[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on the culture and identity of this country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
What are your thoughts on the culture and identity of this country?

Don't hold back
>>
Cute little vassal
>>
Syrup sucking faggots with an undeserved sense of superiority for "not being American"
>>
Too fucking ironic. Just be proud of your country like a normal person, not "lol we're so polite" "lol, I'm so boring ha ha".
>>
Like Australia but a good version.
>>
Why is this board so obsessed with Canada? I honestly never gave them a thought before visiting /int/
>>
canada simply exists way less than america.
in order for one to grasp this one must understand that existence as ~we~ know it relies almost entirely on whether or not we are actively thinking of it due to how subjective reality is.

in canada everything is just so, "ok." it's just america but less extreme and exists on a much more minute scale and is shifted a bit to the left.
>>
Like America, but a little less American.
>>
>>60933907
memes
>>
Irrelevant country full of homosexuals.
>>
The only good thing is that the Chinese are taking it over
>>
>>60933912
canada is just america but stuck in nostalgia of the early 2000s if that makes any sense

haha nice shoelaces
thanks i got them at that place near my moms
oh yeah i know the one
do you wanna come over later
no sorry
>>
>>60933590
Pretty much north USA except for left government, probably because of Quebec
>>
>>60933981
>haha nice shoelaces
>thanks i got them at that place near my moms
>oh yeah i know the one
>do you wanna come over later
>no sorry

what the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>60933590
We bury it.

Our bits of Canadiana become quaint little amusements, and they get relegated to this cultural group, or that geological area.

Check the Group of 7, The Tragically Hip's historically charged songs, the Red River Metis, L'anse aux Meadows, Chateau Frontenac, the locally sourced culinary-fusion movements.

Of course we're similar to the States - we actually have to have laws dictating Canadian content percentages. They own our shit in terms of media, and our speech patterns are even changing because of it. Most of us also live within 200km of the border, partially for import conveniences, partially for soil arability. We have trade agreements, military agreements. We share a political structure and the world's longest border. There's a lot of chatter.
>>
>>60934007
its just the most normal interactions you could imagine is what i mean, it was an example
>>
Canada is basically an America that worked.
There's no Canadian Detroit, or Bronx, or Compton, or Miami, or Alabama or New Jersey.

There's actually no poor people in Canada at all, no ghettos gangs or crime.

It's basically just a million miles of cold middle class America.
>>
>>60934164
Explain trailer park boys then
>>
>>60933590
Northern America
>>
Literally just a colder more American version of us
>>
>>60934434
We even have venomous aboriginals.
>>
>>60934511
Yeah. It's a good thing there's a designated abo state
>>
>>60934623
We call ours "Poverty"
>>
>leafs
>identity
>culture
>>
>australia
>canada
>britain
>USA

Why do Anglos love to shitpost so much.
Is it genetic?
>>
>>60934817
show me ONE good Croatian thread
>>
>>60934817
Pretty much
>>
American culture with some British thrown in.
>>
>>60933590
Couldn't a tatoo like that get you arrested in Canadia?
>>
>>60933590
It's an improved version of the United States.
>>
>>60933590
Chinese colony.
>>
culture=hockey, curling and other unwatchable sports
identity=plastering leafs everywhere
its nauseating tbqh
>>
>>60933590
better than Australia
>>
>>60935054
If you tattoo your arm, it wins
>>
>>60933590
being nice
chinks
>>
>>60935838
Hockey seems very fun to watch in my opinion
>>
>>60933590
I don't ever think about Canada and I live 20 minutes from the border. Fuck that stupid country
>>
>>60938285
bit rude to be honest
>>
File: LittleMosque_1400x1050.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
LittleMosque_1400x1050.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1050
>>60933590
The only thing I know about them is that they have a muslim TV show
>>
File: lmaoing.jpg (54 KB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
lmaoing.jpg
54 KB, 450x472
>>60933940

>mfw we have a quarter the population of Mexico and our GDP is a third higher
>mfw our GDP per capita is 5x higher
>mfw our crime rate is 35% yours

Enjoy getting beheaded by the cartel because you didn't pay your protection racket.
>>
>>60933590
fucking assholes some times
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.