[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming to Uppsala Sweden, what to expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: uppsala.jpg (1 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
uppsala.jpg
1 MB, 3456x2304
I'll be moving to Uppsala to study for my master's degree. I have been to Sweden multiple times 6-7 years ago and I liked it a lot, but haven't been back since.

So what can I expect in Uppsala and Sweden in general this time around? Obviously, I have been hearing horror stories about the supposed downfall of Sweden but would like to hear something from the locals or people who have recently lived there/attended Uppsala university. How is life there over the sea these days?
>>
File: 1320092620800.jpg (244 KB, 674x674) Image search: [Google]
1320092620800.jpg
244 KB, 674x674
>>60050245
Gangbangers shooting gangbangers
Niggers throwing rocks at police vans
Gypsies begging in every corner
Take care to know what areas not to visit after dark.

That's about it

Have fun!
>>
don't stand up for any swedish women if they're attacked by refugees of peace, doesn't end well
>>
It's not a question of whether you will be raped, but how bad it will be. Rape is a given, nothing you do or say can change that. Everyone in Sweden gets raped regularly, it's just a fact of life here.

Once you come to terms with the loss of your anal viriginity, you'll have a great time here. Who know, you might even partake in some raping of your own.
>>
>>60050245
Labas, you cocksucker.

Central Uppsala is fairly homogenous and tranquil. Just stick to areas where the buildings predate the 1950's and you ought to be fine. Also, being Lithuanian might give you a decent immigrant alibi to fall back on should you get in a sticky situation involving a gang of shitskins.

Pro-tip: Stay the hell out of Gottsunda.

Prashom.
>>
>>60051861
So my pristine teen but escaping rape all those previous times in Sweden was a fluke? Or is this the new hip thing to do? Sorry, all your trends reach us years late if ever.

>>60051952
Ačiū! I assume Flogsta isn't in the pre 50's range though?

Also can anyone tell me anything about the student nations there? Are they a thing to take part in or are they just memes for first year students?
>>
>>60052745
It's located fairly close to the University grounds and the majority of people renting flats there are students, so you can consider it safe. A deviation from the norm.

Nations and student pubs are what Uppsala is all about. Highly recommended.

Where you at now? Vilnius or Kaunas?
>>
File: vikings.jpg (32 KB, 590x250) Image search: [Google]
vikings.jpg
32 KB, 590x250
meanwhile in Uppsala
>>
>>60053032
Nice, been hoping those might be fun. Thanks for the info. Vilnius, VU.
>>
>>60053405
Just be prepared to be mistaken for being Russian all the time. Swedes don't know shit about Lietuva.
>>
What are you going to study?
>>
>>60054103
One of the biology disciplines. Kept hearing Uppsala is good for natural sciences and the likes.
>>
>>60054715
I think it is pretty good for science.
>>
>>60050245
Uppsala born and raised here, currently studying at the university.

>So what can I expect in Uppsala and Sweden in general this time around?
The same thing as the last 6-7 times. Also, Uppsala is the student center of Sweden, if not all of Scandinavia. Loads of exchange students, loads of Swedish students too. We have these 'nationer' that I guess are kinda like american fraternities but without the douchebaggery, where you can buy beer for 2€ a piece and whatnot.

>Obviously, I have been hearing horror stories about the supposed downfall of Sweden
Literally memes, don't build your worldview from american /pol/tards that has never been to Sweden.

Of course, the politics are a bit weird, recently a lot of immigrants etc but it's nothing you will notice in your daily life.

>How is life there over the sea these days?
It's good senpai. Hit me up on skype if you want ask more about where to live/what there is to do etc.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
>>60054903
> Nothing you will notice in your daily life

MAXIMUS KEKKUS. Except 60 % of people outside being brown/niggers/africans, muslims everywhere, immigrant gangs acting threatful towards Swedes late at night if you are alone, immigrant males acting like slimy shits towards women at clubs, no rental apartments because immigranrs get them and rent paid for, gotta wait years for healthcare because poor refugees are prioritized, male/female ratio of 1.2/1, dirty everywhere immigranrs spend time outside during summers

Yeah Except that. Uppsala is however still a pretty homogeneous clean city, as are other University cities. Stockholm, Borlägne, Södertälje, Malmö etc are genuine shitholes in alot of aspects
>>
I visited Uppsala a while ago and everywhere it was filled with Afghani 15-25 year old refugee children walking in gangs screaming at people and being intimidating. The city has a couple of no go zones and it's likely it will be complete chaos this summer.

> Also, Uppsala is the student center of Sweden, if not all of Scandinavia
lel no, it's not even in the top 5 biggest universities in Sweden and the city is the 4th biggest. 90% of the city are not students and is mostly shitskins. It's also a crappy university filled with SJW-trash.
>>
>>60055312
>Except 60 % of people outside being brown/niggers/africans
depends on where you are, but most of the time nah
>immigrant gangs acting threatful towards Swedes late at night if you are alone, immigrant males acting like slimy shits towards women at clubs
Never happened to me, but then again I don't go clubbing much
>no rental apartments because immigranrs get them and rent paid for
maybe north gottsunda, but you wouldn't want to live there anways
>gotta wait years for healthcare because poor refugees are prioritized
no, you gotta wait years because the politicians have fucked up the whole healthcare system by applying some stupid american model of privatization
t. medfag
>dirty everywhere immigranrs spend time outside during summers
i honestly think this is confirmation bias
>>
>>60055543
Go back to /red dick/. You are delusional. Your medicine campus and your integrated friend Navid from Iran isnt the rest of Sweden.
>>
>>60055423
Isn't Lund the more SJW leaning university or is it just general thing there?
>>
>>60057804
It's a tie. Lund is bigger on parties though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.