[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada and Quebec
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 650x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 650x326
How influential is Quebec on Canadian politics at the moment? Is it a major force in politics or is it just an anti-Canadian pressure group like the SNP is in Scotland with England

Also who does Trudeau identity with the most, is he pro or anti frog? Id assume he likes the quebecers because of his name
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x267
Bump
>>
>>59901955
>How influential is Quebec on Canadian politics at the moment?

I'm not sure what you mean. I suppose roughly proportionally? They have the same percentage of the seats in the House of Commons as they have a percentage of the country's population, so there's no issue there. Quebec MPs also aren't inherently more influential than MPs from the rest of Canada, unlike Scottish MPs in Westminster (what with the West Lothian question).

If you're referring specifically to Quebec separatism's effects on Canadian politics, they're pretty minor at the moment. The Bloc Quebecois (the Quebec separatist party representing the province in the federal government) has only a handful of seats, and popular sentiment for independence in Quebec is about as weak right now as it has ever been.
>>
File: Wq4kZMb6.jpg (84 KB, 776x776) Image search: [Google]
Wq4kZMb6.jpg
84 KB, 776x776
>>59901955
Pierre Trudeau quite LITERALLY kekolded them into non-existence
>>
>>59901955
Less influence than they had 10 or 15 years ago, separatism is pretty much dead at the moment.

Trudeau is very federalist (his father was as well), the Liberal Party at both the federal and provincial level is federalist where the Bloc Québécois (federal) and the Parti Québécois (provincial) are separatist.
>>
Bloc Québécois was the official opposition ;-;
>>
File: 23857325.jpg (36 KB, 512x551) Image search: [Google]
23857325.jpg
36 KB, 512x551
>>59903184
Only because Mulroney killed the PC party beyond all hope until based Harps came along
>>
>>59903184
Based reform party. The west will rise again
>>
Having a French name or French blood really doesn't mean shit. Consider how many people in Canada have that outside of Quebec. Doesn't mean you're gonna be pro Quebec sovereignty by default or something. It's really only among those that live there and are obsessed with muh language.
>>
>>59903184
Based
>>
Quebec is the only good province
>>
>>59901955
>who does Trudeau identity with the most

Him and his father are/were staunch Federalists (Which means they are totally against Quebecois Nationalism). The Trudeau's are Quebeckers by birth, but that's as far as their Quebecness goes.
>>
File: pei_logo.jpg (52 KB, 896x560) Image search: [Google]
pei_logo.jpg
52 KB, 896x560
>>59903532
That's where you're wrong my friend

Best province coming through
>>
https://www.strawpoll.me/10311069

BTFO
>>
>>59903532
>a fat american recites the brainwashing

Yes :^) and Russia is ebic! Based American opinions
>>
>>59903616
>/pol/io
pls go
>>
File: 1414072533541.jpg (22 KB, 436x474) Image search: [Google]
1414072533541.jpg
22 KB, 436x474
>>59903673
Truth hurts I see
>>
>>59901955
>is he pro or anti frog
>anti frog
>frog
That's racist!
>>
>>59903812
S..sorry senpai
>cedes normandy
>>
>>59903532
>mississipi is the best state
>>
Good news that separatism support is low, feels bad when a constituent part of your country wants to break off

Stay united Canada
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.