[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brazil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: foto-aerea-curitiba[1].jpg (189 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
foto-aerea-curitiba[1].jpg
189 KB, 640x428
Whats your honest non-memey opinion on this country?
>>
>>60266046

STOP ATTWHORING
>>
Above of all your country has positive image as an exotic and high developed country full of beaches, parties etc.
We know about favelas, but usually they're seen as something exotic and colorful, not gypsy tier villages.
>>
File: dronningens-skinketrickart.jpg (23 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
dronningens-skinketrickart.jpg
23 KB, 620x349
>>60266046
Brazil needs to be nuked or colonized by Denmark and we will fix Brazil
pic related our beautiful queen
>>
>>60266046
The only worthy cultural alternative of the USA immigrant country experiment. You were able to produce your own unique culture and traditions despite being a country filled with mixed background population which what made it to be special; the idea that all people of all colors can coexist and melt in degenerate hub is something amazing. However, it is suffering from a decay in many aspects whether socially, politically, or economically.
>>
We have potential and we really have competent people.

It's just commies really fucked everything up and it had a domino effect on the rest.

I'd say next elections it's our chance to fix things in a greater proportion, not all of it, but a considerable size.
>>
>>60267169
Too bad this is not true. Brazil is nothing like the US culturally. All the regions have really distinct cultures and histories. It's much more like a New World Austria-Hungary than a southern version of the US. The only thing that kept it together was the Emperor and the Imperial institutions that survived. Imagine all of Spanish America in one country. That's Brazil. A southerner is closer culturally to Argentina and Uruguay, while someone from the Northeast is closer to the Portuguese African colonies, specially the state of Bahia. It's a cultural clusterfuck desu.
>>
>>60266046
It has improved a lot in recent times, but is still a complete shithole except in some small safe havens that look like first world.
>>
>>60267340
I agree about the first line, I just don't share your optimism about the last one. I mean every single politicians in your country's parliament whether left or right has been involved in some sort of scandal it seems and the ones not indited are covering it up by helping inditing others.
>>
>>60267369
Could be, I never visited. But I still think it is a worthy experiment when it comes to having different set of views about what a mixed society would look like than in the USA.
>>
>>60267538
It's not a mixed society, but different societies sharing the same country and institutions. Sometimes it works and sometimes it won't work.
>>
>>60267465

True, corruption on the last govts were so big that pulled almost everyone into it. There's still some who are clean, but those guys literally have no power.

The good things is because of the Petrobras investigations, they are all throwing each other below the bus to save their asses. That's good for everyone.
>>
>>60267369

You are VERY ignorant and don't know shit about Northeast
>>
>>60267369

>A southerner is closer culturally to Argentina and Uruguay

Ele fala como se isso fosse uma coisa boa. Dois lixos de países. Paraná não tem nada a ver com essas bostas, gaúcho de merda.
>>
>>60267683
That's why I said Bahia, in case you didn't read or has terrible reading and comprehension skills.
>>
>>60267598
>It's not a mixed society
Are you going full southern Brazil is German on me? There are brown, white and black people everywhere there, yes or no?

>>60267621
Well, I hope it works out. A stable Brazil means a stable south america.
>>
>>60267779
>have
Fix'd.
>>
>>60267779

Baianos comem pizza, escutam rock, etc. São tão ocidentalizados quanto o resto. Falando merda baseada em estereótipo.
>>
>>60267787

Only time will say. But as long and they keep killing each other, i'm fine with it.
>>
>>60267787
Nah, I meant culturally. There are white, black and brown people everywhere, albeit with different percentages. I meant that you have solid cultural "monoliths" in every region and all of it's citizens will embrace it and integrate, whether they are black, brown, white or immigrants in general. Multiculturalism is not accepted.
>>
>>60267727

Por alguma razão, os channers do /int/ acham que o cone sul não é uma merda.
>>
>country
your average corrupt /big) 3rd world country, much like russia desu
>people
honestly, brasilians seem like super nice people. At least the ones that I've spoken to, and it kind of shows here on /int/ too. Self-humour - is all good.
>>
File: 1440806753072.jpg (132 KB, 732x794) Image search: [Google]
1440806753072.jpg
132 KB, 732x794
>>60267851
>eating pizza and listening to rock = cultural integration

Piss off. Russians and Arabs do the same, but that won't make him less Slavic or Arabic.
>>
>>60267683
I saw somewhere that 50 % of the population in Maranhao receives child-support while it was only 9 % in Sao Paulo
>>
>>60267994

Minha nossa, que CHOQUE CULTURAL ENORME um nordestino de classe média viajar pra uma cidade sulista...
>>
>>60267994
>them
Ffs what's up with the brain farts today
>>
File: 1460919561385.png (787 KB, 1196x925) Image search: [Google]
1460919561385.png
787 KB, 1196x925
>>60267787
In Sao Paulo there's mostly people of European ancestry and a few blacks/mixed. In northeast blacks/mixed are the majority but there are also European ancestry. In the north there are also many natives. so yes. See pic related
>>
File: america22.png (9 KB, 532x210) Image search: [Google]
america22.png
9 KB, 532x210
>>60268037
>>
>>60267924
I didnt think there's a such a big difference culturally between regions in Brazil tbqh
>>
File: 1451195010087.gif (2 MB, 468x244) Image search: [Google]
1451195010087.gif
2 MB, 468x244
>>60268037
Cry me a river. Someone from the Northeast is just as foreign to a southerner as a Peruvian and vice versa. Article related.

http://www.cartacapital.com.br/sociedade/-e2-80-9ceu-me-senti-um-exilado-dentro-do-meu-proprio-pais-e2-80-9d-2
>>
>>60268037

A maioria dos uruguaios em Fortaleza se comportavam como macacos na copa do mundo.
>>
File: Danni-Raupp_JOY-016[1].jpg (2 MB, 2002x2765) Image search: [Google]
Danni-Raupp_JOY-016[1].jpg
2 MB, 2002x2765
>>60266046
I was born in Porto Alegre but move to NYC when I was 2yo. I went to RS last year and really enjoyed the southern states. Most Brazilians in NYC are the Port Rio types who sort of look like monkeys, so it was nice to see proper white people, of course the last three states are not really Brazil and should be a distinct country. I speak no Portuguese, but my girlfriend is Argentinian and had no problems speaking with the locals in Portunhol. She says the NYC Brazilians sound like chimps at the zoo. It is too bad the rest of the world thinks Rio is Brazil.

pic: Average So. Brazilian girls.
>>
>>60267107
>beautiful
Kill self swinepeople
>>
>>60267851

>escutam rock

as Pitty isn't in pure freefall in her music because she is now selling her attitude and not her sci-fi rock as she should do
>>
>>60268158

>implying urgayians aren't white apes with legalized marijuana

uruguay is a myth
>>
>>60268134
That's because you know little about the country. It's like saying that Chile and El Salvador don't have big cultural differences just because they speak Spanish. São Paulo didn't even speak Portuguese until the early 19th century and the southernmost state only started to speak portuguese widely during the 30s.
>>
>>60266046
I don't care desu. Except for your jungles and football, brazil basically unknown here.
>>
>>60268134

There isn't. Especially in middle class. All middle classes are the same shit.
>>
>>60268220
The more you know, I guess.
>>
>>60268255
How can you not know about the country that is more germanic than Germany?
>>
File: Farage.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Farage.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>60268267
>look mom I just discovered /int/
>>
>>60268310

Swimmer is Finnish tho.
>>
Banana-based economy.
>>
>>60266046
My first image of brazil is women in bikinis with great asses.

Everything else is secundary.
>>
>>60268310
I just said the truth and didn't spout memes, as OP wanted to here. Brazilian people are nice in general, at least the ones I knew.

I don't know any products coming from Brazil nor anything what Brazil has contributed to. For most people you are only known for the samba culture.
>>
>>60268590
It's the same everywhere desu. People here only know Germany because of sausages and Hitler and sometimes not even that. Same shit everywhere desu, specially the one region representing the entire cunt. Bavaria nowadays is the german stereotype and the same happens to Rio.
>>
>>60268590

It's because this country is a banana republic and it doesn't have free market and big scientific projects. So this is why South America is irrelevant.
>>
>>60268715

>It's because this country is a banana republic and it doesn't have free market and big scientific projects. So this is why South America is irrelevant

Not only this. We don't have nukes too. It makes us more irrelevant.
>>
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/05/brazil_runs_into_the_reality_of_race.html

pretty much this sums up my thoughts about Brazil. Give it a read, it doesnt have the cringey /pol/ tier 55chan nazi larpers.
>>
>>60268859

This is FULL of bulshit, I don't want to Join Argentina and no shit spic countries.
>>
>>60268859

>Chile
>very European

HAHAHAHHA
>>
>>60268983

He never said a south brazil would join argentina. Just that it could easily join Argentina. To which I would kindly refuse. As would the Argies.
>>
Hellhole of favela gangs and trannies
>>
was listening to the radio about the rise in crime and how the pacification failed

it seems things are getting worse and the fear is what lies beyond the games
>>
>>60269123

>failed

It didn't failed, after the army got out and the Police had the control back. They favelado came back.
>>
>>60269097
>>60269123

American flags doesn't count, because it can be minorities like Hispanics. White Americans and Black Americans are more relevant.
>>
>>60266046
I probably like the south, in the north they have poison bugs and shit
>>
i see brazil as a worse version of us, honest answer
>>
>>60269176
I'm a Greek
>>
>>60268663
>People here only know Germany because of sausages and Hitler and sometimes not even that.

AHAHAHHAAH

Most Brazilians are Germanboos. Every Brazilian i know holds Germany in absurdly high regard and thinks everything there is perfect and created with perfection in mind.
>>
>>60266046
A big third world country with good soccer players.
>>
Corrupt shithole but hey your in South America so what did you expect
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.