[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the "free" west hate when people wear what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: hijab.jpg (440 KB, 2592x3872) Image search: [Google]
hijab.jpg
440 KB, 2592x3872
Why does the "free" west hate when people wear what is literally just a simple hat? Literally just a cloth

I thought westerns supported true freedom and not "free to do anything as long as I agree with it."
>>
>>56561780
They don't?

They want to ban the burqa, that ninja shit.
>>
>>56561780
We don't hate it. We just want you faggots to take off you """""hat""""" when necessary (aka government photos, etc)
>>
Conservatives hate it because they generally don't like Islam.
Classical liberals don't hate it at all, for the reason you described.
Half of modern liberals hate it because it's a symbol of female oppression to them. In their minds, literally every hijabi is forced to wear it and the ones that choose to actually haven't chosen because their minds have been warped by "internalized misogyny".
Half of modern liberals love it because they love everything associated with Islam. To not do so would be "Islamophobic", which to them is worse than misogyny and homophobia.
>>
>>56561780
t. abdul bin laden
>>
>"free"
General freedom is over-rated. Freedom should be reserved only for those who share my attributes, values, and habits. For all others there should be servitude. Mohammedans can go to the devil.
>>
I used to dislike it, but I've grown to like the thing. Specially the one that doesn't completely cover the hair. Like this one, covers just a little bit.
>>
Freedom is a meme, Mustafa
>>
>>56562098
Fuckin' hell, forgot the pic. Hang me.
>>
>>56562128
>Hang me.
Gladly.
>>
>>56561780
People are free to wear whatever they want, but they aren't free to behead or stone people who decide not to wear it
>>
>>56562095
>General freedom is over-rated. Freedom should be reserved only for those who share my attributes, values, and habits. For all others there should be servitude.
t. muhammad ibn abd al-wahhab
>>
>>56562300
>>Mohammedans can go to the devil.
>>
>>56562319
Your limited views on freedom are shared by those mohammedans
>>
>>56562396
So?
>>
File: 436234643264326234643.png (2 MB, 1628x1988) Image search: [Google]
436234643264326234643.png
2 MB, 1628x1988
>>56561780
Nice hijab.
>>
>>56561780

We don't hate it, we just think it's socially unacceptable to wear hoods and masks outside of certain situations (like most cultures) and that doesn't change just because your religion says you have to cosplay as Tusken Raider.
>>
>>56561780

It shows than you have absolutely zero interest in fitting in to our society, which means you could also fuck off back to your own ones.
>>
First you have to understand what "freedom" ultimately means in a Western philosophical context and why it does not correlate to "do whatever the fuck you want". Just because places like the US meme hard about " freedom" doesn't mean we define the word, the US is very new to the Western civilization game. Still, things like the pursuit of happiness and the freedom to pursue it encompasses more than "do whatever the fuck you want".

Check yourself when it comes to being ignorant about other parts of the world before you start criticizing anyone else.
>>
>>56562426
Exactly, we'll fight them and see who gets their way
>>
Religious women wear it here too.
Orthodoxy sometimes is Christian Islam.

I bet no one girl want to wear it.
>>
>>56564466
>First you have to understand what "freedom" ultimately means in a Western philosophical context
positive liberty
>>
>>56561780
the ban is for the burqa, not the hijab

also if you're free to wear either outside of the west, why would you give a fuck what we support, hate or agree with.
>>
>>56561780
should be banned in schools again desu
>>
Because the west is comprised of barbaric uncivilised infidel kaffur
>>
>>56561780

The wears of the towel want to see all nonwearers killed, though. It's not just a fashion statement.
>>
>>56561780
Most of the people who really hate hijab also hate women in mini-skirts, women in suits, women etc.
>>
>>56564466
> That flag
>Just because places like the US meme hard about " freedom" doesn't mean we define the word

t. proxyfag
>>
>>56561780
hijabs are cute, burqas are shit.
>>
>>56564877
>>56564921
Hijab is not islamic "tradition" or "commandment".
Ancient greek and arab pagans wore those things to show off their religiosity.
Even turkish flag is paganic symbol.
>>
>>56565024

> show off their religiosity

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Don't expect for people to like you for being a proud 7th century-er.
>>
Because it stands for opression, dependancy and unemployment.
>>
File: 1458299435023.jpg (128 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1458299435023.jpg
128 KB, 620x349
no need for talks, we'll take over the world anyway

then we'll just kill anyone who disagree with our sunnah, subhanallah
>>
>>56561780
fact: turkey was the first country to ban hijab
>>
>>56561780
It's a really good way of making sure you'll never fit in with the locals, it's like wearing your religion on your sleeve to make sure everyone fucking knows that: a) you look down on non-muslims b) you refuse to integrate into our society c) you support limiting things in the name of a freaking made up fantasy story

Also, don't you fucking dare talk about freedom and these rags in the same sentence. Sure, the women are """technically""" free to wear whatever they want, but remember that muslims are very downbearing when it comes to following tradition. If you decide not to wear that shit you will literally be abused at home, ostracized by your close family and basically get marked as a whore. Anyone with some sense knows that they actually have to wear these garbs, can't drink alcohol, have to get married at the decision of their parents, etc. I'm physically ill that people who have this much freedom stripped from them live under our flag without anyone lifting a finger to help.
>>
>>56565271
I thought you were taking over the unemployment benefits.
>>
>>56561780
Because women are mostly forced into it, they're not doing it because they want to. It's more that men in their society wants them to be covered, so that they can trade cousins,sisters and mothers amongs other for profit and power.
>>
>>56565157
I agree with this but what i want to say is hijab or any kind of voil, male headwear were not commanded to wear.
There are also no Islamic names. Arab name wont make you muslim.
The same goes with beard. Sunnis say its just sunnah but shaving beard somehow haram, if beard is sunnah shaving it cant be haram. A lot nations " converted" into islam with their own paganic traditions and worldview, arabs, afghans, pakis, persians all of them use sunnahs which were collected by blind persian after 2 centuries of Muhamads death.
Though Khalif Umar ibn Al Khattab burned down all sunnah hadis books and commanded to do so everywhere, thats why persian shia pagans hate him.
>>
>>56561780
> the west hates what is just a hat
Muslims are now making shit up just to have something to bitch about, no one in the west hates those or wants to ban them
>>
>>56565424
>no one in the west hates those
It would mean more coming from a westerner
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.