[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you remember that brief period of time in the late 90s and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: t.a.t.u.jpg (290 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
t.a.t.u.jpg
290 KB, 1680x1050
Do you remember that brief period of time in the late 90s and early 2000s when Russia was considered cool? Then Putin came and Russia turned evil again.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 400x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 400x271
>>60371731
You mean when this happened?

I guess blowing up your own parliament and killing elected leaders is pretty cool.
Meanwhile the economy collapsed, Chechens killed 30,000 Russians, and Russia lost 10 million people to emigration and death.

Ahhhh how marvelous and interesting!
>>
>>60371731
Russia never was cool. A lil bit more freedom I guess. For listening tatu you might be beaten by gopniks
>>
>>60371731
>Do you remember that brief period of time in the late 90s and early 2000s when Russia was considered cool?
yeah, the time when USA was cool
>>
>>60371806
>Chechens killed 30,000 Russians,
and Russians killed 300.000 chechens
>>
>>60371731
In the 90's Russia was considered a shithole and pretty irrelevant.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 595x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 595x800
>>60372196
Slavs will slav.

It was Russian territory, so they were allowed to do what they wanted in it.
>>
>>60371731
nas nye dagonyat
>>
>>60371731

It wasn't considered cool. It was considered poor, shitholish, mafia-ridden and great evil for putting down chechens and giving Serbia some little, insignificant help in Kosovo.

Or at least that's how the international media outlets were portraying Russia. China too, for le human rights and le Tibet.

Then Irak & Guantanamo & the chinese economic mega boom happened and international media outlets stopped talking about le human rights in China and le Tibet.
>>
>>60371731
ALL ABOUT US ALL ABOUT US!

Being evil (unless you are muslim) is pretty cool by itself. Putin made them cooler
>>
>>60373904
unless you are muslim or asian.

In that case you are just subhuman.
>>
>>60371731
There was a Russia hype here in the time 2005-2015 you could say.
It ended with the crimean crisis.
Then we had some 24h mass propaganda on hating Russia for a year.
Now nobody cares about anything there anymore.
>>
>>60373133
Their fault. They just literally start robbing an own country.
Sadly same here.
>>
>>60373133
Oh yeah, I hate this human rights circle jerk bullshit.

>Russia gets massive shit for homos being restricted in public
>Saudi Arabia is best buddy cool dude country while having the death sentence on homos
>>
>>60371731
Yes.
I miss when Russia was a degenerate shithole and TATU was the favourite duo of every young Western girl.
Putin wants to restore the evil Soviet Union.
>>
>>60371731
mass media (propaganda) is a powerful thing

you see, russia was cool, now russia isn't cool meanwhile de facto, if you forget of news and just walk on streets, talk to people, it was always like this and nothing has changed.
>>
File: mXgUL6PmmHU.jpg (16 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
mXgUL6PmmHU.jpg
16 KB, 700x700
>>60374742
>>
>>60374836
>tfw living in the country of: "You're doing it wrong, do it how I do"
>>
>>60371731
>Russia turned evil again
To be fair there's no way Russia could give up Crimea, it's too strategically important. That'd be like Turkey giving up the passage into the Black sea or Spain giving up Gibraltar. No country would be that stupid.
>>
>>60375231
>or Spain giving up Gibraltar
>No country would be that stupid
mhm, m8...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.