[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which language has the best, most logical and most consistent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Download.png (11 KB, 320x144) Image search: [Google]
Download.png
11 KB, 320x144
Which language has the best, most logical and most consistent grammar?
Constructed languages don't count.
>>
Mandarin
>>
>>60223901
Japanese is pretty dank.
>>
>>60227332
simple but not consistent
>>
>>60223901
Mongolian my famalam. I'm not even shitposting, watch this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8emp5ea8p48
>>
>>60227504
Wow
>>
>>60227504
I should warn you that the phonetics on the other hand are pretty... weird, they speak like Slavoj Zizek.

Look up Easy Mongolian on Youtube to see what I mean.
>>
>>60228034
Wouldn't you say that phonetics are hard pretty much for any language you aren't familiar with?
>>
>>60228104
Not necessarily if the sounds are close. Spanish and Greek are not that closely related but they share pretty much the exact same sounds.

Mongolian isn't hard though, it's just weird, like they're trying to make a "sh" sound at the same time as another consonant.
>>
c++
>>
>>60228243
Interesting, that info about Greek and Spanish.

And lately, I have been having really constructive conversations with Brazilians, I feel like you guys are pretty awesome and undeserving of shit others give you here. Then again, this is 4chan
>>
>>60228357
Yeah, it's pretty cool. First time I heard Greek spoken I thought it was gibberish spanish. I'm talking about the European variety of Spanish, mind you, where the sounds are closer and they have retained the "th" sound for c and z.

Also we're merely human, there are Brazilian shitposters as well. Good and bad posters can come from any country, my friend, we as individuals should always strive to be the best we can be regardless of the conditions of our birth.
>>
>>60228243
>>60228357
>>60228530
[NOT THE SAME POSTER]
Another fun parallel between Greek and Spanish: the phonological shifts from Koiné to Demokriti are quite similar to the ones from Vulgar Latin to Spanish.
>>
>>60228575
Pretty cool, I didn't know about that. It reminds me of Grimm's Law, which happened similarly in a bunch of languages.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.