[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Britain have a culture of drinking so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: ;_;.png (509 KB, 658x650) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
509 KB, 658x650
Why does Britain have a culture of drinking so much?
>>
bad weather. most people there have SAD, no joke.
>>
>>60548588
It's an island with constant bad weather, their country is a shadow of its former glory. and worst of all, it's populated by Brits
>>
>>60548588
>bbc thinks their show and production value was good
the 3 dimwits was the main reason i watch the show tb'h
>>
>>60548656
>>60548739
I've been sweating my balls off all day
>>
>>60548588
British drinking culture was surprisingly tame in my experience. Had a couple of beers on a bench overlooking the Thames with my cousin when I was visiting and people were clearly not thrilled. We weren't even being loud or bothering anyone.
>>
>>60548905
>expecting london to be british
there's you're problem mate
>>
File: alcoholdeaths.png (529 KB, 719x807) Image search: [Google]
alcoholdeaths.png
529 KB, 719x807
Repressive self-loathing paleface culture, the same one that makes them inclined to embrace Islam and censor violent videogames
>>
>>60548967
Fair point, so public drinking (within reason) isn't looked down upon in the rest of the UK?
>>
>>60548588
>Why does Britain have a culture of drinking so much?
Just wait until the sharia "reforms" kick in.
>>
>>60548978
>censor violent videogames
[citation needed]
>>
>>60548978
Strange that you link a picture debunking the very thing you are trying to reinforce.

It's almost as if you didn't even look at the image.
>>
>>60548588
I kek'd so fucking hard at that title. Next thing you know he's going to jump off the fucking shard. This shit is hilarious.
>>
>>60548588
I don't think they do. Every Brit I ever drank with couldn't hold their alcohol for shit.
>>
>>60548588
Chris Evans is going full JUST lately, and I don't think he'll ever recover.
>get invited to join a formerly successful show along with a bunch of other B-list celebrities
>audience don't find him funny at all
>askthem to laugh at your jokes during the break when the cameras aren't rolling
>ratings plummet by a third after one episode
>get caught drinking in the street as you desperately try to cope
>>
>>60548978
>Less than 26 Swedes and Norwegians die from alcohol related deaths
>Proves that drinking alcohol cucks you.

This is why we don't need flags. We already know you're American.
>>
>>60549169
>askthem to laugh at your jokes during the break when the cameras aren't rolling
Heh, really?
>>
>>60548588
>diverse, politically correct top gear failing.

Enjoy this britfags.
>>
>>60549048
i don't think it would cause a commotion but people would probably find it weird/anti-social that you aren't in a pub, also depends on the type, if you are drinking beer from a can people will assume you are an alcoholic
>>
>>60549048
>Fair point, so public drinking (within reason) isn't looked down upon in the rest of the UK?

It is seen as very lower class, you will find plenty of chavs getting wasted in public parks and childrens playgrounds.
>>
They drink to forget.
>>
>>60548978
Would've expected Finland to be higher.
>>
>>60549130
Anyone can hold a 0.25 cl cup of 3% beer, brah. I bet you vomit after two of those desu.
>>
>>60548656
Quite the opposite.
been hot as fuck lately, thats probably why he's drinking outside
>>
>>60549169
But they really didnt know it would suck?.

How dumb do you have to be.

They deserve no sympathy.
>>
File: 1377081263910.png (29 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
1377081263910.png
29 KB, 300x295
>>60549223
>Chris Evans pleaded with the audience to laugh on 'Top Gear'.
>The 50-year-old TV presenter - who hosts the British motoring series alongside former 'Friends' actor Matt LeBlanc - urged the audience to respond to his jokes about the programme's former host Jeremy Clarkson and act like they were enjoying the BBC Two show.
>Speaking on the show on Sunday night (29.05.16) when the first episode of the revamped programme hit screens, he said: "If you find things vaguely funny or you think they were supposed to be funny please laugh.
>"That would be great."

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/chris-evans-pleaded-with-the-audience-to-laugh-on-top-gear/ar-BBtQUdE
>>
File: Le_laughing_dictator.gif (4 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
Le_laughing_dictator.gif
4 MB, 298x224
>>60548739
>and worst of all, it's populated by Brits
>>
>>60549342
nah m8, I lived in Russia and kept up with them there just fine and still drink a lot of liquor. Beer does nothing to me until we start talking about amounts of several liters
>>
>>60549384
That is still bad weather
>>
>>60549116
>Next thing you know he's going to jump off the fucking shard.
No one will mourn him, how the cunt keeps getting work in the entertainment industry is beyond me.
>>
>>60549389
i read somewhere that the BBC would have to pay out to tv companies if they cancelled the show, so I think they just did the show to keep the money
>>
>>60549393
they can suck jezza's cock
>>
>>60549267
>Enjoy this britfags.
We are, everyone here wants it to fail.
>>
>>60549393
>they put canned laughter over it in the end
>literally the first time Top Gear has ever used canned laughter

It'll happen for the rest of the series. Even the writer is pretending he didn't write it.
>>
>>60549393
People feel sorry for Brendan Fraser because he's a likeable guy down on his luck, when the JUST is on Chris Evans nobody should feel sorry for him.
>>
>>60548588
You would too if you lived there.
>>
>>60549384
How "hot" was it?
>>
>>60548978
>drunktugal
>>
>>60548978
>embrace Islam and censor violent videogames

fuck off you fat memeing cunt
>>
File: Britain sunbathing.jpg (603 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Britain sunbathing.jpg
603 KB, 1024x683
>>60549384
>>60548876
>>60548656
>bad weather. most people there have SAD, no joke.
that actually makes sense
>>
>>60550086
London here, its like 20-23 something, so not hot at all.
>>
Serves the faggot filled Ferrari fanboy right.

There can be only one Jezza.
>>
>>60550222
Trips confirm
>>
>>60549060
nice one mate.
>>
>>60549393
I heard he swore at the audience he was getting so pissed with them. Let's face it, we all knew it was going to be shit from the start, love seeing this just collapse.
>>
>>60550074
Nah, there's a lot of nice places here, if you base a opinion of a country on memes on here then tbf the opinion is pretty irrelevant. We drink because it's just part of our culture, going with mates down the pub for a pint. The ones that give a bad image are the chavs that share a 2L strongbow whilst sitting on the children playground.
>>
>>60550192
Places like these are the worst tbf, and they're easy to avoid desu.
>>
File: Beer Fish.webm (253 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
Beer Fish.webm
253 KB, 640x300
>tfw drink about 1L of vodka a day and have been doing so for 2 years

Why won't I die?
>>
>>60550419
Does Chris Evans have any fans at all? He must have serious dirt on some high up BBC people in order to keep getting all this high profile work.
>>
>>60550585
>You're an alcoholic shut-in who wastes money on cheap vodka
don't blame you for wanting to die tbf mate.
>>
File: get-drunk.png (649 KB, 653x943) Image search: [Google]
get-drunk.png
649 KB, 653x943
Sometimes it might bring funny consequences
>>
Why do americans seem to brag more than anyone else about their tolerance to alcohol? Honestly every time we get exchange students they go on about how much they can drink, desu it's 16 yo tier
>>
>>60550877
Oh yeah I'm sure they just """"""""""""""""""""""accidentally"""""""""""""""""""" ended up in fucking Syria, bar these wankers.
>>
>>60550974
This tbf, don't really give a fuck how much you can handle as long as you're not a lighweight, Americans treat it as though it's the fucking Olympics or something, instead of just a piss up.
>>
>>60550974
>students
There's your answer.
>>
>>60551023
And even if you're a lightweight, if you pace yourself then all the better for you because money saved, especially if you're willing to get first round in.
My problem is I drink like a fish (speed wise) but only have normal tolerance so after about 2 hours I'm usually passed out, or just too sloppy to be any fun
>>
>>60548588
I don't know but it's part of the reason I feel so alienated in my own country
>>
File: 420.webm (701 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
420.webm
701 KB, 500x274
>>60551516
Find some people to smoke weed with instead
>>
I live in a grim as fuck, poorthern town and we drink because getting fucked up lets us forget, even just for a little while that life is shitty so we do it as often as possible
>>
File: scotlandforever.jpg (117 KB, 1095x1324) Image search: [Google]
scotlandforever.jpg
117 KB, 1095x1324
>>60548978
wew lads
>>
>>60549307
>>60549271
So none of you like to go to the park with the buds and hang with a couple of beers?

Here there's one bridge in particular that's always full of young people / uni students having a beer in the afternoon and nobody thinks much of it.
>>
File: independence day.gif (281 KB, 600x940) Image search: [Google]
independence day.gif
281 KB, 600x940
>>60553603
People here go to a park or to the lake to drink beer and grill burgers on July 4th, Memorial Day, and Labor Day.
>>
>>60554937
well shit, who needs an occasion?
>>
>>60555136
Well sometimes people do it on normal days, but those are the days where the parks are really full of people doing it.
>>
>>60549130
binge drinking and geting wasted like animals in the streets doesn't mean you can handle shit, all the contrary.

I find that in general anglos have a pretty poor alcohol resistance, brits and Irish being among the worse. Of course there are a bunch of regular alcoholics there, who are pissed every day on beer and will die at 50 of liver damanges and these guys can drink you to your tumb.
But the rest are usually used to downing a few rows of shots and pass out right after.

Even frat boys at the peak of their student alcoholism can't follow me on the long run and I'm not even big nor particularly resistant.
Of course if you have me drink liters of disgusting beer from the fucking keg and downing a dozen shot in a few minutes I'll probably pass out too like them.
But that's just stupid binge drinking.
In the long game, after the second bottle of wine they are all dozy and sleepy when I'm barely starting to open the spirits.

frenchfag btw
>>
>>60551157
yup fucking pissing contest
>>60550974
>>60551023
the fact that they aren't allowed to drink before 21 explains a lot. they treat it as an exiting forbidden thing when entering their teenage years and start drinking without any previous experience of their limits.
The bro culture on american campuses do the rest and they just binge drink themselves into oblivion and they later wear their sad, vomit-stained, retarded stories as war badges.
>>
>>60556346
I don't get this binge drinking thing brits do. It seems like bongs believe that it ain't a party until they're all lying shitfaced on the pavement.
We drink a metric fuckton on vodka nights too and there's always someone who blacks out at a party, but here passing out is considered an unfortunate occurrence and generally embarrassing. It's meant to be avoided and not the fucking goal like it seems with all the chavs in the UK.
>>
File: beer breweries map incomplete.jpg (2 MB, 4200x2872) Image search: [Google]
beer breweries map incomplete.jpg
2 MB, 4200x2872
>>
Australians are the same as Brits and Irish, bringe drinkers when out and become violent fuckwits.
>>
>>60556499
worst part is that girls do it too...
To me, the goal of drinking is to slightly lower your inhibitions to make you more talkative and more likely to dance and party hard. You laugh more too.
But being too drunk to remember what you have done or to coordinate your body movement is just lame, and as you said would be considered an embarassment and mocked the day after.

How this can be considered cool and looked after I cannot fathom.
>>
british people just love getting fucked up

loads of people go to uni for 3 years and spend the weekends sniffing ket and smashing pills 2bh
>>
>>60556677
forgot pic
>>
>>60548978
this image doesn't even prove what you're trying to say you thick yank
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.