[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No memes or shitposting, lets have a serious discussion. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: guns_500x279.jpg (56 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
guns_500x279.jpg
56 KB, 500x279
No memes or shitposting, lets have a serious discussion. How can gun violence be reduced or stopped in the US?
>>
>>61859668
Remove black people
>>
>>61859668
Remove black people
>>
Do let people with a history of crime, and mental illness purchase them. Don't let people on the FBI watchlist purchase them, simple.
>>
File: 34543534.png (378 KB, 650x446) Image search: [Google]
34543534.png
378 KB, 650x446
>>61859668
the only actual way is:
1. removing the second amendment
2. banning all guns in all states
3. conducting massive nation-wide door-to-door raids for guns
these steps are not adviseable
>>
>>61859668
Don't worry about it, leaf.
>>
>>61859668
Make it a privilege instead of a right. I think citizens should be able to own guns, but it shouldn't be exactly easy to get one.
>>
>>61859726
""Simple"", sort of like how the sniper last night had no criminal charges or mental illnesses? That sort of simple?

There is no easy answer to this. It has to be approached by a community-to-community basis.
>>
>>61859742
Yeah, just like in Brazil. That's why your yearly firearm murder numbers are so low.
>>
>>>/pol/
>>>/reddit/
chose one, don't come back here.
>>
>>61859668
Remove nigger
>>
>>61859761
1. Very few people actually have legal guns.
2. Most people aren't killed with guns.
>>
>>61859794
>Most people aren't killed with guns.
Well, that's disturbing. So people are just stabbing and bashing each other apart in Brazil?
>>
>>61859726
>Don't let people on the FBI watchlist purchase them, simple.

Hilariously unconstitutional and goes against the idea of innocent until proven guilty. Owning and purchasing firearms is a right. Anyone can be put on that watchlist with no due process. If you want to take away somebody's rights you need to charge them of something.
>>
>>61859807
It's a lot easier to get a knife than a gun, even if it's an illegal gun.
>>
>Provide mental healthcare with universal coverage
>Develop a more effective and robust social welfare system without the stigma currently attached to it
>Regulate handgun sales, as they're the ones most likely to be involved in illegal activities
>Outreach programs to impoverished areas to promote education and alternatives to illegal activities for finances
>Provide resources to improve the ease of finding jobs for youth or those with a criminal record
>Don't allow anyone with a violent crime conviction or history of psychosis in the past 5-10 years to own a gun
>Produce a national licencing scheme where much like driving a car, you must undertake a safety course and a few hours at the range with a variety of guns before being allowed to purchase them. Shit, it could be an independent, government funded organisation for all I care.
>>
>>61859668
If you're just talking about mass shootings, nearly all of them(the ackbar and /r9k/ tier shootings anyway) occur in gun free zones where people are unable to defend themselves. Just let people CC in those places, the shootings will max out with a 5 person death toll

As for the regular gun homicides, they places where those occur are usually in poor cities filled with unemployed and impoverished blacks and hispanics. That's an entirely separate issue

It's unrealistic for the government to go door to door and remove all 300 million civilian firearms in the US, so that's not going to happen.
>>
>>61860033
>It's unrealistic for the government to go door to door and remove all 300 million civilian firearms in the US, so that's not going to happen.
Short of a massive cultural shift it will never be viable. You guys need to address the underlying issues in your society that guns become tools for - mental illness, poverty & crime, poor police training etc.
>>
>>61859668
Better education. It always works.
>>
>>61860062
>mental illness
I'm not sure how you would convince the American people to support a public health option for the mentally ill. I don't trust the government not to fuck it up(especially on the issue of paying for it. Obongocare raised my healthcare costs, and I'm insured through my company)

>poverty and crime
yeah, like I said that's an entirely separate issue that no one really knows how to solve. We've tried to help fix the inner city before and our efforts have failed for the most part
>>
>remove blacks
>remove illegal beaners
>watch violent crime plummet

it's that easy
>>
>>61860201
Violent crime has been on a steep decline since 1993.
>>
>>61860272
It's on the rise in nigger areas of large cities this year
>>
>>61859668
>gun violence

:^)
>>
>>61859864
So if someone wants to kill someone, they'll try to kill them even without a gun. Well colored me surprised
>>
Mental background checks.
Criminal background checks
-Possibly required firearm training like Swiss-
Fix how we treat people with drug addictions so its easier to get off of them.
Better training for cops to handle stress so they don't just jump to kill.
>>
>>61859668
heavier regulations on who can own a gun and what types of guns may be owned. in my state anyone can buy a flamethrower
>>
Make carrying guns mandatory, there's not enough guns there for the people to properly defend themselves.
>>
Up background checks, enhance mental health programs

Reminder that if you banned assault weapons in the US the cartels would just end up supplying them instead of American stores
>>
>>61861063
>cartels would just end up supplying them instead of American stores
This, until mexico can actually solve its crime problem banning shit is only going to make it worse.
>>
>>61859668
SHALL
>>
NOT
>>
>>61859668
>How can nigger violence be reduced or stopped in the US?

Remove black people
>>
>>61859668
Shoot the shooters
>>
>>61859668
the idea that it is an americans 'right' to own a gun seems to have very detrimental effect on how people view the privilege.
>>
File: messiken.jpg (12 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
messiken.jpg
12 KB, 237x213
>>61859668

Do you feel it canada?

those south american cartels and organized criminals are making their way north in epidemic proportions.

Your only hope of surviving this "latino" tsunami is by making guns legal and preparing your people for it.

if not yous are ducks in a barrel
>>
>>61859668
It's not going to be overnight, they could start by reducing the violence (or better labeling) shit on tv with gun violence
>>
Get rid of the draft and Institute conscription.

That way we can filter out all the retards who shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.
>>
>>61859668
you literally can't have a 2nd amendment without these incidents, so they have to figure out if it's worth it

murriflabbies might give europeans shit for having less liberal gun control, but at least our rioters don't bring guns to protests
>>
BE
>>
>>61859668
remove niggers
remove leftists that reinforce & enable nigger behaviour
>>
>>61859728
This, desu, I don't see another way. You either turn the US into a dictatorship, or suck it up.

You should really get your shit together, Murrika. You make us gun supporters look bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 579x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 579x376
>>61861997
Brazil doesn't need any help to look bad. You are a shithole of a country.
>>
Easy.
Ban selling ammunition. Second ammendment only covers weapons.
>>
Ban guns.

No other western country has the amounts of murders and mass shooting as much as the USA.
>>
>>61862124
>b-bbut m-m-muh niggers
>>
>>61862097
>Second ammendment only covers weapons

It actually covers "arms" which includes bullets.
>>
My family used to go to war against our neighbors all the time. Very few people in those mountains. And we're white hillbillies.

So if your answer is "no more cities" or "no more niggers" or "no more guns", I'm afraid you're going to have a bad time. We still managed to shoot each other all the time.
>>
>>61862149
It also means "hands".
Maybe founding fathers meant that everyone has a right to have hands?
>>
Elect Are Grate Leader Shillary Clinton©®™

She'll make all the bad-bad go away, and ensure that our BRAVE police force are the only domestically involved citizens that are armed! Because we can always trust our superiors, right? Just like working a job.
>>
>>61862143
That's a sorry ass excuse.
Israel has to add its Palestinian terror victims, and other Arab-on-Arab cases to the count,
yet our murder rate is far lower compared to the USA.
>>
File: image.png (53 KB, 575x1220) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53 KB, 575x1220
>>61862203
It really is just blacks shooting each other. They are way worse than Arabs and muzzies.
>>
>>61862367
>Lithuanicide
>Argentinacide
>Estonicide
>>
File: pew social trends gun crime.jpg (105 KB, 657x805) Image search: [Google]
pew social trends gun crime.jpg
105 KB, 657x805
>>61862143
Except that is the case
>>
>>61862164
No, they wanted to secure sovereignty and wanted to avoid kings so much our first government couldn't even build an army, tax, or had a judicial system.
It meant guns, ammo and everything under.
>>
Ban Democrats from owning guns.
>>
>>61862203

Yeah, not really.

Disproportionately put illegal firearms in the hands of Palestinians with unfettered access throughout Israel, import vast numbers of Sub-Saharan Africans, also with disproportionate numbers of illegal firearms throughout your cities.

Then compare numbers.
>>
reduce poverty
>>
End the drug war
Reduce poverty
Reinstate mental health facilities
Improve background checks

That's literally it
>>
>>61859668
North americans United kingdoom and France most be extingued
>>
>>61859726
Oh look, a Jew who hates due process go figure.
>>
>>61859962
Australian not shitposting for once
>>
Ban ammo sales :^)
>>
>>61859962
SHALL
>>
>>61859668
It is quite easy, really.

You see, A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Now fuck off, leaf.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.