[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ramadan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: ramadan1.jpg (34 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ramadan1.jpg
34 KB, 600x400
Any Muslims here? Tell me about Ramadan. What it really is? What are the dos and don'ts while Ramadan?
>>
>>60427902
we dont eat
>>
>>60428156
What happens if you eat in public in Turkey?
>>
>>60428156
Was it something about sun set and rise? What about arctic muslims? They cant starve for months. Do you drink watter?
>>
>>60428243

Allah will kill you with a thunderstrike while you're shitting.

But in reality probably nothing, at least that's how things were in egypt.
>>
>>60428156
tell me about ramadan, why don't muslims eat?
a lot of loyalty for a sandnigger
>>
>>60428156
when ramadans ends there is a party? is that the "Id" oslt?
>>
>>60428243
Lots of people still eat in public. Some might think it's rude but not like they can do anything about it anyway.
>>60428296
Yes we start fasting when sun rises and start eating when sun sets. In the poles they follow the schedule of either their original country or the schedule of the nearest country with a distinguishable day and night so they can fast up to 20 hours.

No we dont drink water.

>>60428341
Because it's says so in the Qoran
>>
>>60428512
If I force fed you would you die?
>>
>>60428462
Yes we call it the Ramadan festival or the Candy festival. It lasts three days and people visit their families and eat desserts and stuff

>>60428562
I accidentally eat many times as a kid. I even intentionally stopped fasting one day to be able to eat chips in school. I cant say I'm proud but nothing happened
>>
>>60428595
Were you caught? Was it part of your plan?
>>
>>60428618
Nobody was looking over me while I was fasting. As a kid my parents advised me not to fast because they didn't think I was old enough but I wanted to anyway because I didn't want to be left out about all the stuff that was happening
>>
>>60428688
You didn't fast so good!
>>
>>60428462
yeah its called 'eid', you get money from your relatives and candy its cool

like Halloween but with money+candy
>>
>>60428729
It was good enough for a kid I suppose
>>
>>60427902
No food, no sex by day.

In night, visiting each others, going out, playing video games card games... This month change your whole routing. For me I spend the night of it outside and get home in like 9am.
>>
>>60428748
Man why can't white folks have traditions of giving money like this

The Chinese and their red envelopes and shit, fuck a birthday card son gimme some scrilla
>>
>>60428777
who paid you to grab the potato chips?
>>
>>60428794
I used to spent all day sleeping and playing games all night
>>
>>60427902
Who gives a fuck, muslims are scum
>>
>>60428842
I still do it. lol.
>>
>>60428827
Well, there is a thing called Christmas, but it is only once in a year.
>>
>>60428833
I had a little chips addiction as a kid so I had a little money to buy chips everyday. One day I said YOLO for no reason and bought a bag of chips from school canteen. I thought I would look cool in front of my friends

>>60428862

I cant anymore because I have exams
>>
>>60428901
Uh, you don't get to look cool
>>
>>60428914
Well, I remember having a good laugh with my mate in yard. Still wasn't worth it
>>
>>60428901
>I cant anymore because I have exams
Luckily I'm a NEET :)
>>
>>60428957
Or perhaps your mate was wondering why someone would buy potato chips before sundown
>>
>>60428842
>tfw im holding up well
even tho its only 1pm im still okay, dont think ill sleep
>>
>>60428864
Yeah but I rarely get money because it's "not special"

Maybe it's just my family, nobody skimps on gifts but regularly getting cash as a gift would own
>>
MMMM
>>
>>60428842
Wait but then what if you have a job

Are you just fucked then?
>>
File: 11223134141415.jpg (73 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
11223134141415.jpg
73 KB, 604x453
>>60427902
ramadan is a way for arabs to imitate jews without being jews, it is retarded and G-d will punish you for fasting. he never said to goyim to fast on specific day it is herecy created by some crazy midget which fondle little girls and dress up in their clothing.

what you MUST do is follwing this laws.

1 Do not deny God.
2 Do not blaspheme God.
3 Do not murder.
4 Do not engage in illicit sexual relations.
5 Do not steal.
6 Do not eat of a live animal.
7 Establish courts/legal system to ensure obedience to the law.

If you want to fast and get actuall reward in heaven convert to judaism and fast, otherwise you wont get any reward in afterlife, but punishment in this live.
>>
>>60429017
Being neet doesnt last forever so enjoy it while it lasts.

>>60429036
No he probably wasn't even fasting himself. He was nastier than me

>>60429162
Yes it's very hardy when you are working but also very rewarding when it's time to eat. You remember those times for the rest of your life because they will be the best meals you will ever eat
>>
>>60429204
BRO, YOU ARE GETTING MEMED SO HARD
>>
>>60428243
You get burned in a stake.
>>
There are two major fast days and four minor fast days that are part of the Jewish year. The two major fasts, Yom Kippur and Tisha B’Av, last just over twenty four hours. They begin before sundown, when it is still light outside, and end after the next sundown, when it is dark outside and three stars can be seen in the sky. This fast is absolute. The faster may not eat food, drink, brush his teeth, comb his hair, or take a bath. Minor fasts differ in their duration from a major fast. No food or drink is taken from dawn until nightfall.

Strict adherents to Judaism strictly observe each and every fasting day. Other Jews may practice modified forms of fasting. This can be abstaining from food but not water, fasting but not observing bathing restrictions, or not observing some of the fasting days at all.
>>
om Kippur is the Day of Atonement. As one of the most important days of the Jewish year fasting, along with prayer, is practiced as a means of repentance. This fits well with the idea of performing penance for any sins committed during the year and restoring one’s soul to a state of wholeness.

Most of the remaining fasting days focus on commemorative mourning and remembrance of important historical events. On the Tenth of Tebet Jews fast in memory of the siege of Jerusalem (597 B.C.) by the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar. Six months into the siege the first breach was made in the walls of the city. This and other tragic events that occurred around this time are remembered in the fast of the Seventeenth of Tammuz . The city did eventually fall to the Babylonians. The Jewish King Jehoiachin was made captive and carried off to Babylon with many of his people.
>>
Eleven years later Nebuchadnezzar's uncle, who had been made vassal-king of Judah in Jehoiachin's place, revolted against his nephew. Nebuchadnezzar returned and besieged the city for sixteen months (587-586 B.C.). The second defeat by the Babylonians in 586 B.C. was followed by the destruction of the Temple and the city. This event is commemorated by the fast of the Ninth of Av (Tisha B'Av). By coincidence the Second Temple, rebuilt after the return of the Jews from Babylon, was destroyed by the Romans on the same day in A.D. 70. Thus the Babylonian destruction of the First Temple and the Roman destruction of the Second Temple are mourned on the same fast day.

The fast of the Third of Tishri, also called the fast of Gedaliah, is in memory of the assassination of Gedaliah, the Babylonian governor of Judah after the destruction of the city and the Temple in 586 B.C.

The other minor fast day is the fast of Esther. It commemorates the three days of fasting undertaken by Esther prior to meeting with King Ahasuerus. This is the one minor fast that is not a mournful remembrance.
>>
>>60429229
what
>>
>>60429352
Was getting memed part of your plan?
>>
If you have sex by day, you have to free a slave to make up for it.
Or fast for 2 months instead. Or donate food for 60 dudes.

If you can't do any of that shit you're fucked.
You have to donate a plate of dates to some broke ass people in earnest.
Not sitting you, it's what the prophet said.
>>
>>60429408
No? I dont understand what are you referring to
>>
>>60429408
?
>>
>>60429441
I think you're getting memed by falling for someone telling you you were getting memed
>>
>>60429441
You are one dumb fuck aren't you? I'm not surprised though, since you are a T*rk.
>>
>>60429454
You are probably right
>>
This is my thread. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My thread is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my thread is useless. Without my thread, I am useless.

No one will get memed in my thread.
>>
>>60429452
Or perhaps you are wandering why someone would get memed before they were taught the meme itself?!
>>
>>60429507
Thanks bro. I can appreciate a good poster who tends to his thread's good being
>>
>be turk
>get memed
>>
What kind of things would merit an exception to the no eating-rule?

I imagine the afterparty candy festival thing has some traditional foods related to it. What are your favourites?
or is it just store bought candies?
>>
>>60432352
Idk if you have Turkish delicacies shops in Finland but try basbousa and kunnafeh

Those two are usually serves at that time in my house
>>
>>60432472
Served*
>>
No eating
No drinking
No sex
Basically, you control your worldly desire from dawn until night at Ramadhan
>>
>>60429454
radamandan can make you lose some kilograms my burger friend
>>
>>60432352
If I know right hey used to buy kids these kind of candies in such holidays but other than that if you knocked on somebody's door as a kid they would probably give you some store bought candies. If they are your closer relatives they might give you other presents such as money, socks, handkerchief and stuff
>>
File: 1464948272102.jpg (32 KB, 396x402) Image search: [Google]
1464948272102.jpg
32 KB, 396x402
Can you eat during Ramadan on the day of your suicide bombing? Serious question.
>>
>>60433106
No, you can't do that. If you die during fasting that is x2 bonus for you
>>
>>60433106
what's the point of eating if you are going to stop living ?
>>
File: ramadan.jpg (100 KB, 448x470) Image search: [Google]
ramadan.jpg
100 KB, 448x470
>>60427902
>What it really is?
you suffer for 30 days

>What are the dos and don'ts while Ramadan?
don'ts: drink, smoke, eat, fap, listening to music, sex

do's: anything not mentioned above
>>
>>60433106
Muhammad had two wars in ramadan and he didn't fast during them

so yes you can eat I guess
>>
File: 1426971606263.png (25 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1426971606263.png
25 KB, 604x453
>>60433392
>listening to music
>>
File: 1422039941235.png (65 KB, 456x1024) Image search: [Google]
1422039941235.png
65 KB, 456x1024
>>60433624
I asked my father and the local imam and they said so

I dunno my man
>>
No food No drinks (basically anything that goes to your stomach except air)
Also nofap. After that you're good to go
>>
>>60433657
Radios broadcast music all day long here

if I went to watch a movie or a documentary there will surely have some music in it, does that mean turning on the tv is forbidden aswell?
>>
I am curious about that as well.

Fasting is something that exists in the christian world but it's not food abstinence. It's generally vegetarianism days. As meat and some animal products are off limits.

It's not something mandatory, but something you can do if you wish.

It seems to me refusing food and WATER during the day in the hottest region in the world is trying too hard to look pious, rather than actually being pious.
>>
>>60434242
A few hours without water haven't killed anybody. At least 99,99% of the people survive 99,99% of the time.

It's about resting your stomach so nothing should get in there
>>
>>60429153
>pork burger

absolutely haram
>>
>>60433624
Hey some older immigrant muslims here are all about that too. Is it a sunni/shia thing?
from what I know these guys say muslims shouldn't listen to music at all
>>
>>60435756
well all music was illegal during the Taliban regime
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.