[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw just got a job in Korea I leave around the end of July,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: hey that's not bad.jpg (274 KB, 933x1189) Image search: [Google]
hey that's not bad.jpg
274 KB, 933x1189
>mfw just got a job in Korea
I leave around the end of July, how should i go about learning Korean so i'm not just as isolated there as i am here?

Looking at Korean for dummies and a Collins pocket dictionary
>>
>>60936580
How did you get a job in Korea doing what?
>>
>>60936593
Teaching English of course, English language classroom.
>>
>>60936639
Did you do a teaching degree at uni? I really want to I'm just not motivated.
>>
>>60936648
Bach of IT, IT industry collapsed in Australia so i never managed to get a real job, so i did a TEFL course online and now i'm escaping this failing economy to become the whore of the orient
>>
pirate rosetta stone + try duolingo
>>
I've never understood how people can get a job teaching english without knowing the host language

How the fuck could that possibly work
>>
>>60936689
have any plans to transition from teaching to IT in korea? are you even allowed to do that?
>>
>>60936689
you teaching in a regular 2+2 is 4 shithole or you teaching business professionals?

iunno, sounds like you can honestly even get hired by companies and paid more if you teach the IT sector or whatever sector practical english.
>>
>>60936580
Haha you gonna have a blast. You'll actually be fine if you fit massive city life. Seoul is suffocating place
I've been here 3 month and sick of this shit Im out soon

>>60936879
You just have to be white and it doesnt matter
>>
>>60936879
that's the entire ESL industry... And i am a qualified ESL teacher btw
>>60937089
I'll be about 25km from Seoul, and even closer to another two sizable cities.
>>
>>60936689
cheers if I ever get motivated I'll do a teaching degree.
>>
>>60937089
I just don't understand
How does he teach things
Does he go around the classroom and turn the pages for the students
>>
File: professional.jpg (112 KB, 583x662) Image search: [Google]
professional.jpg
112 KB, 583x662
>>60937275
Maybe you should take the course yourself
>>
>>60937275
He'll probably be paired up with a local teacher.
>>
>>60937362
I can speak english
>>
OP some of my foreigners friends learn the korean and they said me they used website called 'talktomeinkorean' for grammer

Pls dont be white person who comes our country and doesnt learn language for a long time and cant even fucking order food correctly after 10 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
>>60936580
Try to be an honorary Korean! :DD
>>
>>60936739
Mate of mine used duolingo for like 2 years and is now fluent in Italian, so can confirm this works
>>
>>60936580
If you can endure long lasting stares, xenophobia and insularity of Korean people, you will have no problems. They will praise you if you know any korean. But you can be isolated if you want by hanging out with other teachers/expats only
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.