[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Brazil a western country or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: monkeybr.jpg (69 KB, 474x317) Image search: [Google]
monkeybr.jpg
69 KB, 474x317
Is Brazil a western country or not?
>>
No one knows.

Same thing for Israel.
>>
Why would you ask? (unless you want memes)
Of course it is. "Western" is a cultural term, it doesn't really matter if your country is a mixed shithole full of murder and rape, you still share the basic values and cultural traits that come from the ones that colonized you.
If you consider portugal western, then the colonies are too(as long as they retain their values, which might not be the case in africa because nigs gonna nog)
>>
File: Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png (154 KB, 800x395) Image search: [Google]
Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png
154 KB, 800x395
Sometimes it's seen as western, sometimes not. Depends on the person you ask.

>almost 100% Christian
>Latin derived language
>culture is pretty much Portuguese
>Republic with democratic values
>Laws are pretty much the same as the rest of the western world
>almost half of population is fat and dumb and watches too much tv

I'd say we are western.
>>
>>61758453
>Bolivia and Peru are western because Spain is western.
This is not how it works, famalito. I see Colombia and Brazil as western countries, but not because of that.
>>
Western means majority white country.
>>
>>61758743
What part of "as long as they retain their values" didn't you understand?
And yes, they are. They have indeed lots of mixture with native american culture, but they are still predominantly christian countries, share a social organization and culture with hispanics in general, etc.
Just because you don't like them or they are poor or whatever doesn't make them less western. The term doesn't exist only to describe rich europeans.
>>
>>61758821
So i guess France is no longer western
Welcome to the club friend :-DD
>>
Brazil is a monkey country
>>
>>61758046
The world isn't black and white, starting in 0 and then jumping straight to 10. It's more like a sequence where things slightly differ from each other to gradually form different things. The term "western" is vague in itself, and largely irrelevant (there isn't even a fucking consensus as to what is and what isn't). There are parts of the world were different cultures merge with what it's considered to be "western" , such as Turkey, South Korea, Japan, Israel and Latin America. And so on and so forth, in a process including every single nation in the world.

At the end, it doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>61759646
as always, we thank you for your contribution japan. there's always truth in your statements. さようなら私の友人
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.