[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people in your country think of American football. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: americanfootball.jpg (706 KB, 2500x1793) Image search: [Google]
americanfootball.jpg
706 KB, 2500x1793
What do people in your country think of American football. I often see the uniforms and cheerleaders fetishized in foreign media, even though it seems like we're the only guys that actually watch it.
>>
I like it. Actual football is just boring.
>>
>>60282917
you would need actual autism to enjoy stoppy-starty ball
>>
i love it, been watching it for more than 5 years.
>>
would be okay without all the commercials
>>
It's boring and has virtually no gameplay. It's ads followed by fat coach yelling for half an hour, two minutes of rugby copycat and theb ads again.
>>
>>60282958
That is true, it's a very autistic sport. One of the biggest appeals for Americans is the use of statistics and measurable progress. This is why fantasy football is a thing.
>>
>>60282958
This it would be like if in football it was only corners and the coach screamed what to do every other advert.
>>
>>60282917
Had several girls tell me they watch it just to look at dudes bums
>>
>>60282917
it's similar to rugby except they throw the ball forwards and stand around in tights instead of actually playing the game
>>
2 types of ppl interested in it
muscleheads who play in the local gorilla club and hispster fatsos whos cant lift anything heavier than a bottle of beer
>>
>Americans don't look forward to super bowl for the sport's sake
>Americans only watch super bowl to see budweiser commercials
>>
File: azisjojo.png (288 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
azisjojo.png
288 KB, 400x392
Bulgarians seem to like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_jVUTRPKx8
>>
Most of us confuse rugby with American football because of the shape of the ball
>>
>football
>foot isn't the main method of making the "ball" go forward
>"ball" is modeled after a chocolatr egg even though kinder eggs are banned
>>
File: comeon.jpg (34 KB, 752x701) Image search: [Google]
comeon.jpg
34 KB, 752x701
>>60283149
>Azis went from chubby transvestite to Chad Thundercockovich

IS NOTHING SACRED
>>
I played football for a year in middle school. It was never very important to me. I prefer baseball but I don't watch that either. Sports suck.
>>
>>60282917
Stupidest sport on earth
>high percentage of handegg players suffer from concussions
>high percentage of handegg players suffer from permanent brain injuries
>superball has more commercials than game

Just like everything else american LOL

play a real man's game you kiddos like Wrestling
>>
File: american football (14).jpg (90 KB, 928x685) Image search: [Google]
american football (14).jpg
90 KB, 928x685
>>60282917
>What do people in your country think of American football.

>Murica puts American prefix :O well done murica, cause its not Football.

>Love the uniforms

Some like it, even try to play it in some organized fashion, ex YU league or smthn, cause u know they just didn't make it in real football ;)

Ok tbqh, its muricas tradition, your game, seems ok and it works for you - lots of commercial time, its kinda strange watching a game like Rugby with so many pauses, Rugby has a flow, AmFoot is just one constant commercial break, but no need to bash it or smthn.
>>
>>60282917.
Some English people like American Football, but It's rarely mentioned outside of the internet. A London based company made a fantasy tabletop game based on it called Blood Bowl.
>>
>>60283235
It evolved from football, hence the name stayed the same
>>
>>60283335
you need to turn the trip back on so people will pay you attention tbqhwu smdh famalam
>>
>>60283689
>American football evolved in the United States, originating from the sports of association football and rugby football.
>>
>>60282981
That's why you go see them in person. Watching on the electric Jew slows down the gameplay.
>>
>>60283740
shut the fuck up cunt I am not a trip

do you want pics or somethign
>>
>>60283072
To paint with very broad strokes, family viewing parties are divided into two groups. One that's fat, older men who care too much, and the other that's the yung'ens and mothers. Both groups, however, enjoying eating salty party food and watching the exclusive, high budget commercials.
>>
>>60283818
I know it's you
There is no denying it ;v)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
Not so popular.
Tbh, Japanese prefer to watch soccer.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-06-03-04-17-19.png (301 KB, 1438x1830) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-06-03-04-17-19.png
301 KB, 1438x1830
>>60282996
If that were true baseball would still be top dog because mathematicians have modeled baseball very effectively.
>>
>>60282917
According to the NFL a third of the UK are fans of NFL.

In reality people mock it for being boring and like rugby for wimps. The genuine fans are autistic ameriboos.
>>
>>60282917
>What do people in your country think of American football?
Nothing. On average, nobody thinks about it.

I once tried to watch a match on espn or fox (I actually don't remember on which one) but got bored after a few minutes and changed the channel.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.