[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we Americans get so triggered over flag burnings? h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-05-31-20-32-52.png (1009 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-31-20-32-52.png
1009 KB, 1920x1200
Why do we Americans get so triggered over flag burnings?

https://youtu.be/xdqVdylOguo

https://youtu.be/MzFd8nU4TI8

https://youtu.be/yrkZjpkc0ZY
>>
Because we're one of the only nationalistic first world countries so our country's symbols actually mean something to us which shouldn't be used as a prop for an idiot to use as eye-grabber for whatever first-world-problem they have.
>>
>>60180657
This. If you look at the flag as the embodiment of the ideals we hold to be American, then you have absolutely no reason to burn it.

The only people who burn the flag are edgy teenagers and blm.
>>
I don't understand why people still burn the flag. Burning the flag used to be used for real social problems like War, (actual) human rights and liberties, corruption, etc. Now every dindu, spic, and tumblerina just burn it because somebody said a mean thing to them.
>>
Wouldn't you feel threatened if people burned flags with your name on them?
>>
Could we get a non American perspective in here?
>>
>>60181382
Why do you want other countries telling us why we feel this way?
>>
If the US flag was made in China, couldn't burning the flag be making a statement about Chinese manufacturing of Western goods?
>>
>>60180532
American identity is very fragile because they have no culture and the only symbols are the flag and bald seagull
americans get very upset about flag burnings because its exposing how fragile those symbols are
think of how an australian would feel if banter itself was burnt and destroyed, British if the Royal family were killed or French and the concept of surrender
>>
File: 1439109509879.jpg (65 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1439109509879.jpg
65 KB, 720x540
>>60181517
What exactly is your culture?
>>
>>60181562
SICK CUNTS
>>
>>60181452
I guess but that's one of the dumbest ways to do it since you'd have to buy the flag first.
It's like shooting yourself in the foot before you start a race.
>>
>>60181517
>America has no culture
>>
>>60180532

To be fair, I get triggered when I see the Union Flag being damaged. My father gets annoyed if he sees it flying the wrong way up, like we did in Canada one time.
>>
>>60181412
Because I care what other countries think about my country
>>
canadians aren't overtly emotional and irrational like a lot of americans. we do not care that quebecois can do this because it really only makes them look pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbIrrfS-MFs
>>
>>60181382
americans are highly emotionally reactive and boisterous. they really do half the time lack the collected cool you find in other countries.
>>
>>60180763
>>60180830

Conclusion: Flag burnings used to have real meaning when they happend, until millennials started doing them
>>
>>60181382
America is a new country and still fairly unsure about her identity. Americans cling to the flag and constitution because they still aren't sure what America is supposed to represent.

Also this >>60182060
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.