[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There's a set of criteria that a British parliamentary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: L7O41SAm.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
L7O41SAm.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>There's a set of criteria that a British parliamentary party needs to meet in order to be the official opposition.

>Thanks to the rebellion in Labour, they no longer meet that criteria (not enough Shadow Ministers). The SNP does.

>The SNP are now trying to get accepted as the official opposition.

Are you ready for the English Party vs the Scottish Party, /int/?
>>
>>61447221
UK without Scotland is going to be a one-party state eternally ruled by Tories.

Good luck, England!
>>
A disunited kingdom, who would want such a thing
>>
>>61447373
>gypsy thinks this is a bad thing
>>
>>61447478
>right-wing Irishman
lol
>>
File: 2015UKElectionMap.svg.png (461 KB, 1020x996) Image search: [Google]
2015UKElectionMap.svg.png
461 KB, 1020x996
>>61447373

It'll be the same north of the border as well.
>>
>>61447221
>the tories
>english party
Hardly m8

They are the second largest party in Scotland. Made significant gains at the last election and prevented the SNP from achieving a majority.

The SNP themselves are also fiscally conservative in the Scottish parliament despite all le ebin lefty populist contrarianism in Westminster.
>>
>>61447607
>one issue party will still exist after independence
Good meme.
>>
>>61447629
>The SNP themselves are also fiscally conservative in the Scottish parliament despite all le ebin lefty populist contrarianism in Westminster.
Come to think of Sinn Fein is the same way.
>>
>>61447693
What will happen to Nigel Farage anyway?
>>
I have no idea how the Scottish keep voting SNP. They just keep failing and everyone believes it's "Westminster" that makes them fail.

Labour will be the official opposition though. It's looking like Corbyn doesn't have enough MPs supporting him to even enter the leadership contest at this point. So it's not going to be long enough for the SNP to be declared the opposition, I think.
>>
>>61447755
40 MPs isn't enough?
>>
>>61447788
I'm not sure. They went over it today on R4 on the way home. I think the number is 38, but during the vote of no confidence there were a number of abstentions so it's possible he will make it. I do think though if someone like Angela Eagle who is the one currently being favoured by most has large support a number of those 40 who did support him won't bother for the contest.

The number is at least 38 but I think it could be higher. But even using 38 as the lowest I think it'll be tough.
>>
>>61447221
>There's a set of criteria that a British parliamentary party needs to meet in order to be the official opposition.
Source?
>>
>>61447755

I thought he would automatically be on the ballot as the standing leader?
>>
>>61447976
He's not after a vote of no confidence. And this article seems to think the number is 50 which is what I was thinking more towards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36654418
>>
>>61448028

I don't think the vote of no confidence has any actual force in the Labour party. It does in the Conservatives, but Labour's rules are different.
>>
>>61447694
Its funny because leftists in Scotland hate the SNP with a burning passion.

>cut shitloads from public spending
>frozen council tax since 2007
>2007 minority gov passed their budgets with tory support
>won last election on promise of no tax increases at any level
>openly stated preference for australian style immigration system

Meanwhile leftists in England have a hardon for them because their Westminster contingent does nothing but contradict the tories in an effort to portray themselves as "the real opposition".

They're even nicknamed the Tartan Tories up here lmao.
>>
Can't wait until Labour totally collapses, Lib Dems pick up a little bit of steam as the cosmopolitan pro-EU party but they keep getting fucked over by first past the post along with UKIP, and SNP expands south of the border into the depressed bydlo shithole "Labour strongholds" that voted Leave
>>
>>61447743
He'll become an irrelevance after the EU exit process is over
>>
>>61448078
It does still definitely have a use, but it's a bit odd. The no confidence vote is basically the horn for the leadership contest. If it's possible for you, it's Radio 4's PM that went over it. Definitely worth a listen to try and get your head around it, you can skip the rest of the program though.
>>
>>61448078
In fact here's a link.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-confidence-vote-coup-8299838
The no confidence vote is basically to say "You should leave". But he won't. So now they're getting support for a leadership challenge.
>>
>>61448347
I read that betting markets have him winning still.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.