[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you use other countries' flags in your country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: untitled.jpg (1 MB, 1980x1629) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
1 MB, 1980x1629
How do you use other countries' flags in your country?

In America, we often use the Dutch flag to indicate that a store is open.
>>
Apart from pubs maybe having a flag which shows what themed pub it is (Irish, Yankie, Aussie). I'd say never.
>>
>>59689860
For what purpose?
And we use the french flag to wipe our arse with
>>
>>59689910
This.
>>
>>59689860
Why?
>>
>>59689860
We do too.
Why do you do it though?
>>
>>59689860
Can't think of a time we use other countries flags.

>>59689967
Dutch immigration maybe? Americans have all sorts of things that are European imports.
>>
Target practice.
>>
Its not really accepted for individuals to use the flags of other countries.
>>
>>59689914
>>59689951
>>59689967

I don't know why but it's true

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V2KC64A?psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/Open-Flag-Large-Banner-SIGN/dp/B00ESB7X4I
> Open flags have long since been at the core of grass roots marketing. Hoisted they become a landmark for reference and recognition, and although not specifically stated, the connotation with OPEN flags is that there are sales or specials being offered as an introduction to local patrons.
>>
we put the scottish flag together with ours and a version of the irish flag to have as our national falg
>>
>>59690028
we also use the british flag on the hawaiian flag

That's like 4 flags in one
>>
>>59689967
Never seen it

>>59690005
Do they sell stroopwafels and bitterballen when that flag is used?
>>
>>59689860
we plant our flag so that terrorists will know where to attack
>>
File: hawaiii.png (1 MB, 3336x1106) Image search: [Google]
hawaiii.png
1 MB, 3336x1106
>>59690053
the hawaiian flag also admittedly drew inspiration from the US flag so as to keep neutrality from British and American contestation in the pacific. so its 5

though i prefer their native flag
>>
Irish/british one for pubs
Italian or sometimes spanish one for restaurants

Regular ones in front of embassies

That's about it I think
>>
>>59690057
No, usually it's used for shops that aren't big chains
>>
File: outsource.jpg (24 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
outsource.jpg
24 KB, 375x500
>>59689860
>>
>>59689860
Fun fact: Dutch is the only language outside of English that uses open to mean open. As in, the Dutch word for open is "open".
>>
>>59690193
That's funny, I wonder if it's a coincidence that those flags say open
>>
File: image.jpg (271 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271 KB, 1280x960
As mark of restaurants that is this flag's country or imported goods store.
Incidentally, often Indian flag and Nepalese flag is decorated together.
>>
>>59689999
nice quads and i agre is not accepted , many countries do not allow this but brits use theirs as stock/marketing item, not to mention dutch west indian company flag or murican east one
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.