[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New french regions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: CluIe1IWQAA48l6.jpg (146 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
CluIe1IWQAA48l6.jpg
146 KB, 1200x1200
Shit names desu.
>>
Why did they do this?
>>
>>61242943
Grand Est could have been Austrasie like during Charlemagne time.
tfw latins destroyed the name of this region
>>
>>61243163
>Austrasie
No, that sounds autistic
>>
>Nouvelle Aquitaine

FUCK NO I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A REGION WITH SUCH A FUCKING NAME
>>
>>61242943
>Good tier
Occitanie
Normandie

>Acceptable tier
Nouvelle Aquitaine

>Autism tier
Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes

>What the fuck tier
Grand Est

>LITERALLY CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP tier
Hauts-de-France
>>
>>61243237
Looks like "Australia", this can't be a bad thing ! :DDDDDDD
>>
>>61242943
>occtanie
>not occitanie pays catalans
literal racisme
>>
>>61243022
Election rigging. Basically they put far right zones with pro-liberal/leftist ones to set down their regional power.
>>
>>61243022
To have bigger regions.
Before this we had 22 regions, we conducted unions to compete we germans regions which are bigger.
>>
>>61242943
>Catalans on suicide watch
Good, those subhumans pieces of shit got cucked, that's all they deserve
>>
>>61242943

>Grand Est

worst one by far
>>
Occitania independence soon?
>>
>>61243022
It's the centralist power of Paris. It's too destroy regionalist identities.
>>
>>61243611
L L I U R E
L
I
U
R
E
>>
>>61242943
Why no giving back Nantes to Brittany?
>>
>>61243747
Because fuck Bretons.
>>
>>61243747
Because Brittany would have been too strong.
>>
fucking frogs
>>
>>61243747
People living in Nantes don't consider them Bretons.
Brittany is a leftard region full of butthurt cucklords
>>
>>61243521
>we conducted unions to compete we germans regions which are bigger.
What's the fucking need to compete with other country're regions in sizes?
>>
>>61243329
Alright, now it's Nouvelle Gascogne
>>
>>61243876
>People living in Nantes don't consider them Bretons.
You are an idiot.
>>
>>61242943
>Hauts-de France
>Grand Est
>Nouvelle Aquitaine

Literally USA-tier names
>>
>>61243899
More people, more money, more powerful
>>
>>61243948
I lived in Nantes for 12 years you cockmongrel. Everybody here don't consider breton outside 2 or 3 alcoholics that love to speak loud
>>
>>61243899
>What's the fucking need to compete with other country're regions in sizes?
From what I've heard it's on the one hand to increase the power of each individual Region compared to Paris, and on the other hand for economic purposes (for example what is now Nouvelle Aquitaine is supposed to be some super wine producing Region now, combining three of the largest former wine producers).
>>
>>61244030
I bet you aren't a real nantais, but a vendeen or some shit who migrated to Nantes for a job.
>>
>>61243747
Because their butthurt is hilarious
>>
>>61243022
For political bullshit. No one wanted it but they still did it, which also explain why everybody hate Hollande
>>
>>61244096
Unlike bretons I actually got a job and that doesn't consist at yelling and talking about independance at my local pub :^)
>>
>>61244282
>French banter
I didn't know such thing existed.
>>
>>61244282
You are not nantais, but an immigrant who moved to Nantes for a job or a liar. I also lived in Nantes, they don't talk like that. Tell me where what's the nickname of the roundabout between Nantes and Saint-Herblain on the road of La Baule ?
>>
>>61244345
French regions hate each other
>Normandy and Britanny
>Bourgogne and Auvergne
>Languedoc and Basques...
>>
>>61243434
And Austria
>>
>>61244345
>banters

It's not a banter, it's reality.
>>
>>61243566
It's literally the grandest region
>>
>>61244629
"Autriche"
"Austrasie"

M'yea

>>61244571
q-quelqu'un déteste le Centre ? :^(
>>
>>61244571
And everyone hate Paris
>>
>>61244726
Les bourguignons et les auvergnats se detestent
>>
>>61244571
Alsace and Limousin too, but it's unknown to most people.
>>
>>61244865
What the fuck does Limousin have to do with Alsace?
>>
File: RegionDeFrance.png (517 KB, 2000x2181) Image search: [Google]
RegionDeFrance.png
517 KB, 2000x2181
That's how they should have partitioned the region if they had some balls.
>>
That's what I thought, you are a liar, you never lived in Nantes. Any nantais know it's Rond Point des Châtaigniers.
>>
>>61244935
That's how it is apart from Pays de la Loire tho

>>61242943
PACA should change its name into Provence desu
>>
>>61245096
Everybody call it Provence anyway.
>>
>>61244935
Bretagne uncucked
No
>>
>>61244933
SS Alsacien from the Das Reich division had some fun here during WW2, and got pardoned after their trial. It made people extremely angry in Limousin, and Alsacien accused them of being unpatriotic and acting against "réconciliation nationale".

http://www.landmarkscout.com/oradour-sur-glane-memorial-center-limousin-france/

>Around 16:00 the soldiers start to execute the groups of men by machine gunning them down. A few men manage to escape the Laudy barn in the chaos and survive the massacre. The church with the women and children locked inside is set on fire. Anyone who manages to get out of the church is shot dead. Madame Rouffanche manages to jump out of one of the church windows above the altar. She is shot at and seriously wounded, but manages to hide in the church garden until the next day. She is the only survivor. 247 women and 205 children perish in the fire.

>Following the horrific executions, the village is looted and searched for any stragglers. In an attempt to destroy the evidence, the houses are set on fire. When most of the soldiers leave in the early evening, 642 men, women and children have been murdered.

>Even before the trail had started it boasted a lot of discussion and criticism in France and also in Germany. This was not only because of the time it had taken to conclude the investigation and finally start the trail, but most important because among the members of the 3rd Company of “Der Führer” who were called before the court to answer themselves for the massacre, there was a majority of French (Alsatian) citizens, who were said to be drafted into the SS during the war.

>For the French defendants the verdicts ranged from 5 to 8 years hard labour and one got the death penalty.
>>
>>61245535
>On February 19th 1953 the French National Assembly passed a bill which granted amnesty for the convicted Alsatians. They were released from custody on the 22nd of February and returned to their families. Most of the Germans were set free as well, as most of them had been in prison since the war and had thus completed their sentences. Eventually, even both men that had been sentenced to death were pardoned and by the time it was 1958, all of the defendants were free again.

>While the people of Alsace were celebrating the release of their ‘sons’, the amnesty left the people of Limousin devastated. The days before the release of the Alsatians, the ANFM (Association Nationale des Familles des Martyrs d’Oradour) returned the “Croix de Guerre”, awarded by the French Ministry of Defense, and other awards in the memory of the massacre of Oradour-sur-Glane. They declared a boycott on official visits from state representatives and put up posters listing the names of all the statesmen that voted in favor of the amnesty at the entrance of Oradour (until these were removed in 1966).
>>
>>61245604
>>61245535
Oh yeah I know about that story. One of the reasons why I don't really believe the Alsatians' malgré-nous stories.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.