[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FIXIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: c-tuJLPr.jpg (12 KB, 400x245) Image search: [Google]
c-tuJLPr.jpg
12 KB, 400x245
PETITION FOR FINNS TO HAVE A CHOICE IN LEAVING THE EU

https://www.kansalaisaloite.fi/fi/aloite/2058
>>
Jea boiiiii
>>
>>61372962
https://youtu.be/C6eM8eRvnCg
>>
What would the benefits be in Finland leaving the EU?
>>
>>61372962

Fuck off we love the EU and especially the Euro. We had so many fucking recessions and shit before based EU. Stop trying to make us into a Moldova.
>>
>>61373062
Euro is what destroyed our growth prospects after 2008 shitstorm though :--D EU also niggered our trade with Russia :DD
>>
>Finland thinks it can survive without EU
It's a shitty pipe dream, Pekka.
>>
>>61373018
Freedom from undemocratic faggot union which disregards the opinion and unique problems faced by smaller countries. I'd rather be poorer and have a say in things rather than be slightly richer but have no say in things.
>>
>>61373118

New2lifebabby detected. Our economy was a fucking horror show until we joined the EU.
The 2008 recession and the recent Russia trade issue were comfortable as fuck in comparison.
>>
>>61373152

>what is the time between the big bang and 1995?
>>
>>61373161
I also have no interest in serving the future EU army. I swore my oath to protect Finland, not Bulgaria or Romania or Germany or France. Fuck that shit. I'll go to jail rather than die for some faceless bureaucrat
>>
Enjoy being russian vassal state again then.

And remember - russia doesnt give a tenth of the fuck about you as eu does.
>>
>>61373062
hello greek on proxy
its time to pay denbts
>>
God bless just signed.
>>
>>61373118
the trade with russia has nothing to do with the EU, it has to do with what always was the problem with russia - if you look weak to them they start doing shit.
>>
File: kürt'd.png (38 KB, 338x322) Image search: [Google]
kürt'd.png
38 KB, 338x322
>>61373201
>EU
>giving a fuck qbout small nations
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142 KB, 2197x1463
FIXIT?
>>
>>61373223
EU sanctions fucked up exports over the eastern border
>>
>>61373256
For a good reason

Russia needs to get fucked desu
>>
>>61373256
Russia invading a sovereign European nation fucked up exports over the eastern boarder.
We would be much better off if there was an ocean instead of Russia. Literally worst neighbour anyone could ask for.
>>
>>61373256
and why do you think the sanctions were?
>>
>>61373308
>haha lol like yeah we know they are a pretty significant trade partner but who cares about your opinion LOL! I'm fucking Juncker I'll fuck your ass with my non-elected cock and then claim you're the sick man of Europe XDDDD
>>
>>61373353
you dont trade with someone who can attack you, and fucks with your sphere of influence just as you are about to get them in it
>>
File: 1318436570517.jpg (556 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1318436570517.jpg
556 KB, 1600x900
>mfw if we left the EU we could be the import/export middleman between Russia and EU, cutting our slice from each stransaction
>>
>>61373205
>implying Greece benefits from the Eurojew Union
>>
>>61373256
Decades of constructive diplomatic relations. Now ruined because the EU couldn't bear to see Russia take back clay that used to be part of Russia, and is inhabited by Russian speaking Russians that voted to become part of Russia.

Fuck the EU to be honest lads. Not destroying Germany when the world had the chance was a mistake.
>>
>>61373416
you know that if you do that the EU will cut you off with russia, right? youll be stuck with their insufficient produce and actually experience bread lines
>>
>>61373256
You can trade with them when they annex you Ruski enabler.
>>
>>61373438
Yeah. The Russia question is a great case study for how EU litwrally gives no shita about its outlying smaller nations. What Germany or some Luxembourgian happy merchant says, goes. With no consideration for the opinions of the affected.
>>
>>61373463

Are you saying all countries trading with Russia are under an EU embargo?
>>
>>61373353
Cuck

As a Finn you should see the value in showing russia who's boss.

>>61373438
>ruskie apologist
Kill yourself Lars
>>
there's literally nothing wrong about cutting off yourself and paddling your nations over to the western atlantic seaboard and having the three big boys in town consider letting you join nafta
>>
>>61373438
Putin relies on taking clay to stay popular, you think he will stop there?
This kind of mentality allowed Hitler to destroy most of Europe in the last world war.
You can't give these kind of people an inch or they will take a mile.
>>
>>61373353
This holy shit.
>>
>>61373500
>I don't understand how sanctions work
Ok.

If we start making exceptions then what's the fucking point? Just let russia rampage wherever they want and shout loud words at them as reprisal. That'll teach them, right?

Sanctions are necessary and you should understand that.
>>
>>61373353
>DUDE YOU CAN INVADE ALL YOU WANT AS LONG AS WE CAN KEEP SELLING YOU OUR CANNED SPRATS LMAO
>>
>>61373506
the ones that are trying to circumvent the embargo are, arent they?
>>
>>61373577
Sure but the point always was that te EU gives no shit about us, so why stay in the Union? Do you honestly think a Luxembourgian banker knows what's best for Finns?
>>
>>61372962
didn't even realize they were in
>>
>>61373675

We wouldn't be circumventing anything if we weren't part of the team sanctions-pro :^)
>>
>>61373577
>how sanctions work
Do they? They've managed to scrape together enough rubles to wage a war, and is in the process of becoming independent of the EU as a trading partner.

If you're so bed-wettingly scared of the big red bear, the plan should have been to make Russia dependant on the EU, give them something to lose from being aggressive.
>>
>>61373510
>Cuck
Finns showed Russia who's boss 100 years ago. The only people getting cucked by sanctions with Russia is Finland.
>>
should just call it "finnished"
>>
>>61373713
>buy EU shit and resell to Russia
>not trying to circumvent the imbargo
yeah the communist try that shit every time they come to power here. everything from europe stops withing 2 weeks of them winning the elections. that shit dont fly with the EU
>>
>>61373689
You have a point, however, leaving the union because of that is too drastic. We need to stick together here, isolationism is not the answer or something that will be productive for the future.

>>61373721
Not really, did you not notice how much russia suffered because of sanctions? It has a very significant effect, looseing sanctions would be a huge mistake.

>>61373733
Blatantly untrue if you check any sources whatssoever. EU is an important trading partner for russia - sanctions hurt them grievously.
>>
>>61373721
you havent checked the ruble recently have you?
russia is north korea- like. if youre a totalitarian dictatorship you can always get enough money to field some army - and keep in mind they are doing shit in ukraine - who arent exactly praised for their army, and they are dropping their old illegal weapons in syria.
>>
>>61373577
>If we start making exceptions
EU is a goddamn union of exceptions and compromises you dumb retard. If it wasn't you'd be in the eurozone.
>>
English or spainsh?
>>
>>61373761

We did that all the way through the cold war and nobody gave a fuck.

Besides, we can just repackage shit and call our own production whichever way that shit is actually going.
>>
>>61373796
>hurr leaving a union that doesn't give a fuck about you and in which you have no say anyway is too drastic!

back2the cuckshed
>>
>>61373796
If the sanctions keep up they'll just go elsewhere for trade. Is there even an end goal to the sanctions?

>The alternative to an undemocratic European federation is isolationism.
Did you even read the post? He want's to resume trade with Russia, that's not isolationism.
>>
>>61373833
we did that shit in the cold war as well, and nobody gave a shit. you think we were rich? you think you were rich?
>>
>>61373811
In this case I hope you understand that this is how sanctions work. You can't have exceptions because then all kinds of countries will want to be excepted, and then the sanctions lose a ton of their bite. You must be resolute when facing bullies such as russia, and not yield an inch.
>>
>people unironically think russia will invade finland
Jesus, I didn't think media could brainwash people this well
>>
>>61373917
Anything to justify the EU m8
>>
>>61373882
Yup. That's what EU is. Some Central European gets angry over petty shit and fucks everyone over because can't have differing opinions in the EU!
>>
>>61373917
what makes you think they wont really? i know at least 3 countries that got fucked because of russia after 1990
moldova, georgia, ukraine.
literally they fucked shit up there to keep their sphere of influence and install communistic satellite states. all those countries had a sizeable russian minority and all those countries werent in NATO.
>>
>>61373880

Making some money is better than not making any.

Besides, if the rest of the EU keeps the hard line with the sanctions there wouldn't be much competition meaning that we can set the prices within reason.
>>
>>61374015
guess what finland doesn't have? sizable russian minority
>>
File: finbggdp.png (64 KB, 1573x872) Image search: [Google]
finbggdp.png
64 KB, 1573x872
>>61374038
notice something in common between our countries who so joyously traded with both sides and were not in the EU at that point?
>>
>>61373877
>doesn't give a fuck about you
>you have no say
Blatantly false, stop making shit up.

>>61373879
>If the sanctions keep up they'll just go elsewhere for trade
If only it was that easy huh? As it happens, the EU is rich, developed, and geographically convenient. Russians can't easily just replace the EU as a trading partner.

>He want's to resume trade with Russia, that's not isolationism.
The thread is about finland leaving the eu if you noticed

>>61373917
If they thought there would be no consequences, Russia would invade Finland tomorrow.

Don't doubt this for a second. It's in their imperialist blood. They have always been like that, if you care to read history. Ukraine proves they didn't chance a bit.

>>61373960
>invading a sovereign state bordering the eu illegally
>petty shit
no
>>
>>61373577
>If we start making exceptions then what's the fucking point? Just let russia rampage wherever they want and shout loud words at them as reprisal.

Not Finland's problem. Crimeans have a right to self determination, and even if Putin did annex them unfairly it still wouldn't be Finland's problem.

The fact that entire countries just roll over when the EU fucks up their trade is everything that's wrong with the European mindset.
>>
>>61374083
finnish economy back then was crippled by war reparations which led to too tight a monetary policy
>>
>>61374061
trust me, where Russia has a minority is directly dictated by the government
>>
Why can't finns into economy?
>>
>>61374145
and we werent?
>>
>>61374123
please do provide an example of EU respecting Finnish opinion, caring for the well being of a normal Finn or an instance in which Finland used its political say in the EU to böock unfavourable shit from passing
>>
>>61374145

crippled? the war reparations bretty much boosted the economy and gave rise to the industrial infrastructure that is slowly dismantled today
>>
File: terve apina.png (28 KB, 577x328) Image search: [Google]
terve apina.png
28 KB, 577x328
>>61374083

>mfw my birth dropped our GDP more than the 2008 denpts boogaloo
>>
>>61374123
>Russians can't easily just replace the EU as a trading partner.
It doesn't have to be easy, they just don't have a choice.

>The thread is about finland leaving the eu if you noticed
Which is not in itself an isolationist measure. It is entirely possible to be in favour of European cooperation and trade, without being in favour of seceding the power of the state to un-elected bureaucrats in Brussels.
>>
>>61374283
Crippled as in caused high interest rates because most of the marks went to Russia instead being lended to businesses and startups
>>
>>61372962
I like this word.

Euroasian economic union seems like a better alternative for them;^)
>>
my EU jewgold payments go to infrastructural projects in eastern europe while we receive next to nothing in return

so my question is, what's in it for me? why should my tax money be used for a new romanian road?
>>
>>61374283

You have to be completely retarded to repeat Stalinist propaganda today. War reparations "boosted our economy"? Why don't we pay more then if it will boost our economy? Why doesn't everyone sign up to pay massive war reparations to boost their economies?
>>
>>61374562

You/me/Finland get(s) the migrant excess from other cunts in return :^)
>>
>>61374562
Do you actually know how much of your tax money is being spent for the EU?
>>
>>61374562
because the new romanian road makes goods travel faster and exports and imports to and from finland benefit from it. youre asking - why should i care for the coal mine, i run the heat power plant - i dont care if we get the coal - the power plant is what i care for
>>
>>61374641
so my tax jewgold subsidizes central european export giants? why is that fair? finland does not export to or import from balkans anyway
>>
>>61372962
Only those who wish to suck more of russian cock support this. Just a reminder
>>
>>61374562
Because Romanians will stop coming to Finland if they have a decent country.
>>
>>61374712
how about turkey? the middle east?
>>
>>61374731
Jyrki vai Alex sielä postailee?
>>
>>61374744
No. They stop coming here when we grow balls and keep subhumans out
>>
>>61374757
Käteisellä ois varmaa Saksna/Ranskan/Belgian lippu riippuen missä EU:n byrokratiapesäkkeessä se milläkin hetkellä jutkuilee
>>
>>61374793
>hurr durr muh country is the best in the world and its my culture that others are trying to come here and steal
>people will come to steal our snow even if they got paid more to do something elsewhere
tell me again what is finland famous for?
>>
>>61373256

Yeah, and?

Rather that than going back to the days of groveling at the feet of USSR.
>>
>>61374744
Thx for the kek
>>61374562
On our roads there are thousands of trucks which deliver goods for you from western and central europe.

It should make you think
>>
>>61374756
finland's goods go to germany and sweden mostly (russia used to be top 3 but jyncker chimped out) if it goes to europe from where it continues under german brand or as a new product entirely(finland makes engines for ships for example)
>>
>>61373416

...Because Saint Petersburg is Finnish, right?
>>
>>61374843
Subhuman got mad. Romanian and Bulgarian governments should take responsibility of their citizens. And they are not legally here if they dont have money or job. And no, begging and robbing are not jobs.
>>
>>61374793
That will never happen. Poverty and subhumans is beneficial to you "superhumans". If there weren't poor people nobody would do shitty jobs, there would be no prostitutes, there would be no people selling their organs etc. You need subhumans otherwise you will end up like japan, you will start killing yourselves even more and have even higher population decline.
>>
File: 1466906284399.png (3 MB, 640x5864) Image search: [Google]
1466906284399.png
3 MB, 640x5864
Brexit will be bad they said.
>>
>>61372962
You were in?

Oh.

Good luck then

You sure you wanna lose close allies when you have issues with Russia though?
>>
>>61374897
it makes sense then. maybe you in particular dont benefit from that infrastructure but all of the middle of europe does. theres a lot of trade going from turkey and those roads stimulate it. just because 1 nation doesnt benefit directly from it, it doesnt mean its a bad idea. also you can take it as your money doesnt go there - it goes into the other projects the EU does, and the money of the countries that benefit from it go there. and romania and bulgaria hardly take more than what they put in. yes its more that we get in terms of money paid as membership fee and money invested in projects, but the numbers are small compared to other nations and the investments there are valuable and cheap compared to doing the same in germany. and the EU in its entirety benefits from it because it increases the GDP and in turn the membership fee of bulgaria and romania.
maybe the EU is a bit overinvesting in Poland but thats a power play - they are using poland as a countermeasure to Russia. culturally and militarily.
>>
File: 122353.jpg (21 KB, 898x701) Image search: [Google]
122353.jpg
21 KB, 898x701
>>61372962
It won't ever leave.
>>
>>61374887
so I'm paying for the EU so that I get to subsidize polish well-being? again, how is that fair? there's a lot of things wrong currently in finland yet the money that could be used to fix them goes to polish road projects. allow me to kek
>>
>>61375051

Hyi vittujen vittu!

I'd rather have us purposefully piss off every country with nukes to the max and be done with it.
>>
>>61375094

you forget the huge fucking bridge they built in spain with eu-money and now are charging toll fees to cross it
>>
>>61375094
what can i do? invest in those cheap countries who pretty much are ready to grovel at your feet for doing so and getting money back from the cheap investment, or invest in regions where everything is expensive and the money spent there will yield a smaller profit. hmmmmm
>>
>>61375050
finland has been net contributor for basically the whole time it's been in the union while abiding to every directive and assfuckery from which others get a free get-out-of-jail card, wouldn't you think it's a high time for us to get some eu jewgolds as compensation?
>>
>>61374562
>>61374626
Just to give an example the stats for Austria:

total government spending in 2015 ~174b

EU net contribution ~1,1b

foreign aid budget ~1,2b

To make it clear:
We give more money to niggers and shitskins than what the EU costs us and I'd guess its probably the same for Finland.
>>
>>61375156
yeah, the corruption and inefficiency related are one of the things that also make me doubt the benefits of eu for finland
>>
>>61375094
Well EU is like a single country. So you are kinda paying for the well being of your country.
Or you maybe think that every rich country and individual should keep all the money to themselves and have everything else rot?
>>
>>61375283
Valid point
Especially since coming from a non EU country.
>>
>>61375193
noone but britain had get out of jail cards, and the money invested in other countries directly increases your benefit from trading with europe and your money in turn. every nation, union, pricipality, province, town - anything more than a single person - is in a relationship with others where one is more affluent than the other. its for the affluent to invest where they will get the most money out of it. they money invested in eastern europe doesnt disappear - shit gets built - and that shit benefits the european union. its like when you go on a national level and see that the capital makes 50% of the tax revenue (in most cases its close to that) and that it receives like 20% of the benefits of that money. thats normal.
>>
is leaving the eu a meme now?
>>
>>61375283
I really have no interest in paying some gyppo fuck's roads so he can drive faster to finland in search of shit to rob
>>
>>61375283

>make some money for yourself
>somebody takes a portion and gives it to the 3rd party
>3rd party pisses it away
>profit
>>
>>61375345
well its what we talk about. pretty much the aussies have it as a meme. i dont know why but most of the brexit shitposting is from aussies.
>>
>>61375247

So instead we should not have EU and hope that without EU, the balkanized countries will stop being corrupt because of their good behavior. Genius!
>>
>>61375345
Apparently.
Sure, EU has its flaws, but hopefully people will keep it together. It's just the fact that Britain is an extremely nationalistic and isolationist country. "Splendid isolation" still seems to have
roots it seems.

>>61375195
Everyone should take this into account. Western countries tend to give far less than everyone think to the EU. It's funny, only thing Farage based his campaign on, and it's a lie http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-latest-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-350-million-pounds-eu-referendum-vote-leave-lie-a7100706.html

>>61375345
>>61375412
Aussies mostly, because MUH HABSBURGS.
Please go anschluss them Deutschfreund.
>>
>>61375326
my national tax money benefits finns, not a fucking gypsy in balkans or some corrupted fuckface project like >>61375156
>>
>>61375398
>>61375410
OK so leave the EU. Then Helsinki should secede from rest of Finland because why should they pay for the Northern Finland?Than richer parts of Helsinki should secede from poorer parts because why should they pay for them?Let's just keep seceding until every rich guy has his own country. But let's not stop there, maybe a brother should secede from his other brother because he is richer and make his room an independent country.
>>
>>61375511
your tax money benefits fins. have you thought that you dont actually contribute 100% of the EU budget and those things benefit other people in the EU? do you live in helsinki? go advocate from breaking helsinki off from the rest of finland - cuz helsinki is the richest (i assume - id be surprised if it doesnt, but the point still stands). why should your tax money go to snowniggers in the north who do nothing but hunt deer?
>>
>>61375592
lol
>>
>>61375592
It's funny because it's literally what's happening in Britain right now.
>>
>>61375592

Or the other way around, give our moniez to ayy lmaos because they're from the same galaxy.
>>
>>61375740
if we will benefit from it - sure, why not? thats the point in investing. you give your money to someone who will make something with it and then you will profit from it.
>>
>>61375636
they are finns who for the most part are folk that I trust and enjoy the company of even if they're poor as fuck northerners, i don't trust or particularly enjoy the company of gypsies

there's also the very real problem of corruption, inefficiency and a culture of not giving a fuck in the balkans

at least with the tax that goes to finnish coffers I can trust that it's used efficiently, according to laws and for the benefit of a normal finnish citizen
>>
>>61373018
They could join gloriouis mother russia
>>
>>61375788
>nation invests
>nation benefits

More like Finnish money goes indirectly to Central European companies because they lobbied for increased jewgold gibsmedats for Eastern Europe so that they'd have lowered transport costs. It's socialism for corporations.
>>
>>61375796
So you're basically a Mongol supremacist?
>>
>>61375796
and the EU stops the money every time that happens. a surprisingly low ammount of the money spent from the EU in projects in bulgaria is lost, and every time theres a sniff of it all the funds stop. and what about estonians? spanish? italians? hungarians? they should throw a tantrum every time a project is made in finland because they will probably never use the roads there? you talk about culture being so different and you trusting them and not the rest of the EU - im guessing you havent travelled much in the EU - people tend to be the same - some are assholes some are really nice.
and when we are on the subject of how efficiently the fins use the finish tax in finland - do you know how finish tax is spent? any more than you know how the EU spends the money on EU projects?
>>
>>61375901
more like someone who wants to see his money benefitting those closest to me
>>
>>61375925
very true
>>
>>61375872
right so no one should ever get money out of finland or it goes against your national interest. go close yourself like north korea and prosper.
>>
There wont even be a vote 95% of the parliament loves eu.
>>
Anyway, I'm off to work so that gypsies could someday have the first paved road in their history.
>>
>>61376038
cya then. have fun.
>>
>>61375094
Yes, because Poland is a transit country. Good INTERNATIONAL roads in Poland mean more reliable supplies for lithuanian, latvian, estonian and finnish factories. Your economy have benefits from it.
>>
>>61375925
Finnish infra hardly ever gets EU funding and when it does it's something very insignificant. For example a railroad extension was built in Helsinki and it has the EU funding mark but it was something like 5% of the total cost.
>>
>>61376183
>finnish
>factories
allow me to kek again
eu in part accelerated industrial flight from finland
>>
>>61376184
because the finish infrastructure is probably sufficient. as was said - mainly you are trading to western europe which would mean a sea route. but when western europe trades back with you they need the infrastructure in the east to be able to ship stuff back to finland. what youre saying is literally i only need the part of the street in front of my home. the rest of it doesnt matter.
>>
>>61376184
Eu is giving money for pasila station and shopping centre and Kouvola rail yard and Helsinki Tallinn tunnel.
>>
>>61376328

did you mean EU is giving money to PEAB,Lemminkäinen,SRV and other large construction firms,the jobs are done with east european bydlos with estonian or latvian supervision while said firms splooge all the profits
>>
>>61376184
Are you aware what is currently happening in England?
Do you look at UK and say "yes, this is exactly what my country needs"?
>>
>>61376436
youre complaining that the EU gives money to poor countries and then youre saying why doesnt the EU pay more to us for a job that can be done cheaply
thats literally communist thinking
>>
>>61376275

Kehärata, the extension I was talking about, cost 738 million of which 17,76 was from EU. That's 2,4 percent. Cool funding EU! It's okay for EU to pay as much as 50% for Bulgarian rail network but if it's somewhere in the north it's gotta be under 5%.
>>
We'll be waiting for you and other nordics to come and join the new glorious UK + Iceland trading bloc. Plenty of fish to go around.
>>
>>61376525
how many people does that thing connect? we dont get 50% EU funding for anything but the highway. which pretty much connects turkey with the middle of europe. like 150+milion people benefit from that.
>>
>>61374283
That's bullshit.
>>
>>61372962
>https://www.kansalaisaloite.fi/fi/aloite/2058
i signed it
>>
>>61373152
I take my chances as Russia federation
>>
>>61376581
So it's okay for us to pay for our own shit but Bulgaria should get all the cash it can get from the EU? Are you a thieving gyppo?
>>
>>61376525
Ever heard of solidarity with those less fortunate?

We are rich. So we give more to help the poorer EU states to help them catch up. Simple. We make the whole EU stronger in this way.

Even with the troubles in finland you are still x10 richer than those countries.

>>61376656
Your ancestors are rolling in their graves, Pekka.
>>
>>61376730
the EU should invest where the EU will benefit the most. right now bulgaria and romania seem to be the places where that is true. sadly for me romania seems to be a better choice than bulgaria. and again youre missing the point - the EU isnt paying for our shit - its paying for EU shit. if theres 1 thing that will benefit 100 people and another thing that will benefit 10 people - do you think the centralized spending should be equal?
>>
>>61376808
>Pekka
It's Ivan
>>
File: Haupthandelsroute_Hanse.png (130 KB, 789x603) Image search: [Google]
Haupthandelsroute_Hanse.png
130 KB, 789x603
>>61376808
My ancestors traded squirrel pelts with boat people.
>>
>>61376808
>Even with the troubles in finland you are still x10 richer than those countries.

and which is what makes me so skeptical about the whole union. When we are in trouble no one gives a fuck but god forbid if a Romanian doesn't get a new road paved with gold!
>>
>>61376808
its not helping the poor. its taking advantage of a situation. its cheaper to make shit here, and thats why shit should be made here. try setting up a factory in sweden and setting up a factory in bulgaria - even though the swedish factory will be more advanced and efficient, the cost of the bulgarian factory will be so much less that it will be cost efficient to invest in that factory and develop it (hopefully one day to swedish levels) with the european money, whhich arent a single nations money - they are the money of the union - so the union has to spend it where it will yield the greatest benefit. it building shit in poor countries didnt benefit the EU the EU would not have let them in in the first place
>>
Get your shit together Funland, do you want to get Putin'd?
>>
>>61372962
>Fix it
>>
>>61376967
not being paranoid schizo is enough for me thanks
>>
File: 5487281-44.jpg (65 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
5487281-44.jpg
65 KB, 640x360
>>61376967
Let them come.
>>
>>61376967
What does EU have to do anything with that manlet's power fantasies? If russia would start mobilizing troops and preparing to attack, no country will give us any real support besides their condolences
>>
>>61377120

that sequence is cringe inducing
>>
>>61377058
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finlandization
>>
>>61377150
cuz youre not in NATO. Being in the EU will cause a lot of outrage and poland and germany will be campaigning for an intervention. i wouldnt be surprised if they drag the EU aganst russia. if you leave the EU and youre not in NATO, literally god cant save you from the russians
>>
>>61376951
that creates industrial dlight which causes finnish QoL drop due to losses in exports and job opportunisties. Are you saying that Finland should pay for the EU so that the EU can further erode Finnish manufacturing sector?
>>
>>61377150
EU countries are presented under the name EU for international matters, therefore if they decide to attack Finland now, they will be attacking EU, but if you leave EU, they will be attacking Funland, so they might not give a fuck at all.
>>
>>61377247
I am sure that when it's Finland who gets attacked, it will suddenly be that it's Finland as a nation first and EU member second.
>>
>>61377219
no im saying you should embrace the reality. western and nordic countries make the most of their money in technology and consultation and advanced manufacturing, not growing potatoes. you can choose to make your population inefficiently grow potatoes or specialize in elite jobs while helping the less advanced part of the EU cover the mundane jobs. all benefit from it. and after equalization has been reached, then the EU expands or there is a trade deal with another benevolent nation to continue this process until equilibrium in the world has been reached.
>>
>>61377275
Stop being a mememaster. If EU dissolves and Finland leaves EU, it should only be for the joining or forming a Scandinavian Union. You are weak alone.
>>
>>61377192
Fuck nato, and it would end up being the same as it were 70 yrs ago. Neighbouring countries will condenm russia's actions, but will not interfere
>>
>>61375500
Aussies are Strayans, not those Viennese bastards, brácho.
>>
>>61377192
>THIS IS A GREAT OUTRAGE AND A REASON FOR DEEP CONCERN
t. juncker with nothing being actually done
>>
>>61377341
yes the turks didnt shoot down their plane for invading their airspace. you think they would do it if it werent for NATO?
>>
>>61377372
youre talking about brexit? well what do you expect? the EU to invade britain, a friendly (though a crybaby) nation, for a referendum which isnt legally binding, without having even invoked article 50? and even if they do - what does the EU benefit from doing anything bad to britain? literally its just the british amputating their arm because they burned their finger by sticking their hand in the fire
>>
>>61377388
Not even memeing, YES. There was no political deep thinking behind that decision, one soldier shot down a Russian plane by his own, and they tried to man up and take responsibility, instead of apologizing.
>>
wish I could be a finnish nationalist, seems like top banter
>>
>>61377454
I was talking about the hypothetical situation in which Finland gets slav'd
>>
>>61377487
dont kid yourself, without NATO behind your back you cant say shit to the russians, like no one else can do it alone. Even the americans are still in NATO - why? because the russians arent to be underestimated.
>>
>>61373018
Nothing it will only destroy our nation
EU needs reform though.
>>
>>61376656
>>61376826
>>61376871
Spot the self-hating cuck
>>
>>61377525
right, you dont want the polish to clean your toilets, you want to clean your own toilet. how could i forget. how could anyone ever want to do shit jobs, instead of having those shit jobs done by someone else and them doing actual interesting jobs?
or you meant something else?
>>
File: mongol.jpg (368 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mongol.jpg
368 KB, 1280x720
>>61377585
Hello Helsinki :D
>>
too early

we'll get our chance later, hopefully, once everyone notices Brits are doing fine in the near future
>>
>>61377609
Not him, but are you actually this fucking dense? He meant that if Russia was to invade Finland their actions would be only condemned just like last time, without anybody actually helping us.
>>
File: aryan_slavs.gif (333 KB, 709x995) Image search: [Google]
aryan_slavs.gif
333 KB, 709x995
>>61377649
Get the fuck out of Finland, Igor.
>>
>>61377689
you mean in ww2? when the us didnt care, the british were fighting the axis and the USSR and the germans werent enemies yet? when there wasnt NATO and the EU didnt exist? so youre saying the chance of that happening again is not lower by staying in the EU? i dont know if im dense or not, but i cant see how not being in the EU doesnt increase the level of response from the EU
>>
>>61377555
I am not saying we hold a chance against them. I am saying the politicans in this country are too retarded think consequences of their actions. They would shot it down, and get fucked by Russia.
>>
>>61377758
Their entire argument is based on the assumption that nobody cares what happens to Finland, don't even bother.
It's the Ylilauta school of politics and economy
>>
>>61376600
? You really should learn your history sonny boy...
>>
>>61377720
I can't the police come get me back. :D
>>
>>61377767
i respectfully disagree
>>
HOW TO MAKE EU BETTER: THE GUIDE

1. Make Commission an electable institution
2. Make Commission more transparent by forcing it to report about its activities and the lobbying it encounters publicly and disclose any conflicts of interest to the Parliament
3. Reduce the influence of Central Europeans by giving all members 1-5 MEPs
4. Give Parliament the possibility to introduce laws
5. Reduce the bureaucracy needed for a European citizen to voice his or her concerns
6. Create a way for a European citizen to suggest reforms and laws directly via a site similar to Finland's kansalaisaloite.fi
7. Ban lobbying and favours for beneficial legislation
8. Reduce the bureaucratic faggotry by placing important EU institutions only in one city.
9. There have been cases in which an Eastern European country was not punished for failing to incorporate a directive but Finland was for the same offence. Make everyone accountable for the same offences
10. Reduce the amount of legislature that reduces freedom like EU-wide gun ban that only fucks over honest citizens like hunters in Finland
>>
>>61377807
what is Ylilauta?
>>
i like finlad :----DDDDDDDDDD
dont bully them or i'll unleash the emus on your cunt
>>
>>61377885
http://ylilauta.org/satunnainen/
>>
>>61377918
ah... makes sense
>>
>>61377851
Hunters are fucking cancer and you know it.
>>
File: 1465226167993.gif (2 MB, 318x197) Image search: [Google]
1465226167993.gif
2 MB, 318x197
>>61377816
No they won't.
>>
>>61377807
>>61377758
UN and EU will go "deep concerns" line again and some retarded shit like mittens for Finland from Portugal again. 5,5 million population buffer country is ultimately expendable to the Luxembourgian and German EU-elite.
>>
>>61376808
>BE TOLERANT AND HELP EVERYBODY SHITLORD!!!

This is you cuck, fuck out of here with that shit logic.
>>
>>61377851

>4. Give Parliament the possibility to introduce laws

So you decided to make a checklist about how to make EU better without knowing fucking anything about EU?
>>
>>61377982
you are expendable but the gypsy shitholes of bulgaria and romania and poland arent. why? literally theres no backing of your arguments. youre screaming muh finland like a retard, without looking at what actually is in your benefit.
>>
>>61376911
Go see fucking Romania and then compare it to your homeland retard. Your troubles are practically nothing compared to what people in those countries have to endure.
>>
>>61378021
EU's parliament can only vote yes or no to commission's and European Council's legislation and suggest reforms to said legislation but it effectively can't suggest entirely new legislation. Only reforms to the one it's debating.
>>
>>61373152
we were fine without the EU
>>
>>61378081
>bulgaria and romania and poland
NATO cunts
>>
>>61378251
>bite the hand that feeds you
>great policy, lads
>>
>>61378081
>Poland
>Romania
>Bulgaria
NATO countries with humongous markets for German products even if sold slightly cheaper
>Finland
5,5 million market (small as markets go) with no NATO membership but a good capability to defend itself.

So what the fuck do you think the EU will do? Send the Frnech and Germans to die for us? Fuck no. The EU will let us crash and burn while pretending to be very concerned about it.
>>
>>61378379
so youre saying you dont have a market with the countries youre trading with the most, you call us gypsies and that we are sucking EU money for no reason at all, and now somehow we are more relevant to the EU than you?
will you pick one already?
and yes i do expect that the french and the germans will die for you if russia invades you now, because thats really what stops the russians from invading. you really must not know russians if you think they will think twice about installing communist proxies in nations that looks isolated
>>
>>61378502
Excuse me, what are you talking about? Are you confusing me with someone else? Of course nations with higher populations have more influence and importance in the EU. And no, Germans and Frnech won't come here to die for Finland. They sure will send some useless bullshit like humanitarian aid but no military aid since we're not in a defence treaty.
>>
>>61378644
there was another fin who talked somewhat similar
my mistake.
no youre not in a defense treaty, but i do expect that the EU will make something out of it and will declare war back if you are invaded.
>>
Where's one for us?
>>
>>61378703
HAHAHA no. It will be Finland and MAYBE sweden (highly unlikely). EU will issue a feel-good statement about the situation and possibly deepening sanctions and muh deep concerns but no military aid.
>>
>>61378794
youre not ukraine. youre in the EU, not wanting to join the EU. also you have the relevant diplomatic ties with europe. the ukranians were hated by everyone around them
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1136x640
>>61373168
Good shitpost
>>
File: pekka_siitoin.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
pekka_siitoin.gif
3 MB, 480x320
>Fuck European Union! Let's form a Nordic Union!
The irony is fucking palpable.
>>
>>61373308
>>61373345
>>61373348
>>61373404
>>61373463
>>61373482
Literally not an argument. Just butthurt.

Switzerland and a number of other European countries still trade with Russia. They haven't been invaded.
>>
>>61378898
good shitpost
may i refer you to this?
>>61374083
>>
>>61378881
Yeah, so? That doesn't mean the EU is tied by law to provide military assistance to us in a case of armed conflict. Maybe I'm cynical but past actions of EU in regards to Finland have shown that the EU elite can't give less of a shit about us so why would they sacrifice important nations' men for some ass backwards swamp?
>>
>>61373802
Holy shit you are such a shill.
>>
>>61378989
>a landlocked country in europe which has all of its GDP in finance and services still trades with russia
>border countries with russia have nothing to fear
>>
>>61374015
One of those was never invaded.

One attacked Russia first according to the EU.

And the last one was "invaded".
>>
>>61379027
how come they give a shit about poland and other border countries then?
>>61379043
what am i shilling? that russia is fucked up? yes thats true
>>
>>61379077
youre talking about georgia? explain
>>
>>61375500
Farage never fucking based his campaign on that number.
>>
>>61379096
Because first of all Poland is an important EU member with a high population and with a lot of German investment money going around. Second of all Poland is in NATO.
>>
>>61375592
That's shit logic.

The EU isn't a nation-state. Finland is a nation-state.
>>
>>61378225
we were better without them
>>
>>61379163
and youre unimportant?
>>
>>61379096
And if you need an example about EU fucking over Finland and stepping on our toes for the hell of it, that would be Greece's support funds. Finland tried to get a favourable deal for our money while we were in a recession ourselves, but that was tvrown out of the package altogether. So much for relevant diplomatic ties.
>>
>>61379001
Are you actually telling me nominal GDP growth is an accurate measure of real GDP growth?

Finland joined the EU (economically) in 1998.

Before that its 1970-1998 growth was 3.2% annually. Since then its been 1.3% annually, and the last 8 years have been absolute shit.
>>
File: whisper.png (82 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
whisper.png
82 KB, 290x174
>>61375094
...leave the EU #Finnished
>>
EU , more like PEE POO
>>
>>61379275
oh right, its the imaginary money that are important, not the ones you get to spend! damn kikeberg always fucking shit up for everyone, its must be his fault
>>
>>61379096
You just called Russia, North Korea 2.0

You're a fucking shill.

>>61379144
Georgia started the 8/8/8 war according to the UN and EU investigations.

>>61379045
What do you think Belarus, Moldova, Azerbaijan, and Armenia are?
Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kosovo, and Turkey?
>>
>>61379240
Yes? What makes you think Finland is important to the EU? Ehat makes you think the EU cares about Finland?
>>
>>61379274
everyone was fucked because of greece. everyone tried not to get fucked but everyone got fucked. are you telling me the germans got a better deal out of it?
>>
>>61379340
I'm done wasting my time talking with an idiot.
>>
>>61379388
Finland was fucked worse. Germans weren't in a recession so they could take the hit. We couldn't but that has no importance to the EU. You pay unconditionally if we say so t. EU.
>>
Pointless, you'll just be a part of the union again after we annex you.
>>
>>61379356
>What do you think Belarus, Moldova, Azerbaijan, and Armenia are?
Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kosovo, and Turkey?
countries out of those bordering russia - belarus, azerbaijan.
belarus is the favourite puppet of russia nad azerbaijan is practically guaranteed by turkey - a NATO member.
and i am shilling?
yes russia is north korea 2.0 - its only in the making. theres no democratic process, freedom of press, freedom of expression, freedom of trade or anything.

elaborate on that georgia starting the war please
>>61379358
what makes you think bulgaria is important to the EU? or poland?
>>
>>61376808
SWEDEN
E
YES
>>
>>61379507
I've explained to you why Bulgaria and Poland are important and why Finland isn't. Please explain why you think Finland is an important EU member without replying with a question.
>>
File: kallu1.jpg (71 KB, 360x556) Image search: [Google]
kallu1.jpg
71 KB, 360x556
>>61379488
Why are you just annexing us all of sudden?
>>
>>61379588
Same as always, to protect you from being annexed by hostile forces.
>>
>>61379567
1st it borders russia, the EU would prefer to have finland in its sphere of influence than it being a russian sattelite state.
2nd finland has a lot of high quality goods which are important to the global market
3rd finland is a developed civilized country which shares the values of europe - the EU would prefer to be in great terms with finland instead of arguing with it about petty squabbles.
4. with all the baltics in the EU, finland being in the EU benefits all of them
>>
>>61379621
Its Finland that annexes you only to sell you as butt slaves for slavs.
>>
File: swedishpride.png (209 KB, 1086x5437) Image search: [Google]
swedishpride.png
209 KB, 1086x5437
>>61379621
>protect you
>>
>>61379507
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/13/world/europe/2008-georgia-russia-conflict/

>September 2009 - A report from an EU fact-finding mission determines that the 2008 conflict was caused by Georgia's illegal attack on the South Ossetian capital of Tskhinvali on August 7-8.
>>
Don't know about leaving the EU, but we need to get our Mark back and that's for sure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/07/17/the-euro-is-a-disaster-even-for-the-countries-that-do-everything-right/
>>
File: north korea.webm (1 MB, 620x408) Image search: [Google]
north korea.webm
1 MB, 620x408
Should I run my script to spoil this poll too?
>>
>>61379753
its literally what russia does all the time. install a russian satellite state to declare independence and then " oh no we were attacked"
tell me, how many countries recognize south ossetia and abkhazia?
wanna have my guess? transnistria, south ossetia, abkhazia, donetsk peoples republic, luganks peoples republic and 2-3 more meme countries
>>
>>61379680
Those are all reasons why Finland was accepted as an EU member. That doesn't make Finland an important player in intra-EU politics. It never and it never will be an important EU member.
>>
>>61379691
We already tried that. They just called us degenerates.

>>61379698
Would be unfair to bring out caroleans to fight a few sickly catholic.
>>
>>61379680
Those are all reasons why Finland was accepted as an EU member. That doesn't make Finland an important player in intra-EU politics. It never and it never will be an important EU member. Also Finland being in the EU benefits only baltic burglars and bike thieves.
>>
>>61379918
and youre saying that bulgaria will be?
thats how small countries fare in a union. this doesnt mean the union doesnt benefit us
and it certainly doesnt mean any of us will be better off without the union
>>
>>61379918
That's not true, preventing Russian influence in the area is important. Why do you think Romania was allowed in, their powerful economy and humanistic practices?
>>
>>61379993
Yeah, sure makes me feel important to be the meatshield for faceless unelected bureaucrats with no political power to show for it.
>>
>>61380070
the unelected beaurocrats is a meme.
>>
File: Poland.jpg (54 KB, 800x705) Image search: [Google]
Poland.jpg
54 KB, 800x705
>>61379488
I don't think Russia would allow you to take a chunk of it. The same would probably happen to us, but we now have Ukraine as a buffer state so it would take some time at least. But Finland or any Baltic state, the day they leave the EU it means the end for their independence
>>
File: 1422280338207.jpg (55 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1422280338207.jpg
55 KB, 848x480
Speaking of a hypothetical Russian invasion is retarded. It would be like Nazi Germany attacking Switzerland. The Russians would have to go through 500000 reservists fighting a gorilla warfare for no real strategic or economic gain (Finnish economy in tatters after the war).
>>
>>61380095
As I recall it, I didn't vote for Jyrki Katainen aka spineless corrupted rat to be the Commisar of Finland.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.