[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/int/, how did you learn English?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: engrish.jpg (88 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
engrish.jpg
88 KB, 500x557
/int/, how did you learn English?
>>
Cartoon Network and the video gayms
>>
I didn't, I'm American.
>>
>>60182032
Honestly surprised they didn't write six as chix.
>>
>>60182032
moslty by watching old simpsons episodes
>>
>>60182032
fow shizzle
>>
>>60182032
> ten, teen, teeen
kek
>>
>>60182032
by fucking youre mum
>>
cartoon network and watching too much toonami

also that pirated movies and drama
>>
File: 2302_zpscaf8da39.jpg (108 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2302_zpscaf8da39.jpg
108 KB, 640x480
>>60182032
I wanted to read Tsukihime, and since there was no Spanish translation at the time (8 years ago) I had to read it in English. I remember at first I used a dictionary to translate almost every word, but by the end of the game I could read the dialogues fluently. The vocabulary was considerably simple, that helped a lot.
Then followed literature and academic books that weren't translated to Spanish. Pretty much everything I read nowadays is in English because it's easier to get the books online.
I still need to use a dictionary when I read the classics, especially poetry like Milton or Keats, sometimes I find their vocabulary overwhelming.

I remember that when I was doing the bachelor some students complained about the lack of books in Spanish, most of the bibliography was in English and professors insisted that it was absolutely necessary for us to learn the language. I'm doing a master right now and ALL papers are in English.
Good thing I was a weaboo and had to learn English to pursue my weaboo interests.
>>
>>60182032
from my parents you fucking nigger
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>60182032
>TEN
>TEEN
>TEEEN
Fucking lmao
>>
>>60182207
top kek
>>
playing many videogames when younger and watching some tv shows in english. Then had to improve skills because needed it to study...(chinese cartoons didn't help me much because i get easily distracted by all that moe and kawaii shit)
>>
>>60182032
Went to a specific english school
>>60182207
Kop tek
>>
>>60182088
RARE
>>
My parents left me in preschool and I came home speaking a new language
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.