY THE SEA.

2. BRITAIN, AND IRELAND, ARE AT A LOWER ALTITUDE THAN SCANDINAVIA, AND EASTERN CANADA.
>>
>>61896757
your caps lock is on
>>
>>61896610
>What is weather
>>
>>61896743
when the gulf stream denatures or goes away you're gonna be canada tier m8
>>
>>61896838
wew I would love this. how long do I have to wait
>>
>>61896838
UK is drifting slowly more and more north, in the future it will be in the ice cap zone. How does it feel knowing your entire country will be a frozen iceball in the future? Literally nothing you do on your pathetic island will matter, all will freeze in the end.
>>
>>61896743
i havent been in ireland for a while ofc, but the last winters i spent the winters were becoming snowier and summers hotter (the gulf stream is a milding effect, not just a heating effect)
>>61896838
not canada tier, labrador tier.
>>
>>61896838
Yep, it's actually very likely to happen
https://youtu.be/UuGrBhK2c7U?t=3m31s
>>
The gulf stream, the moderating effect of the ocean, and elevation. The former two are also responsible for why Canada is significantly colder than Scandinavia.
>>
>>61896950
true desu, the oceans can still moderate the temperature of the island, but continental Europe will be fucked.
>>
>>61896838
this. europe is pretty much going into a little glaciation when enough ice melts in greenland and changes the salinization killing the gulf stream. it's getting very unstable by now.
>>
File: le-gulf-stream.jpg (97 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
le-gulf-stream.jpg
97 KB, 480x480
>>61896610
wew
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.