[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alabama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 800x400
What is /int/'s opinion on the grand state of Alabama?
>>
>>61757714
this is our imperial flag, desu
>>
>>61757784
Well shit

Does Alabama own you now?
>>
>>61757714
If you are a hunter it's a mighty good state. People are friendly in the small rural towns of the southwest part, don't know much about the rest.
>>
al-obama
>>
If you like incest and rednecks, Alabama is great.
>>
>>61757714
>What is /int/'s opinion on the grand state of Alabama?
Must be awkward being the neighbors of the cool kids in the South.
>>
what are state fairs like there? i want to go to a state fair in the south
>>
which one is it
>>
age of consent is 16 there, you go girl
>>
>>61760354

They're pretty nice. They mostly take place during the summer, so it's pretty hot. If you're going to go, go at night. It's kinda crowded, and the rides are so so, but the food is good and the people are nice.
>>
File: Alabama_in_United_States.svg.png (522 KB, 2000x1238) Image search: [Google]
Alabama_in_United_States.svg.png
522 KB, 2000x1238
>>61760497
>>
>>61765055

top kek
>>
File: Birmingham Vulcan.jpg (72 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
Birmingham Vulcan.jpg
72 KB, 427x640
Absolutely majestic
>>
>>61757714

Inbred pig fuckers.
>>
I know nothing about it xcept sweet home alabama
>>
File: 1449491426968.jpg (61 KB, 549x352) Image search: [Google]
1449491426968.jpg
61 KB, 549x352
ROLL TIDE
>>
>>61766440

Isn't Alabama one of your biggest trade partners? I know that during WWII they bailed out you Germanfag prisoners, but that's about it.
>>
>>61766337

>inbred pig fuckers

Says the Aussie
>>
Is al-Abama a terrorist?
>>
>>61766440
I live in Bama and used to work for a ThyssenKrupp plant here, though they sold it and I lost my job in the transition
>>
>>61768500
The fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>61769561

>I N S I D E J O B
>N
>S
>I
>D
>E
>J
>O
>B
>>
A less poor mississippi full of hick towns in the center and ghettos in the big cities. Only the coast is civilization.
>>
File: image.png (119 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
119 KB, 2000x1333
>>61772411
>>
>>61768500
>Alabama
>Allah Obama
Coincidence?
>>
>>61757714
Are there any anons from AL present?

I spent a year down there as an exchange student, it was more of a suburban area. Overall, it was a pretty comfy state but I can definitely see how it achieved its reputation. I went to a public High School and it was a joke. Pretty much all classes were blow-offs. Five odd years later, I'm still surprised at how many of my former classmates are now tied down with kids from 18 onwards, or in jail.

Other culture shocks were the amount of black people and the prevalence of religion. Regarding the former, it wasn't that big an issue since most of my black classmates turned out to be cool, but I'm from bumblefuck Bavaria so I had never seen or interacted with a black person before. My first time talking to a black dude was in Hartfield Airport in ATL, so yeah there were some communication problems to say the least. The religion bit took a bit more getting used to, while some of the folks would definitely pass for religious nut here in Europe, they were extremely nice and well-meaning, or at least that's my impression of them.

On the upside, the food was fucking amazing and people were extremely open and cordial. Never did I feel excluded or belittled for being a lowly foreigner. Also had a blast smoking weed and slamming beer at the local lake.

Overall, AL is a strong 7.
>>
ROLL TIDE BITCHES
>>
I really really like that flag
>>
>>61774508
What is food like? Never had any chance to go to the South
>>
>>61774508
Alabamafag here

Isn't the song Sweet Home Alabama a thing in Germany?
>>
>>61774517
RAMMER JAMMER

Fuck, I must've went to like three games or so during my stint in Alabama. Top it off with some Dreamlands BBQ and there's your perfect family outing.

Also, an addendum to my previous post
>>61774508
I came here with a German accent, it wasn'T all that thick, but people were able to pin my nationality down fairly easily. Nowadays I live in a college town that gets lots of US tourists and students and I'm often told that my English has a decidedly Southern tint to it.
>>
>>61774567
Oh it sure is. Where in AL are you, if I may ask? I was in the Montgomery area for a year, but me and my family also dared venture into Birmingham, Mobile...pretty much everywhere.

>>61774561
It's mostly deep fried and extremely unhealthy. I must say I got pretty fat during my first three months.

I remember:
>Peach cobbler
Fucking delicious. Haven't had any for five years and it's killing me
>Fried green tomatoes
Pretty good too.
>lots of chicked and BBQ varieties

Sorry, my memory is spotty. Haven't been for a while.
>>
>>61774773
Jefferson County.

You visit Cullman? It's supposed to have this huge German population.
>>
>>61774773
yes but germanfag did you HAVE THE BEER BISCUTS
>>
>>61774773
The first Alabamafag took my gosh darn name.
I have lived in Mobile my whole life, and haven't exactly left the states. What's the biggest difference between America, Alabama specifically, and Europe?
>>
>>61774850
we passed through there once or twice, but I don't recall much.

>>61775334
Alabama is FAR more religious and conservative that Europe, Germany specifically.

I'm not saying this like it's a bad thing, it was just unusual for me. Some issues like gay marriage and abortion are not really controversial over here, definitely so in AL though.

>>61775066
Sorry, I was below 21 at the time :( I was allowed to have a few beers during my last week though (but don't tell hun)
>>
>>61775617
I'm honestly very happy to be having this conversation! I've only been to Canada and Mexico. You can probably tell by how I type that I make sure to be literate, as the Alabamian stereotype is that we can't read or right.

I know Alabama and Germany are supposed to have very good relations, but I don't have much confirmation of this. What is your opinion of the relations, if there are any?
Adding onto the Sweet Home Alabama thing, I am baffled that it is known outside of the States!
>>
>>61775752
And of course it's 'right.' Of all things.
>>
how the fuck is this thread still going
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.