[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes aside... Why wasn't I taught about Tesla in school?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Tesla_circa_1890.jpg (474 KB, 940x1260) Image search: [Google]
Tesla_circa_1890.jpg
474 KB, 940x1260
Memes aside... Why wasn't I taught about Tesla in school? We all learned about Edison etc.. But Tesla was never mentioned.. Not once.

What gives?
>>
>>60265596
Maybe they didn't want to encourage you to build a death ray.
>>
Actually I'm kind of glad they didn't mention Tesla, so I was free to discover him on my own. He's 1000% more badass that way.
>>
>>60265790
Don't you think that it's a bit ridiculous? Maybe learning about Tesla when I was 8 would've inspired me in a way? Iunno just find it pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>60265858
Did learning about Edison at 8 inspire you?
>>
>>60265963
No but Tesla was way more awesome than Edison.
>>
>>60265596
Because Tesla is a meme for teenagers so that they can feel smart
>>
Oh, you never heard of Nikolai Teslasen? He is a famous oilengineer from Norway.
>>
>>60265596
the shittiest science teaches about scientists. its like the level of science you find in pop fedora boards. real science really just teaches concepts and ideas strictly, scientists usually come up if a teacher or professor has some weird hard-on.

Weird personality cults are only really there for kids and people who like pop-sci, there are many scientists and engineers who don't get the tesla treatment.
>>
>>60266997 this

He's just a meme scientist or let's say a meme engineer because his later work proofs that he had no idea of the scientific method. Just building larger Tesla coils until your "concept" may work is not scientific I'd say.

The oatmeal comic about him is probably a bigger advancement in memeology than Tesla work for physics
>>
you learnt about edison in school? what class?
>>
just read a book about here and there are a lot

you shouldn't expect a school to hold your hand all your life, and he was mentioned
>>
>>60268040
here = him *
>>
they don't teach about him because he invented many things that are used now by US army and no one know about it. Changing weather and much more things.
>>
File: Michael Faraday.jpg (207 KB, 800x1036) Image search: [Google]
Michael Faraday.jpg
207 KB, 800x1036
>>60265596
I dunno. Michael Faraday is more important than both.
>>
File: friday.jpg (22 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
friday.jpg
22 KB, 500x376
>>60271227
>>
>>60265596
>american education
idk, we learnt most of the inventors from industrial revolution and all that
>>
>>60271227
Red Alert is not real life.
>>
>>60271395
OP is Canadian, though.
>>
>>60271451
same shit different leaf
>>
>>60271451
canada is in america though
>american education
>>
>>60271395
they taught you about the italian philosopher nicoloso di tesli in grade school?
>>
>>60265790
reddit
>>
>>60271574
>canada is in america
CHI
>>
>>60265790
Tesla wasn't a badass. He was an extremely intelligent neurotic autistic with big dreams but no desire to pursue them.
>>
>>60271736
He got to hang out with Mark Twain, that makes him cool in my book.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.