[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will America ever be apart of Eurovision? I hope so.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 463x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 463x417
Will America ever be apart of Eurovision? I hope so.
>>
>stage falling over the jewry
pls let it happen
>>
>>59800070
And I hope for Canada
>>
>>59800070
why do you want this? the majority of europeans do not like us so why bother? accept it
>>
>>59800294
But the majority of Americans like Europeans, so why not?
>>
I'd love if somebody entered with a metal remix of "America, Fuck Yeah."
>>
>>59800070
Make your own song contest with Canada and Mexico. Let us
>>
>>59800070
Would be fun. Although I worry that Americans would take it to seriously and send A-listers.
>>
Serious question here.

I watched the performance of "1944", and I have to ask: are the songs actually supposed to be good?
>>
>>59800070
Rather have U.S. than Turkey Tbh
>>
>send Tswift
>win
Not gonna happen, mr.Goldstein
>>
>>59800472
nah it's a political contest with songs. Good songs don't win you shit.

>>59800548
US probably wouldn't have a very good chance regardless of who they send due to the nature of the contest.
East bloc doesn't like the U.S.
>>
>>59800070

Probably not any time soon

>“No I don’t think so, and for a very simple reason: we need a domestic audience in order to bring in an act from a country outside Europe. They need to build an audience in the US. If you remember Australia and the arguments we had when we invited them – they have broadcast the show for more than 30 years, they have a huge fan base. So no, there is for the time being no discussions of bringing other countries to the contest. But this could change.”
>>
>>59800750
So 30 years from now.

I guess our first song will be about how great it is to be Mexican.
>>
>>59800750
U.S. broadcast the Eurovision for the first time ever this year
>>
>>59800451
kek USA can win with ball bag
>>
>>59800451

or the whole of the americas
>>
>>59800472
Maybe 1-2 per year
>>
>>59800623
Lolwut? The butthurt belt loves the US, they're obsessed with NATO to save them from the *perceived* Russian threat.
>>
>>59800472
2014 had 2 good (for Eurovision standards) songs, Finland and Iceland. Don't remember the names but I'm sure they'll pop up right away on youtube.
>>
Eurovision doesn't have much commercial possibilities because there are no commercial breaks while filming. It's no problem for european countries with National Public Television channels where it's not allowed to have commercial breaks during the show. But you don't have that in America.
>>
>>59800294
>the majority of europeans do not like us so why bother?
/int/ + memes ≠ real life
I wouldn't say the majority though it does vary a bit across europe
>>
>>59800070
do americans watch Eurovision?
>>
>>59800070
Clinton voter spotted
>>
>>59801560
Well it only started airing here this year.

So no, but maybe in the future.
>>
They don't want us cause they know we'd win every year
>>
I propose we start AmericoVision and pit all of the states and territories (and probably DC too) against each other.

We can use state songs as national anthem (bonus points if they're all up-beat versions of them), and confuse everybody with the state flags with the exception of Texas.

Here's Illinois, for an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeIWcxP2tnI
>>
Why doesn't the UK ever send good performers?
Their music dominates the entire world but they only send absolute shit to the Eurovision.
Why is this?
>>
>>59801474
What, common folk? I'd say only you are the no1 cocksucker of amis, on the mainlaind they're not actively hated and no one will be rude to an actualy american tourist, it's just a notion in our heads about america the state that is unpleasant.

I dont want them in my eurovision tho
>>
>>59804356
yes
I want this to happen so much. we can invite Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands too
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.