[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW THE FUCK DOES YODA SPEAKS IN GERMAN???? YOU GUYS HAVE YOUR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1459135635811.png (479 KB, 657x654) Image search: [Google]
1459135635811.png
479 KB, 657x654
HOW THE FUCK DOES YODA SPEAKS IN GERMAN????
YOU GUYS HAVE YOUR VERBS AT THE END OF EACH SENTENCE
YOUR WHOLE CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE WAS PROBABLY RUINED
BECAUSE YODA SPEAKS WITH HIS VERBS AT THE END OF HIS SENTENCE
AND ITS WEIRD
BUT IT WASNT WEIRD FOR YOU

THOUGHTS??
>>
>>60667353
You know, I haven't given this much consideration myself, but I appreciate you bringing this topic to light.
>>
fil spectaculaire, pierre
>>
>>60667353
Wtf I hate Germany now
>>
>>60667353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlG036QLp-8

>dat Yoda voice

NOPE!
>>
>>60667353
you know, I haven't given this a lot of thought yet but now I'm freaking out
>>
>>60667524
>DU
>DU HAST
>>
Yoda still speaks weirdly sometimes. But his sentences seem to be grammatically correct in most cases. I checked a list with 10 quotes. Grammatically they were correct except:
> Bist 900 Jahre, wirst aussehen du nicht gut
There should be a "du" after "Bist". Otherwise it's ok but it sounds weird.
>>
>>60667431
same
>>
When I watched the dub as a kid I didn't even notice he was supposed to be talking differently
>>
I dunno, seems like he turns it on and off sometimes.
>>
We don't have the verb at the end of the sentence at all times. I'm not an expert in Yoda grammar, but he often seems to switch around entire parts of sentences and use unusual, though not necessarily wrong word order in German.

Größe bedeutet nichts. Sieh mich an. Nach meiner Größe beurteilst du mich, tust du das? Aber das solltest du nicht, denn die Macht ist mein Verbündeter, und ein mächtiger Verbündeter ist sie. Das Leben erschafft sie, bringt sie zur Entfaltung. Ihre Energie umgibt uns, verbindet uns mit allem. Erleuchtete Wesen sind wir, nicht diese rohe Materie. Du musst sie fühlen, die Macht die dich umgibt. Hier, zwischen dir, mir, dem Baum, dem Felsen dort. Alledem wird dich, ja. Selbst zwischen dem Sumpf und dem Schiff.
>>
but what of poor japan? Yoda speak is literally grammatically correct japanese
>>
>>60668236
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaY1FVtLUio

Man, I thought his German voice was weird
>>
>>60667789
They didn't fuck up his word order in Hungarian like he does in English?
>>
>>60667940
Present past tense in English he throws the verb to the end of the sentence like you guys do (minus the ge prefix) but I don't recall him conjugating a is or has in the beginning like you do.
>>
>>60668236
Yoda is clearer than most legit Japanese posters on /int/.
>Inb4 English Teachers
They post shit that no one know what they are trying to say where as an English speaker would try to make it awkward but intelligible for laughs.
>>
>>60668931
because they are attempting to use english grammar ...poorly very very poorly
>>
>>60668733
Hungarian word order is almost identical to yoda's so like 90% of the lines would be unchanged
>>
>>60667353
Is this bait? I feel like there's some joke here that I didn't quite get. Anyway, German does not have the verbs at the end of the sentece. If you put the verb at the end of the sentence, you will sound like yoda.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.