[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do Finns think about this? http://www.express.co.uk/ne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 638x479
What do Finns think about this?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/624756/Finland-basic-income-plans-benefits-welfare
>>
Eh. Leeching becomes easier because there's a lot less bureocracy involved, but professional bums can't milk the system like before.

+-0
>>
>>61614437
So this would affect neets a lot then?
>>
>>61614648
Not really. Legit neets live with their parents/in cheap suicideflats and get very minimal benefits. In the most cases their income would remain more or less the same. I guess the biggest change would be that neets would no longer have to hide their unofficial incomes.
>>
>>61614648

There sure is a lot of asspain from that direction whenever this is discussed, so I quess so.
>>
File: johnwayne[1].jpg (48 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
johnwayne[1].jpg
48 KB, 618x412
"I believe in welfare—a welfare work program. I don't think a fella should be
able to sit on his backside and receive welfare. I'd like to know why well-educated idiots
keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a
living."

-Khan Wayne, first khaganate of Finland
>>
>>61614739
>>61614751

This will be interesting when it comes out

And are any of you neets?
>>
>>61614775
"Im an idiot"

-- american
>>
>>61614840

nah I'm a work_man
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if the government in all their neoliberal, corporate-pleasing wisdom decided to abolish all welfare programs and call it the next Great Productivity Leap Forward.

Basic income will never happen.
>>
File: rtapZobJIGE[1].jpg (81 KB, 604x507) Image search: [Google]
rtapZobJIGE[1].jpg
81 KB, 604x507
>>61614855
>>
Not Finnish but I admire Finns a lot for their great hockey skills. As a liberal/libertarian I am in favor of a basic income as an alternative to all those needless welfare programs that each country seems to cling to. It can only help the Finnish people.
>>
Anything to make life bit easier for uni kids and more difficult for useless human trash a.k.a NEETs.
Now if only current government idiots would realize getting out of this shit is not done by cutting expenses.
People are unemployed? Focus on them getting a job, make selfemployment easier, make it worthwhile for small entrepreneurs to hire folks. Cut down taxes for small wage people, living is already expensive enough here and if it means cuts to something focus it on currently useless shit like Guggenheim museum bullshit.
Big businesses are the last thing to count on when it comes employing people imo.
>oh we in Goldberg company cant hire more people its simply too expensive
Here have couple of million of subsidies
>we'll get to it
Time goes by and then they've kicked out some workers and hired some cheap contract workers to replace.
>>
>>61615421
This, whith the hockey thing as well.

Basic income is a good idea.
>>
>>61614379
I hope they don't introduce it. I wouldn't be able to live comfortably with my neetbux anymore.
>>
>be the only EU country in recession
>"hey, why don't we give everyone some free money?"
>>
>>61618489
pretty sure this would actually save money
>>
>>61618608
Well duh, the point of actually doing basic income is that it gives an excuse to cut welfare payments across the board.
>>
>>61618489
NEETs already get 1k+ money a month.
>>
>>61618489
We are not in recession anymore
>>
>>61614379
>>61618941
Wtf, does this apply to EU immigrants too? Pls say yes, I want free monies

Although, if I were to move to Finland, do you require me to learn your meme speak, or can I get by with English only? I mean, Hungarian is kinda a meme language on its own.
>>
File: 1462902669741.jpg (19 KB, 381x355) Image search: [Google]
1462902669741.jpg
19 KB, 381x355
>government gives 210€ for rent to anyone under 30
>you need to have a "job" to receive it
>students and NEET don't get shit
>tfw 25 and living with parents looking at at least a couple more years of studying/pre-job NEETdom
>no dignified part-time jobs to be seen (ie not annoying random people on the street or trying to sell insurances to old people on the phone)
>>
>>61619558
We expect you to actually work for a living, if you're not a refugee. We kick out immigrants who aren't able to get jobs in a reasonable timeframe.
>>
File: dorothy.gif (18 KB, 300x310) Image search: [Google]
dorothy.gif
18 KB, 300x310
>>61619670
>no dignified part-time jobs

A whore has more dignity than you, my friend.
>>
>>61619757
blergh. I guess I should check out Sweden then

>>61619817
>A whore has more dignity than you, my friend.
Are you being ironic, what with 5 out of 10 czech people being literal whores?
>>
>>61619670
>no dignified part-time jobs
kys
>>
>>61618941
...Miten saat noin paljon?
>>
>>61619879
>>61619817
>I would rather scam people for a living than live with my parents. btw let me tell you about dignity.
>>
>>61619973
Are you trying to tell me you can't get a part time job as a mall guard or newspaper delivery or something?
>>
>>61619973
>I'm unemployed because I think someone is just going to hand me my dream job on a silver platter
literally grow up, no part time job is """"dignified"""". you're the reason your country's economy is in the toilet
>>
>>61619670
>muh dignity
>>
>>61619454
We're not?? When this happened
>>
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13 KB, 480x238
>>61620025
Telemarketer/door to door salesman/"pickup" (stopping people on the street to sell them shit, VERY annoying people) are very literally over 90% of the part-time offers with no particular qualification. Even scumbags don't last very long in those jobs too. Every productive part time job is scarce as fugg. I still try it, but it feels like playing the lottery.
>>61620100
I am working hard m8. Harder than most people with full time jobs, but the monetary rewards are still a few years away. That's precisely why I can't afford to get a full time job (which would be significantly easier).
>>
As long as they dismantle the ridiculous bureaucracy that the earlier benefit system has created.

It's been a habit of the Finnish government to build on the previous systems without properly getting rid of the old system. It has resulted in an inflated system with 0 efficiency and people holding on to useless jobs.
>>
>>61620774
>the monetary rewards are still a few years away.

Grad student? I know this feel... except I can get better part time job if I needed to.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.