[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any racism in South America ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10
File: south america.gif (24 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
south america.gif
24 KB, 600x450
Are there any racism in South America ?
>>
They have a racial caste system
>>
>>61895471
Towards?
>>
>>61895499
blacks and natives
>>
Yes but less than most other places.
>>
Yes, whites are discriminated against. It's called affirmative action
>>
>>61895471
Yes, whites get fucked constantly by institutionalized racism, if you're poor and white here bad luck man, you'll never crawl out of the slum.
>>
>>61895499
Between blacks and white, blacks and natives, mixed and blacks, white and mixed, whites and natives, etc...
>>
cant you guys just agree on one massive generalization to make.
>>
>>61895591

I don't know about Native Americans since I've never seen one in my life.

But there is a lot of racism between whites and blacks in Brazil. Not like America or South Africa levels, but of course there is racism.

For example, mulatto people who marry to a white guy , people call "palmiteiro(a)".

We have "n" world too.
>>
Yes we just pretend we dont
>>
>>61895471
We were kinda used to it, then politicians and weak persons learnt that some words were offensive in other countries and started crying over them
>>
>>61895520
>>61895591
Not openly at least, like in some countries. However, 'behind the scenes' of course there is.
>>
>>61895655

I mean "n" words.

Preto, negro de merda, crioulo, etc.
>>
Of course.
>>
>>61895684
>>61895655
We don't have an 'n' word like the US that specifically insults blacks tho. Preto e crioulo aren't really insults, depends on the context.
>>
Pretty much over here. Mostly against bolivians, chileans and peruvians
>>
>>61895743

It's always insult. Try to call some black "crioulo" nowadays and you probably will go to jail or being punched.
>>
>>61895680
Is it the same in every latin america country ?
>>
>>61895743

LoL, all of these words are insult.
>>
>>61895788

I think racism in Brazil is way bigger than in Spanish America.
>>
>>61895797
>>61895770
Sempre chamei uns amigos meu de preto e nunca fui chamado de racista por eles, não sei o que vocês tem na cabeça.
>>
>>61895471
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Argentina
It's worth a read.
>In many cases, "social relations have become racialized";[6] for example the term "negro" is used to designate a worker, without any relation to the color of his/her skin. It is common for people who hold positions of responsibility in business to refer to the staff as "negros"
I don't care honestly.
>>
>>61895471
There's no KKK-styled groups here in Brazil (aside from a few retarded skinheads). Covertly there is some racism though, a lot of it is from brown people towards blacks.
>>
File: 223365.jpg (96 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
223365.jpg
96 KB, 720x540
>>61896004

You are forgeting black/brown racism too.

For example, I'm black so I must not like rock or any "white people" songs or culture or legends. I must listen "black music"!!!!!!

America and South Africa are full of this bullshit too.

I don't think this shit happens in Spanish America.

Pic related: Metal show, not a single black.
>>
>>61896203

Oh... This is very awful. Now post a rap show
>>
File: 555656.jpg (68 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
555656.jpg
68 KB, 750x500
>>61896343

Just compare Emicida's show
>>
File: 554675.jpg (128 KB, 644x484) Image search: [Google]
554675.jpg
128 KB, 644x484
>>61896483

Dani Nolden's show
>>
>>61896483
>comparing a niche show to a normie one
>>
>>61896483
There's a few white guys in the front row
>>
>>61896203
That's dumb, i've seen blacks in metal concerts here and no one gave a fuck honestly.

Also, are you referring to racism from blacks or from whites? I've read that in the US, "blacks should have black culture only" is enforced mainly by blacks.
>>
Yes, there is.

You might close the thread now. Thanks for using 4chan
>>
>>61895471
No, we're all niggers.
>>
>>61895497
What are you talking about?
>>
>>61895471
yeah...but we dont kill each other for shit like that,we are not like the `muricans
>>
>>61895471
Chileans are more xenophobics than racists, with our neighbours mostly (Perú, Bolivia, and Argentina)
>>
>>61897496
with peru and bolivia i agree with you...but with argentina i fell more like rivals than enemys
>>
>>61896747

Racism from both sides.
>>
>>61897788
Let me see if I got this straight. You're listening to Megadeth or Sepultura and some guy sees that and yells you "Hey, thats not black music, you should listen to funk"?

Is the guy white or black? Which one is more probable?
>>
>>61896747
Kind unrelated but blacks can't into metal here in brazil, for some reason beyond my understanding
I have a handful of black friends and some of my coworkers are also different shades of mulattoes and NONE of them are into the rock/metal spectrum

Mysteries of nature
>>
File: sepultura.jpg (277 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
sepultura.jpg
277 KB, 2000x1333
>>61897876
why? there are blacks that like metal music, just like any other
>>
File: BA3.jpg (55 KB, 620x630) Image search: [Google]
BA3.jpg
55 KB, 620x630
>>61895684
>>61895743
what about "MA-CA-CO"
>>
File: RTEmagicC_zanfolin.jpg.jpg (29 KB, 300x357) Image search: [Google]
RTEmagicC_zanfolin.jpg.jpg
29 KB, 300x357
>>61895471
Yes, blacks suffer prejudice from their brown counterparts. Really, browns hate blacks more than anyone else. Pic related, that dude was jailed for moking a famours black actress (slightly darker than him, funnily enough).

Whites also get fucked constantly by affirmative action.
>>
From my own experience, people have bad feelings against Colombians, Peruans and Bolivians, but's it's not really because they are black/brown, but because they are, in fact, Colombians, Peruans And Bolivians.
But yes, there IS racism. The only reason why I wasn't drafted is because of my light skin.
Chileans are very classist.
>>61897496
>>61897716
Also these
>>
>>61897939
She's not brazilian, she's gaucha.
>>
>>61897932
That guy is american, not brazilian
>>
There's a lot of discrimation against people from neighboring countires (mostly bolivians and paraguayans) and brown people in general.
Memes aside, niggers are a relatively thing in argentina. They've been increasing in numbers since the last decade but were pretty much non existant before that. They don't seem too bad so far
>>
>>61897997
she dindu though
>>
A lot of people hate colombians in here
>>
>>61895471
Yes, but unless someone actually acts on it nobody gives a shit
For example, my dad openly says that blacks are a lazy race, but unless he preaches it or something, nobody will give a shit because it doesn't actually affects their lives at all
>>
>>61898021
I'm not saying that he is brazilian, just saying that he is black and a metal singer. Generally, blacks don't like metal music as much as other races and I can't understand why. There are black metal bands, so yeah, there is that even.
>>
I wouldn't say exactly racist, I'd say more xenophobic. Here people really dpn't care that much to South Americans, but with Central Americans we all lose our shit.
>>
There's definitely more hate towards other nationalities than particular races. But it's still very evident. Calling someone "indio" became an insult thanks to the colonial caste system, there's this latent desire towards whiteness and rejection of natives/niggers. We barely recognized ethnic minorities as people in 1991, and through history they've suffered a lot because of political violence, rubber fever, narcotraffic and the guerrillas.

Amerindians have all my sympathy and i think we should do more to protect them. Niggers should be gassed, though.
>>
>>61895684
>negro de merda
basically shitskins?
>>
>>61898135
it's like you guys were kings of the trash
>>
>>61898571
More like a Black shit.
>>
>>61898083
It's just an issue of exposure and preference (naturally). I've met blacks that love metal, but I know even more who hate it. They can recognize and admire the technical ability, but find the music too loud and brash.
>>
You can't find a black chilean, if you find one he might be immigrant (colombians, haitians mostly), a famous one is junior fernandes (footballer), his parents are brazilians
We're not used to see blacks so some people stare at them like they're weird bugs

Also Chile is a mestizo country (mapuches+spaniards, others natives+spaniards, other natives+european immigrants and so...), so lot's of people talk shit about the mapuches because we inherited the spaniard mentality to look down on them

By my dad side we have muh german heritage, my grandparents are quite racist
>>
>>61896747
>I've read that in the US, "blacks should have black culture only" is enforced mainly by blacks.

It's a little complicated, but basically there are groups of people who ONLY listen (or try to listen) and support music made only by blacks. It's done to support the culture, to encourage innovation, and to bolster black business. Of course, there are also people who really don't care about that and just listen to whatever they want.
>>
>>61895471
Are whites praised in south america?
>>
>>61899428
Yes, being white in some countries here means that you might be rich or at least be above average moneywise

One example, when in 1850 the gov went to Germany to convince people to come here and use lands in the south of Chile they got the nationality and those lands to work, now there are lot's of lands owned by chileans with german last names and mapuches fight to get those backs because >muh land >i was here b-before
>>
>>61895471
Of course there is. How can you not hate niggers when you're surrounded by them?
>>
>>61899335
>people talk shit about the mapuches because we inherited the spaniard mentality to look down on them
no, it's because Mapuches go around burning people's houses because >MUH LAND, GET OUT, like blacks in USA asking for reparations

some of them even get welfare just for being Mapuche
>>
>>61898083
>>61899297
>>61899419

In VERY BROAD strokes:

Metal in the teen years """generally""" comes from a place of angst for having too much energy than what your suburban soccer mum wants you to. Not that it doesn't have its merits once you really explore it, but certainly a lot of the introduction in younger years comes from a similar background.

Blacks rarely come from the opposite place and branch into rap/hiphop instead, for cultural and peer expectations. Same for poor white kids, who are more common than richer black ones.

Those would be the two main music-as-catharsis/rebellion genres. Music-as-art/craft """generally""" means either Jazz or Classical, but those require training and classes for a while for most people, black or white. Since Jazz has a lot of roots in black communities it's accepted for black people to want to pursue it, so Jazz is probably 50/50 nowadays. Most Black Jazz players living now are generally level-headed, disciplined almost white people, because it's become rare and somewhat prestigious to play, even if it pays shit.

I guess what I'm saying is that black people are the ones pushing themselves down. When they actually stop caring what other black people want from them, they can actually become productive. Jazz might be the greatest thing they've achieved.

Classical is for white/chinese only, though.
>>
There are Australians there, so yes.
>>
File: newaustralia06.jpg (86 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
newaustralia06.jpg
86 KB, 750x500
>>61899576
¡Viva Colonia Nueva Australia!
>>
Bolivians, paraguayans, chileans and peruvians as seen under unfavorable light in this country. Since they are ethnically different that's a yes.
>>
>>61897932
derrick green es un perro
borra eso
>>
>>61900462
It's an "Argentinians think they're not half indio" episode again, eh?
>>
>>61900520
Use as much memes as you want but what I've said is true and you know it.
>>
File: kids_on_the_slope.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kids_on_the_slope.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
>>61899570
I am Chinese.

I like Jazz alongside Classical music. I can play Classical music on a musical instrument (won't say which) because all it is is rote memorization of the juxtaposition of notes on the music sheet. But not contemporary (or old fashioned for that matter) Jazz styles. Have never tried it.

Japanese people are very good at music as well, I will admit. But I still despise them very much. It is irrational hatred.
>>
>>61900462
Ethnically different yes, argentines are native+italian+other european
You're whiter, but you're not even near being 90% white like some of you claim in here, let's be realistics and don't try to act superior ok bud?
>>
>it's another "mestizos get mad at us not being like them" episode
>>
>>61895471
Everybody save the Argentinians hate the Argentinians, Colombians hate their neighbors, etc
>>
There is, but it's not like a huge fucking taboo as it is in US.

The hate generally here is towards Haitians and Bolivians.
>>
Yes. People pass off racism against blacks as something minor or a joke but you won't see niggers doing anything but being football players, "artists" or cleaning personnel.

There aren't any pure indians here but I imagine the racism would also be kinda ruthless.
>>
>>61895471
not too much
>>
>>61901546
>Haitians
why?
>>
The whiter your skin the better you are.

Natives are Aboriginal tier. Negros like in US.
>>
Why do most South Americans hate Bolivia? I see this a lot on 4chan
>>
>>61895556
You were one digit off, smfh senpai.
>>
>>61900995
I must disagree with you. It's absolutely not hard at all to find someone who is +90% white in Southern Cone. The real matter is finding someone who is 100% of European heritage.
>>
From what I saw on /int/, Brazilians hate Amerindians who were the first inhabitants yet. That's why I don't like very much Brazilians.
>>
>>61902175
You remind me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVoP4IxV10w
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qu%27il_%C3%A9tait_bon_mon_petit_Fran%C3%A7ais
>>
>>61902042
Yeah I know that is true you can find someone who is 90% white, I was talking about the country as a whole

>>61901759
Because they're annoying
>>
>>61902260
Oh, okay, sorry.

>>61901759
I don't know anything about Bolivia, to be honest, so I don't hate them.
>>
>>61901759
they are the most common illegal inmigrants and smell like tangerines t.bh
>>
>>61901712
immigrants
>>
>>61903102
yes but why do you hate them?
Low skill?
French?
Tooafricanforyou?
>>
>>61899111
Says the country with the most blacks in the region...
>>
>>61895471
everyone is black and blacks cant be racist. so no.
>>
File: 1467335445742.jpg (10 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1467335445742.jpg
10 KB, 240x240
>>61895684
>negro de merda

KEK
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.