[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kurdistan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Kurdistan-Map.jpg (44 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Kurdistan-Map.jpg
44 KB, 480x320
What are the prospects of a free and independent Kurdistan?
How would a free and independent Kurdistan change the dynamics of the Middle East?
>>
completely pointless

kurds are niggers and don't deserve their own country

shitty nato plan to divide middle east and create puppet government
>>
>>59630427
slim to none, unless their country only consisted of Syrian and Iraqi Kurdistan
>>
Turkey would never let it happen. But the Kurds now control their portion of Northern Iraq and parts of northern Syria so they'll get some sort of autonomy there
>>
>be Europe
>just finished WW1
>have to divide the middle east after dismantling the disgusting turks
>think that maybe this should be done thoughtfully and with consideration to the ethnic groups
>nah, i'll just draw arbitrary lines everywhere
it's not like it'll ever amount to anything important in the world stage, right?
>>
File: 1463720787649.jpg (69 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1463720787649.jpg
69 KB, 480x320
>>59630427
Grey area doesn't have kurds
>>
>>59630427
Very slim
It would act as a buffer state between Turkey and Iran, as well as piss off all Turks everywhere.
>>
They don't want a Kurdistan. They want autonomous federations within extant borders.

Think about it. If you physically broke away from Iraq/Syria, then Turkroaches would have no reason not to swarm your country the very next day. The threat of war with actually countries is what keeps these roaches away.
>>
>>59630427
It's not like we don't already face enough problems from dividing land up in the Middle East from years back!

Seriously, anyone who falls for the "viva la kurdistan!" meme is gullible as hell. If you seriously believe you're gonna partition thousands of square miles of inhabited land without a backlash, then you're in for a real surprise.

To this very day, we still feel the impact of the 1947 UN partition of Palestine, and that was just a small strip of land. Magnify that by hundreds of times, and you have yourself another massive ethnic war.
>>
>>59630934
Addition: It's not that I am completely against a Kurdish autonomous state, however.

It's just that you need to take things one step at a time. Baby steps first. Make sure that everyone's voice is heard.
>>
>>59630985
>democracy is the answer
nice meme
>>
>>59631003
When did I say anything about democracy lol.

I said make sure that "everyone's voice is heard" to explain how to avoid another Israel-Palestine.

If you declare Kurdistan a country without first addressing people who already live there, then you're gonna cause more problems than you're solving. It would work against the Kurds, since the Arabs & Turks would probably do some ethnic cleansing.
>>
>>59631070
>I said make sure that "everyone's voice is heard" to explain how to avoid another Israel-Palestine.
apologies, i thought democracy was what you meant by that
>>
>>59631097
No worries mate
>>
>>59630510
Are there zero kurds in Silifke/Mersin area? Im travelling there in next month
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.