[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw America is always Euros last choice when studying/going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: 1461693430995.png (276 KB, 486x576) Image search: [Google]
1461693430995.png
276 KB, 486x576
>tfw America is always Euros last choice when studying/going abroad
>it's always "I want to study in the UK, and if not there then maybe Canada or Australia!"

feels bad ;-;
>>
maybe if your unis didn't cost even more than the british ones, people would go there without saving up money since they day they were born.
>>
>what are tuition fees
>>
>>61471035
That's because good U.S. schools are hard as fuck to get into
>>
>>61471035
>Euros are too stupid to study in America

Here, we send our best. Aside from generic shithole american universities, the internationally known ones have higher standards than elsewhere.
>>
>>61471088
lol you can enroll in any school you want in the US - you just have to pay. now getting a scholarship is hard.
>>
>>61471035
>Studying in Canada

seriously have no idea why you do this. we have 2 good universities that need like a 2100 SAT to get into, or an A-.

I got in skipping everyday in school and barely doing more than five hours a week in class.
>>
Good job ignoring that american university policy towards foreigners is literally geared towards robbing the most gifted students and filling every other vacant slot with millionaires kids.

Also helps that after studying a white europeans are still the least likeliest to get a green card.

So fuck you, enjoy your chinese and indians.
>>
>>61471137
because millennials love Canada.
>>
>>61471136
>unironically believing this

See you at Stanford m8
>>
>>61471215
>enjoy your Chinese and Indians

It's literally the richest of them coming here and getting educated and becoming doctors and engineering here, on top of that they're generally harder workers than everyone else

Chinese fobs are a bit annoying but other than that I'm all for them coming, this is the best kind of immigration
>>
>>61471035
Why would Euro's want to go to america? This place is boring as fuck
>>
>>61471136
That's completely incorrect Boris.
>>
>>61471280
if America is "boring as fuck" then what is Canada
>>
File: LFIpwcY.png (23 KB, 642x716) Image search: [Google]
LFIpwcY.png
23 KB, 642x716
>>61471215
>Also helps that after studying a white europeans are still the least likeliest to get a green card.

This shit will always infuriate me. Our government makes it hell for westerners to immigrate but lets third worlders flood in
>>
>>61471088
desu they favour foreigners, sis could have enrollee anywhere but harvard but chose to stay in yurop (she did go to commiefornia for a while though)
>>
File: 1466987643741.jpg (751 KB, 1265x1920) Image search: [Google]
1466987643741.jpg
751 KB, 1265x1920
>>61471035
Europeans study abroad in European countries, most often the UK. Nobody wants to pay six niggatillion dollars for a bachelors degree.
>>
>>61471435
Why do so many Finns leave Finland? Is it really that bad? I know a few Finns and all of them left Finland to study and settle somewhere else. We had this Finnish girl in highschool, Nina, who was here for a year and now she's studying law in England/Wales.
>>
>>61471330
>Our government makes it hell for westerners to immigrate but lets third worlders flood in
This meme is bullshit.
Third worlders get green cards more often than Europeans because they dedicate their lives to leaving their own shithole countries and will do whatever it takes to make it happen. The average yuropoor isn't motivated enough to get a green card when they have gibsmedats from the government and go on strike whenever they have to work more than 30 hours a week.
>>
>>61471322
>>
>>61471235
>>61471288
so you have to take admission tests and then still pay the massive amount they want for students without scholarship?
>>
Going to US is impossible if you are not from rich family. Meanhwile you can study and live in denmark as student with 0 parental help+you don't get shot
>>
>>61471535
Our big unis are quite good but normies want to be international I guess.
>>
>>61471651
If you're a foreign student, then 9 timeout of 10 you'll already have received a grant unless you're rich
>>
>>61471560
>T.pajeet
Also 70% green cards are the result of family sponsors and why would I want people from shitty regions of the world to come to my country and make it shit? Even the "cream of the crop" still bring baggage.
>>
>>61472214
ofc you will have. why study in the US and pay a shitton and not study in the EU and pay 0 or around 1000 euro per year?
>>
>>61471651
I mean, if you don't get a scholarship, yeah

I don't pay a penny and I'm going for my second degree, both completely free

Scholarships aren't as hard to get as you probably think
>>
>>61472259
Because we have the best schools on the planet bar none and if you can afford a better education why not do that

That being said if you don't get accepted into any of our top schools just stay home
>>
>>61472259
Because U.S. Degrees are highly valued? A degree in business from Warton is a pretty big deal.
>>
>>61472251
Why do white people think so highly of themselves in this country? You're literally worthless, stupid, and only good for menial work. Non-whites are the only reason this country isn't Mississippi and people like you are paid well for low-skill jobs.

Source: I live in Silicon Valley
>>
>>61472349
never said they are hard to get. what i thought was that you can enroll in any university in the US which isnt a community funded by paying the normal fee - which is like $20-60k per year

>>61472417
>>61472408
no doubt. out of the top 10 universities in the world like 8 of them of something are from the US. but you need either a scholarship or fat cash to study there. and in the EU most of the western universities are either free or the scholarships are a lot easier to get and you pay like 1000 euro at most per year
>>
>>61472432
>I live in Silicon Valley
Almost every single company worth a shit in that town was founded by whites and is run by them. Bringing in indians via H1-b visas only serves to make your work less valuable and allows you to be more easily replaced. Also if your country of origin is so great, why don't you move back?
>>
That actually depends, some countries have better courses than others.

I see exchange students here, mostly study biochemistry of any other area involving plants.
>>
>>61472417
I'd argue that getting your professional or doctorate in the US would be more valuable, as Professional degrees hardly ever give out aid and PhD. Programs are often fully funded and people really only care about the last degree you were granted.
>>61472692
>you can enroll in any university in the US which isnt a community funded by paying the normal fee - which is like $20-60k per year

This is practically true of most public universities due to how low the standards of admission are.
>>
>>61471082
They're costs imposed by the university on students to cover the costs of learning, in terms of lecturers' salaries and the universities' running costs and resources. Hope that helped.
>>
>>61471035
Maybe if your decent unis set up exchange programs with our unis you'd see more exchange students. I had the choice of London, Edinburgh, Sidney and Oklahoma. Guess why I didn't go to the US? Btw I actually chose France because muh third language qualifications.
>>
>>61472692
sure, which is why I said if you don't get accepted into any of our best schools (and there are many top tier schools) staying home is your best bet

that being said if you're international and get accepted into somewhere ivy league or like stanford or berkeley there's a good chance you won't be paying for it, at least I think

>>61472432
you don't seem to realize that everybody above you is white, and that indians are the ones doing the labor for them

almost all of the major companies out of silicon valley (I say almost, it might be all) were founded by whites
>>
>>61472696
>>61473653
Jews are considered white now?
>>
>>61473710
Yes? I'm white as fuck and can convert to judaism, boom I'm a jew

Sergey Brin is Jewish, but lol Larry Page, lol Bill Gates, lol Steve Jobs, lol Elon Musk, lol Jeff Bezos, lol all of the fucking seed accelerators founded by whites, fuck dude, and yeah I get not all of these are based in SV but the point remains. But hey, east bay! Indian restaurants! Best Indian food in the US! Thanks Pajeet!

Indian and Chinese culture raises you to be skilled laborers. Not innovators, not world changers, laborers. Just pawns in these endeavors, nothing more than tools

Don't think so highly of yourself
>>
>>61471035
American colleges are obscenely expensive.
>>
>>61473653

Neither Stanford or Berkeley are ivy league (Stanford is great anyways but fuck Berkeley).
>>
File: 1463553703114.png (314 KB, 393x920) Image search: [Google]
1463553703114.png
314 KB, 393x920
>>61471035

Well, it's mainly because to study in America you have to pay absurd fees that you wouldn't have to in any other part of the world.

Like, here paying more than 2k for an entire year of university is already getting into "absurd-tier" expensive, but for America that wouldn't even cover the first week.

Also there's the fact that most people studying abroad do so because they want to experience some extravagant other country that's different from theirs, while still being easy to live into.

And while America delivers on the latter, it's just not interesting enough, because movies, books, music, and everything, are already American, so the prospect of living there just feels like "I'm moving to a country that's exactly like mine, but without everything that makes it unique"
>>
>>61475054
>ivy league OR

I know they aren't ivy league, I separated them

That being said Stanford and UCB are better than most ivy league schools bar like, harvard yale and princeton

but fucking brown? lmao
>>
>>61471278
>becoming doctors and engineering here
Most of the international student I've met have no intention of staying in the US. It's no wonder they get charged non-residential rates.
>>
>>61473373

hey get fucked
>>
Probably because media is already so infested with american products they don't feel the need to go when they want to experience some new culture.

America is just boring these days
>>
File: taco.gif (2 MB, 380x292) Image search: [Google]
taco.gif
2 MB, 380x292
>>61475505
>2k for a whole year of uni
>>
>>61471035
I'd study in the U.S., Americanon :3

>>61476034
Non-EU expats pay 10x that, it's like in-state for you.
>>
>>61476034
Keep in mind apartments and the like are usually left up to the student to pay. From what I understand, most Euro Uni's don't have their own dormitories.
>>
>>61471035
I figure studying in the US must be a massive pain in the ass, what with the demand to have a car no matter where you are. The people who "study abroad" are often poor as fuck.
>>
>>61476287
Unis have a campus, colleges do not (in NL)
But ye 2k is excluding room costs, which are about 300-600/month depending on where you are.
>>
>>61476367

There's no reason to leave a lot of the more high-end campuses because they're almost like their own little fenced off towns.
>>
>>61476367
The American family I visited lived in a neighbourhood that didn't even have sidewalks. Is this common?
>>
>>61477905
In older neighborhoods yeah
>>
>>61477905
uhhh no not really

no sidewalks at all? that's kinda weird
>>
>>61478567
>>61478622
county west of Chicago
>>
>>61477905
In suburbs and certain rural areas, yes. Usually places built for middle class whites right after WWII.
>>
>>61471136
Correct
>>
>>61471035
There's a shitload of rich chinese and koreans at my university. Even out here in the midwest.
>>
>>61476367
The people who study abroad are far from being poor
>>
lol not in Chicago homie.

There are loads of qt Scandinavian exchange students here, met and fucked a few on tinder. Currently dating one now, but shes home in Stvanger right now
>>
>>61472692
wait a minute i just realized this

you said

>never said they are hard to get.

but then >>61471136

>now getting a scholarship is hard.
>>
Why would anyone wants to go to Jesusland?
Africa tier 2bh
>>
File: 1467188976180.jpg (35 KB, 373x373) Image search: [Google]
1467188976180.jpg
35 KB, 373x373
>>61471560
>"We need slaves, not people"
>>
>>61471278
Thats because youre the only Western country whose universities have money as priority.
Chinks want to study here too but they cant because they keep failing the tests.
American universities will mostly take everyone if they can pay for the classes.

Hope you enjoy praying to your cow with 5 dicks in the future.
>>
>>61471035
Expensive universities with lower standards and prestige than british ones.
Shit culture.
Xenophobia.
Shit climate.
High cost of living.
Hard to get visas.
>>
>>61471278

>>Implying that having the money to get in and working hard are synonymous.
>>
>>61476034
yeah but you still have to pays for food and housing even if you get some money for that it doesn't cover all cost.
>>
>>61471035
Who the fuck would study in Canada if they had the choice of abroad?
>>
>>61485251
They still have to pass the classes dude. It's not like they just bullshit their way through it at any half decent university.
>>
>>61485561
A friend of mind went to study in Quebec (I mean as regular student not for an exchange) because they have special agreement that make tuition affordable.
But that's not really common because overall there isn't much point to study abroad if you aren't both super rich and retarded.
>>
>>61485128
Western immigration policy in a nutshell
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.