[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is China getting memed on way more than before?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
Is it just me or is China getting memed on way more than before? Is this the price that we must pay for being so relevant and powerful? I guess being big and mighty makes you a big target as well.
>>
>>60038639
>we
>american flag

gb2 canada or australia chink
>>
China always gets the rap here since day one but due to russia being under sanctions and the ME working out alike a vietnam-cancer the natural thing would be to drift the next eye-sore which is ofc China

it has more to do with what people willing to waste their emotions on than any kind of strategic relevance because that hasn't changed since the 90s, fear is the great mover
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 478x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 478x417
>>60038686
gb2 Mongolia =]
>>
>>60038639
you eat little boy piss eggs
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x1056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x1056
Well there's been three memes since 2014
>Chinese air pollution will kill everyone
Meanwhile it has fallen 40% since 2010.
>Chinese all eat dogs
No. That's the Yunnanese and most Chinese are trying to ban it in Yunnan.
>China's economy is collapsing
No it's growing (actually) about 6% a year which is a slowdown from 7% in 2012.
It's economy had added the most to world growth every year since 2007.
>Chinese have no manners
Chinese do. But they are far more pragamatic as a people.
It's generally the poor farmers that give Chinese a bad name.
>all Chinese hate Japan
No. Most do not. Most hate Abe though.
>Chinese hate ASEAN
No. They do not. They see them as minor nations with interesting cultures. Pew Polls shows that the feeling isn't very mutual though.
>Chinese can't access 4chan
They can.
>Chinese live in a dystopia and there's no freedom of speech.
No. For the most part there's freedom of speech. But political attacks on the government are censored, and massive protests are dispersed.
>>
>>60038781
?

>>60038761
Pretty much. Russia lost its primetime after Crimea and Ukraine quieted down.
Then it was ISIS.
Now China is the new American media enemy. Hopefully there's not a new cold war over some minor islands.

>>60038686
America has 5 million Chinese. Swang-guk Jeoson
>>
>>60038912
>For the most part there's freedom of speech
lul
>>
>>60039018
it's getting better
>>
>>60039027
c'mon bruv
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/07/china-ramps-up-panama-papers-censorship-after-leaders-relatives-named
>>
>>60039018
There is.

Go there. Foreigners don't even get touched over freedom of speech.

It's almost purely political protests, blogs, news stories that criticize the government.

Day to day life, and especially the government's economic policies , are criticized daily.

Just look at SMP or Baidu/Weibo. There's a lot of perfectly free discussion.

Statistically only about .05% of online articles are censored. The government is simply incapable of stopping it all.
>>
>>60039126
that's interesting but not surprising
>>
File: LMAO ZEDONG-.jpg (26 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
LMAO ZEDONG-.jpg
26 KB, 550x343
>China
>Free speech
>>
>>60039126
Did you not read what I specifically said in my post?
>But political attacks on the government are censored,

You don't have to be able to always be able to criticize the government to have generally free speech in your country.
China has 95% of what America has when it comes to free speech.

Of course, the 5% that is censored is quite important.

But it's a meme that you'll be thrown in jail just for screaming "fuck Mao" ten times on the street. You'll get glares but nothing will happen.

Like it or not, but China is a lot freer than it was just 5-10 years ago.
>>
>>60038639
>Is it just me or is China getting memed on way more than before?
How so?
>>
>>60039205
No one said they had Free Speech.

>>60039178
It's also because the Panama Papers haven't been confirmed by any government as fully legitimate.

Also, the connections and allegations are sometimes absurd.

For example, Xi's sister-in-law's daughter's cousin is listed as "politically connected" in the Panama Papers.
And most of what is listed is not necessarily a crime.
>>
>>60039232
There's simply more threads recently on 4chan because of the SCS, China's greatly exaggerated economic slowdown, and their shitty pollution.

I point out the memes here>>60038912
>>
>>60038912
There's a lot more than that, homie. Most of them are on /pol/ though and I'm not going to mention any of them considering how vitriolic and offensive they are.
>>
>>60039394
Despite the meme that /pol/ = /int/... There's a decent barrier between them and us.

I've seen a few posting supposedly Chinese gore threads. Funny enough some of the webms aren't even from China.

China is becoming relevant though. It has to start improving its image.
/pol/ will shit on anything not white.
>>
>>60039466
>China is becoming relevant though

China already is relevant. And not a single person in the world can deny that fact. But with relevance come the memes...
>>
Just wait until China dares to challenge the West openly and western media launch the attack, you will be fucking overwhelmed.
>>
>>60039867
>and western media launch the attack
More than they have already? They'll look even less credible.
>>
>>60039867
China won't because it depends on the west
>>
>>60040011
What is the South China Sea?
>>
>>60040041
doesn't wipe billions of dollars of foreign debt
>>
File: 1415150952002.png (59 KB, 624x434) Image search: [Google]
1415150952002.png
59 KB, 624x434
>>60040073
and who exactly is going to claim that debt?
>>
>>60040120
sovereign debt never go away as long as the country survives, it outlives governments just ask germany
>>
>>60040162
It outlives countries as well, Russia was paying off Soviet debt.
>>
>>60038912
>Chinese can't access 4chan
Yeah, but they can't post without a 4chan pass.
>>
t.chink who lives in America but loves the China cock
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.