[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Northern Ireland? Is its rightful British
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: northern-ireland.png (9 KB, 341x389) Image search: [Google]
northern-ireland.png
9 KB, 341x389
What do you think of Northern Ireland?

Is its rightful British land or should it return in a sense to the Republic of Ireland?

is the republics desire for northern Ireland a sort of manifest destiny?

maybe due to the unique history and culture of what is known as northern Ireland requires a new branding a new name?

In this thread we discuss
>>
Map autism dictates it should belong to Ireland for prettier borders.
>>
>>61784227
This t.bh
>>
>>61784183
unionist here.
>>
>>61784183
Should belong to Ireland tb h
>>
>>61784183
Only one Ireland
>>
Island nations being broken apart is complete heresy.

I'm looking at you UK and turkey. Fuck you.
>>
It's our land. God gave this land to me etc.
>>
>>61784183
Northern Island should reunite with Ireland and all pro-Anglo protestants should be purged.
Scotland should become independent.
London should become an independent city state and a tax haven and expel the queen to the backwards outskirts.
The rest of England and Wales can go down the shitter while chanting "God save the Queen".
>>
Just have a referendum again
>>
It's just another english colony
>>
>>61784345
Then all of the world should be united. since all the land in the planet is surrounded by water. Europe, Africa and Asia just make a huge big island if you think about it.
>>
>>61784399
Ireland has only ever been united under British rule, they should reunite by the republic joining the North.
>>
File: 1467537235594.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467537235594.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
Both the UK and Ireland are controlled by the same progressive liberal elite. Wanting NI to return to Ireland is pointless, shallow geographic nationalism along the line of the SNP. The IRA know what the true existential threats to the Irish are but they haven't done a single thing to stop them. The true liberation of Ireland will come when their national identity is no longer under threat, and whether they are part of the UK or not, or have control of NI or not, makes no difference with regards to that.

Personally I think Ireland should rejoin the UK alongside Canada, NZ and Australia with free movement and a unified military. We're not ready for that at all right now though, it will take a long time before we are.
>>
>>61784497
>Ireland has only ever been united under British rule, they should reunite by the republic joining the North.
*Dutch rule
>>
>>61784497
As an Irish descendant:
Fuck you
>>
>>61784517

>Personally I think Ireland should rejoin the UK alongside Canada, NZ and Australia with free movement and a unified military. We're not ready for that at all right now though, it will take a long time before we are.

That not gonna happen, don't kid yourself. Even more now, UK is going to isolate and that's it.
>>
>>61784592
Spain has muh heritage too?>>61784629
>>
>>61784517
You have no idea what you're talking about.

>Personally I think Ireland should rejoin the UK alongside Canada, NZ and Australia with free movement and a unified military.

Special snowflakes brits thinking anyone gives enough of a shit about you to reform old unions when you are and always have been pricks in every "union" you were ever part of.
>>
I visited both Ireland and NI earlier this year and I didn't notice any difference except that NI uses freedom units and the Queen's money. NI is also an eye sore on every map. They should be united.
>>
File: UK.png (56 KB, 1033x620) Image search: [Google]
UK.png
56 KB, 1033x620
>>61784629
>That not gonna happen, don't kid yourself.
History is a spiral and the pendulum is swinging against globalism towards nationalism. It's a very likely possibility within the next 200 years.
>>
>>61784692
Hong Kong wants to rejoin the UK. Jamaica wants to rejoin the UK. Several african heads of government have said they want a European return, and you don't have to go far to find ordinary africans who lived under European rule who want it back.

The jealousy is really obvious to be quite honest.
>>
>>61784763
>Several african heads of government have said they want a European return
You leave them as shitty countries, is obvious that they would want to be brits...
>>
>>61784763
then why not join with them? good ol empire together with half of africa :^)
>>
>>61784763
So Brits have resorted to making shit up to stroke their egos now? Sad.
>>
File: yanks out tho tbh.png (29 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
yanks out tho tbh.png
29 KB, 500x250
>>61784799
It was a byproduct of fighting two world wars and the UK bankrupting itself. Geo-politically the situation is very different and will continue to change.
>>
>>61784834
>then why not join with them? good ol empire together with half of africa :^)
Not ready yet. The Chinese are there first, also. Which is actually good because it makes the Europeans look attractive in comparison.
>>
>>61784848
Just because you hate the truth doesn't make it a lie.
>>
>>61784934
Post sources then.
>>
>>61784934
>truth
You discredited yourself.
>>
File: Salazar.jpg (190 KB, 800x1071) Image search: [Google]
Salazar.jpg
190 KB, 800x1071
>>61784965
Jamaica
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2009487/We-stayed-Britain-Shock-poll-reveals-60-Jamaicans-think-theyd-better-colony.html
Hong Kong
>http://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/hong-kong-03142013141313.html
Congo
>http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1713275,00.html
South Africa
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/8711089.stm

I've got stuff to do but those are things I found from literally googling for about 20 seconds. You can find much more if you try.
>>
>>61784965
The idea to create a unified Anglosphere has been around for over 100 years.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Empire_Loyalists
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Federation

There's even an existing structure to work through.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations
>>
>>61785071
>Jamaica
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2009487/We-stayed-Britain-Shock-poll-reveals-60-Jamaicans-think-theyd-better-colony.html
>Hong Kong
>http://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/hong-kong-03142013141313.html

Both of these are single polls that even if they were true would not be the same as "wanting to rejoin the UK" (I'm still not clear on how they would "rejoin" something they were never part of).

I was most interested in:
>Several african heads of government have said they want a European return

Which you failed to source, proving Brits nationalists have resorted to making shit up.
>>
it doesn't matter

whoever is the next uk pm is gonna roll over and capitulate to the eu so norn iron can continue to be subsidized and they'd have no reason to leave

the only thing that'll piss them off is the lower corporate tax rate for the whole uk
>>
>>61785071
Why did you post a pic of Salazar?
>>
>>61784183

it should go back to ireland, there's literally no reason why we should have it
>>
>>61784183

It's another Butthurt Irishman Ruins The Thread Edition isn't it?
>>
>>61786026
Nah you did that yourself lad, congratulations.
>>
File: ulster20.jpg (76 KB, 615x406) Image search: [Google]
ulster20.jpg
76 KB, 615x406
BELONGS TO DIXIE
>>
>>61785955
It makes the union flag look better
>>
>>61784183
BASED
A
S
E
D

Is the only thing I know about it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.