[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The same old story about the French being french
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14
File: detective fucktard.jpg (36 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
detective fucktard.jpg
36 KB, 320x240
A Paris-based expat here.

I've got a butthurt about how the cheese-eating surrender monkeys are really bad at English. It's like talking to dogs, except that dogs could eventually understand at least smth. How could that have happened in the center of Europe?
>>
Tu quoi ?
>>
>>59695482
>"boo hoo i can't learn french and i don't even know how to ask for burgers"
>>
>>59695633
"hello, yes, give me ze burger, give it to me NOW"

rate
>>
>>59695482
>detective fucktard
made me chuckle
>>
>>59695679
gonna die of starvation/10
>>
France why do you love frogs and black people so much?
>>
>>59696098
we didn't elect a black president though

>white house status
>BLACKED
>>
File: frenchman.jpg (9 KB, 200x299) Image search: [Google]
frenchman.jpg
9 KB, 200x299
>>59695482
>englishman goes into Parisian pub on a sunday
>"yes i'd like one roast beef please, with yorkshire todgers"
>>
>>59695482
french are really arrogant
they think french is lingua franca and there is no reason to learn any other language
>>
>>59696323
Fuck you, germans are way more rude than us.
>>
>>59696579
I am afraid I have to diagree with you on that
>>
File: 68.png (260 KB, 666x333) Image search: [Google]
68.png
260 KB, 666x333
>>59695482
>going to France and not knowing any French
>expecting the French to bend over backwards to cater to your plebian ass
You're as bad as the Pacos that come over here and expect everything to be in Spanish
>>
File: well ok.jpg (49 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
well ok.jpg
49 KB, 600x427
>>59696173
>eating yorkshire todgers
as if there was smth wrong in eating dicks
>>
>>59696323
Unlike you cucks, the French have something to be arrogant about.
>>
>>59696684
that would be the case if English was my native tongue, which is not. You might try guessing which is, though.
>>
File: 149.gif (482 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
149.gif
482 KB, 256x192
this is gonna be a gr8 thread
>>
File: popcorn look.gif (2 MB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
popcorn look.gif
2 MB, 320x179
>>59696867
>>
>>59696323
I always wonder how do people like that even go on holiday anywhere?

>Sir, can you please open your bag for me.
>Pardon? Je ne parle pas anglais...
>SIR, I AM A FEDERAL OFFICER OF THE UNITED STATES AUTHORIZED TO USE NECESSARY FORCE. OPEN YOUR BAG.
>Comment? La bag-uette..?
>OFFICER UNDER HEAVY THREAT I NEED BACKUP, REPEAT OFFICER UNDER THREAT
>>
File: france_usa_friendship.jpg (34 KB, 600x311) Image search: [Google]
france_usa_friendship.jpg
34 KB, 600x311
>>59696752
Based.

And fuck you OP, why come to France if you're too retarded to speak french.
>>
>>59696867
someone should try to talk about dubbed movies too, to add some spices
>>
French are amphibians.
>>
>>59696979
There is a fucking difference between being on vacation, in which case people you will need to talk to are only qualified personnal in hostels who obviously need to be fluent in english in any country, and being an expat like OP who literaly pushes his pig disgusting bastardized version of french down the throats of everyone he meets.
>>
>>59697148
I was talking about when the average Frenchman who doesn't speak English goes somewhere other than Morocco.
>>
>>59697247
Oh well, most people I know who don't speak english just speak loudly and slowly, wave their hands and put english endings to french words hoping it makes sense, and tbf, most of the time it does.
>>
File: yo dawg.jpg (29 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
yo dawg.jpg
29 KB, 500x409
>>59696980
>why come to France if you're too retarded to speak french
See, that's what I'm talking about. You're too arrogant and think that french is the uppermost of all languages. I'm not expecting everyone to talk a flawless Standard English. I'd be glad if an average Parisian could at least understand what I'm saying to him or her.

Even a dog would make a better progress in English than an average Frenchman, and you know why? Because it's not as stubborn as you are
>>
>>59695482
If you live in Spain learn Spanish, if you live in Japan learn Japanese, if you live in Iceland learn Icelandic...etc
Si tu vis en France, apprends le français

Shit thread
>>
>>59697247
Moroccans hate the French though, they jumped at any opportunity to speak English instead. Having said that if op is not a proxy he should probably kill himself.
>>
>>59697407
It's only common sense to learn the language of the place you are living in
And you probably know it, for all I know you are a shitposting frog
>>
>>59697407
>hey I'm going in France ehehe baguette omelette romantic citye jelly dudes ?

He goes to Paris.

From here, your opinion is discarded.
Otherwise, you come in France you expect peoples don't speak english you anglotard, we're one of the least cucked country concerning the American imperialism.
>>
>>59697407
>Because it's not as stubborn as you are
The main reason everyone sucks so much in english is because school is terrible at teaching us anything, and particularly languages, I'm sure most people would be glad to speak english more fluently.
However, even I, who is kinda fluent in english, would really be pissed of if an american, living in France (so not a tourist) would come to me and start speaking in english. I would answer in French and probably pretend I didn't understand, because in our culture it's considered disrespectful. So deal with it and start learning some basic french instead of complaining on 4chan.
>>
>>59697407
well now i speak flawless english i still don't like you and i will still send you to the ghetto when you ask for the nearest metro
>>
>>59697441
Fuck you and your logic, anon. Give me a rational explanation why would I need to learn french to be understood in France while, for instance, I don't need to learn German to be understood in 99% parts of Germany.

I bet that even in slums of Nigeria the ratio of people who talk english is higher than in Paris
>>
>>59697679
Because we aren't cucks as far as language goes
>>
>>59697679
>I don't need to learn German to be understood in 99% parts of Germany.
except that's wrong

have you ever actually been to Germany?
>>
>>59697679
Ok I was about to congratulate you for your nice quality baiting but with this post it just became too obvious. You can stop now.
>>
>>59696826
Arabic? Somali?
>>
>>59697679

Why the fuck do you come in France then fucking retard ?
We don't miss you you know
>>
>>59697641
>flawless english
Floorless*
>>
>>59697581
I'm not talking about me learning local tongue (which I do, of course). But that is none of your business, son.
I'm talking about you, filthy frenchie. You're disgustingly arrogant about speaking english
>>
>>59695482
>expat
immigrant* you mean
>>
File: 217reby.png (120 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
217reby.png
120 KB, 622x626
>>59697679
HE GOING ALL OUT
>>
>>59696653
c'est vrai, you're not just rude, you're also autistic
>>
>>59697831
>I'm talking about you, filthy frenchie.

But I am speaking English right now , what's your point
>>
>>59697600
>would intentionally answer in French
/thread
>>
>>59697924
I'd do it too, expecting us to know English like you own the place is arrogant in the first place
>>
>francanians unironically responding to this subhuman american

We dismiss them here too regardless of the fact they speak English
>>
>>59698056
this
>>
>>59698083
Yeah but it's not like we haven't acknowledged it's a bait
>>
>>59697828
>Why the fuck do you come in France then fucking retard?
huehuehue, seems like someone doesn't like being criticized
also, rational thinking is not for you, as I see from your argumentaion
>>
>>59698083
You are dangerously close to not getting a tip.
>>
>>59698165
>as I see from your argumentaion

It's an anonymous board in case you haven't noticed, you haven't been talking to only one guy
>>
>>59695482
>expat
inmigrants FUCK OFF
>>
>>59698211
Yeah, I know. I've been talking about the flawed argumentation of that one particular post, where he (or she) implied in a form of a rhetoric (and rude) question that if I'm going to France then I should learn some French.
>>
File: lelfag.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
lelfag.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>59698449
>Gets mad
>Literaly started the thread with "cheese-eating surrender monkeys" and "like talking to dogs"

K den
>>
>>59697729
except that's true

I was expecting a fact-based counter-argument
>>
>>59698663
I live in Alsace and I can tell you it's wrong
>>
>>59698730
Kek
>>
>>59697837
I've got no intent to stay here, so I'm an expat, not an immigrant
>>
File: 069.jpg (9 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
069.jpg
9 KB, 217x232
>>59698730
>Alsace
that's not even Germany, dude
>>
File: 1779371.png (42 KB, 250x211) Image search: [Google]
1779371.png
42 KB, 250x211
>>59698995
Is it not
>>
>>59698616
Well, you frenchies really messed up in WWII and you're really bad in English, so I was just saying the things the way they are, no offence.
>>
would you guys help me if i start conversation with
>bonjour si vous plait je ne parlais pas francais,parlez vous anglais?
>>
>>59699367
That would be a much better start, and you would find out that much more people would actually try to help if you show that you at least made the effort ot learning some basic stuff.
>>
>>59699560
well thats about everything i know of french,that and how to introduce myself
>i might go to france this summer for holidays
>im a bit scared cuz i dont know french
>>
>>59699658
I usually start with "Pardonne moi, je ne parlais par francais", and then switch to english. It works, roughly, half of the times: some people start to mildly ignore me (because of lack of english, I guess), some switch to (very basic) frenglish.

But still, it's a good idea to start a conversation with a (bubbling) frenchie with a bit of a flattery
>>
>>59699658
Don't worry, touristic places, monument, buildings and other landmarks have people who can speak English, just don't expect every random guys in the street to do it.

Try to search for "office de tourisme", pretty much every cities have one, and they have people speaking several languages.

But as I said, always try to speak French first if you have to talk, even if you switch just after. You can have one of those tiny reference books in your pocket and take it when you speak even if it's for the show. If you show made some efforts, you'll find out that people will be much more keen on making some efforts for you too. And try to target people in their 20's or 30's.

Avoid shitty hoods and gypsies, but I guess I don't have to tell you.
>>
>>59700286
>zis iz maii farst trip
you just love that french accent stereotype huh?
>>
Inb4 native frenchies will explode massively, I should warn you, my little collaborationists: all opinions of posters with french flags (except mine, ofc, I'm not a frenchie) are automatically discarded. You're too subhuman when it comes to the language skills. And also immigration policies. And also bureaucracy. But that's not the main subject of the discussion.

desu I was expecting frenchies to reply something like that, "Oh, man, you're right about our language problems and we're really sorry we don't speak English as well as other first-world countries do, but we're working on it".
Instead, I got tons of arrogant (and mostly butthurt) answers with no constructive elements at all. Also, I've been accused of "pushing English down the throat of poor Frenchmen" while not being a native Englsish speaker at all, oh irony.

Seriously, France, when it comes to your national self-esteem (and french language as a part of that), looks like you really got some issues.
>>
File: (You).png (780 B, 52x27) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
780 B, 52x27
>>59701201
>>
nobody cares
that's what you don't get
we have no feelings one way or the other you're just boring everyone with that topic
>>
>>59696579
no, they aren't. fuck the french
>>
>>59695482
>anglos and their princess complex
>>
French kicks my ass phonetically speaking. My inability to understand them is really a barrier
>>
>>59701780
WHAAAAAAAAT
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.