[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I always knew my ancestry was Russian, but until today I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: oIWkgGU.jpg (160 KB, 687x434) Image search: [Google]
oIWkgGU.jpg
160 KB, 687x434
I always knew my ancestry was Russian, but until today I didn't know my great-grandfather's name. It was actually Ivan. I don't know what to say.
>>
Congratulations you're now 1/124 Belarusian
>>
>>60422821
>I don't know what to say.
Thank them for letting you live in country of the free and brave
>>
>>60422897
He fled Russia to escape being drafted in WWI and ended up in the United States.
>>
>I don't know what to say.
what about ''cyka blyat''?
>>
>>60422821

Why are Americans so obsessed with their " ancestry"? Do they all have self-identification crisis or what?
>>
>>60423740
nah, I think it's pretty common thing in the new world because almost everyone is descendant of immis and our culture is based in a mix of euro and natives culture, maybe some countries care more about that than others
>>
File: image.jpg (974 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
974 KB, 3264x2448
>>60422821
My great great grandpa is from Russia and I give almost zero fucks because it's just my great great grandpa , here is pic of Mr. Gange
>>
>>60423877
he looks like he's a conductor on the island of sodor
>>
File: image.jpg (910 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
910 KB, 3264x2448
>>60423987
And here is his wife
>>
>>60423877
>>60424089
cute, how old were they when they went to murrica?
>>
>>60424183
I don't think they ever went to the United States, I know their son Mr. Potatoe head did ( he has super Slavic looking skull and big nose). Potatoe head had a third grade education and ran around the country side playing the accordion, he then married a German Nordic qt and they had like 13 savage as fuck kids,

a lot of the men had a hobby of literally bullying the police, they would get in trouble and when the police would come they would wrestle with them and break their bones and jaws for the fun of it, and they liked to drink, so drinking having kids until they died, and bullying the police were their hobbies as German Russians.
>>
>>60424285
mother of god, a family of bullies
>>
>>60424285
So they're niggers?
>>
File: 4L_APLtV0wE.jpg (35 KB, 294x220) Image search: [Google]
4L_APLtV0wE.jpg
35 KB, 294x220
>>60422821
Дoбpo дoшљ бpaт мoj
>>
>>60423740
Why are Europeans so bothered that Americans would take interest in where their ancestors came from and use that to form a part of who they see themselves as? I've never understood it, who gives a shit

There's this weird notion of "you're not German unless you were born and raised here, ethnicity isn't really a thing" and "if you're of African descent you will never truly be German even if you were born here"
>>
>>60428942
But it's true. If you're German, speak German and tell me about your hometown and people that live in it, and how do stereotypes relate to the truth, and most people WILL get triggered if the answer is "You know, actually I live in America"
The whole new world's muh heritage is utter bullshit - there's nothing Russian in OP anymore, not more than there's anything Jewish in me
>>
>>60429208
>not more than there's anything Jewish in me
Hitler would disagree.
>>
>>60429208
So if you moved to Germany are you no longer polish?

Rather, if you moved to Germany with a polish woman and had kids there, are they not polish?

Ethnicity and nationality is way too complex of an issue to just tell Americans "nah you're not _____ sorry", like no shit I'm not a German citizen and if I were to ever describe myself as "German" I wouldn't mean as a national, it would just be saying that's where my ancestors are from and that's what ethnicity I am, since you can't really count American as an ethnicity
>>
>>60428942

Because it's racist, goy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.