[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>40 hours of volunteer service in order to graduate high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: keep-calm-and-fuck-canada.png (42 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-fuck-canada.png
42 KB, 600x700
>40 hours of volunteer service in order to graduate high school
Fucking cancucks and their stupid rules. I had to do free labor just to graduate high school. Fuck this country. America is way better than this shithole.
>>
>>60262366
What province?

When the winter Olympics came to my province they made a bunch of arbitrary programs to try and make us look better than we were to the world. One of those was programs called portfolio that had the 40 hour job requirement. I had to yell at the Principle so they'd accept 6+ years of working at a family business.
>>
>>60262567
Ontario
>>
>>60262640
Oh, well it's because you live in Ontario then. Blame your parents for electing Wynne.
>>
>>60262683
This 40 hour bs was in place b4 Wynn became premier
>>
>>60262640
I've spotted the problem, you live in Ontario
>>
>>60262366
it's the same thing in new york.
>>
>>60262752
And it won't go away while you sit under another Liberal government.
>>
...can you not do 40 hours of service during four years of high school?

If you want to look reasonably well to universities, community service is almost required as well
>>
File: 1460018023506.png (17 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1460018023506.png
17 KB, 420x420
>have to do what basically is 20 assignments on homework and put it in a binder in order to graduate
>included stuff like the 40 hours of volunteer service
>did most of the assignments
>didn't do even an hour of volunteer service
>still graduated
Everyone is to busy thinking of weed and increasing teachers paychecks when they already earn the most out of any job
>>
>>60266500
As far as I know our universities don't give a fuck about community hours. They pretty much solely look at your top 6 grade 12 marks
>>
>>60266500
They don't care about community hours, why would they care you helped out at Wal-Mart or something?
>>
>>60266864
helping charities and being a moral person to the community != being a cashier at walmart

>>60266753
Maybe it's some Canadian thing, I could be in the wrong
>>
>>60267076
>helping charities
That isn't the volunteer stuff you are thinking about
The only stuff you are allowed to do is work that the school gives you, and helping charities weren't part of it
>>
>>60267688
Community service is essentially light-labor volunteer work

Unless your school assigns you to do nothing at chain-stores, community service is light-labor and fairly easy to accomplish
>>
I completed this by volunteering at the serbian classes my brothers went to.

Shit was easy af and it was fun to chill with serbian kids.
>>
>>60262366
mine was 75 and i graduated with like 150
>>
>go to fun athletic camp
>have fun and graduate

God I fucking hate you retards. It's called participating in your community even though 80% of you little shits just fake the forms anyways
>>
I just worked at a museum.
>>
>>60262366
I had to do the same thing. I think it's a requirement by the school district. I did mine at the library. I just read books and magazines in between shelving books and cutting paper decorations for the kids' section. Wasn't too bad.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.