[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Magdalene Laundries in Ireland, also known as Magdalene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (4 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 KB, 205x246
>The Magdalene Laundries in Ireland, also known as Magdalene asylums, were institutions, generally run by Roman Catholics, that operated in Ireland in the 20th century. They were run ostensibly to house "fallen women". An estimated 30,000 women were confined in these institutions in Ireland. In 1993, a mass grave containing 155 corpses was uncovered in the convent grounds of one of the laundries.

Any other countries got some cheeky secretive mass murders? Roasties got rekt
>>
The Magdalene Laundries are a large part of the reason your country is welcoming niggers, faggots and trannies. You shouldn't be reveling in it like a fucking retarded rat.
>>
>>59572164
Lslpwoap

XXDDDD
>>
>>59572321
You're the reason Ireland will never be united.
>>
No, just Ireland
>>
File: Tell_Me_The_Story_Lenny.jpg (43 KB, 493x486) Image search: [Google]
Tell_Me_The_Story_Lenny.jpg
43 KB, 493x486
>The Bon Secours Mother and Baby Home, St Mary's Mother and Baby Home, or simply The Home, was a maternity home for unmarried mothers and their children that operated between 1925 and 1961 in Tuam, County Galway, Ireland. It gained notoriety due to allegations in 2014 of the apparent burial of up to 800 children's bodies in a mass grave on the site, and the high death rates of its residents.
>>
>>59572618

I sincerely hope those bodies weren't little babas, if so that's just wrong

Never heard of this one tho what the fuck
>>
>>59572743
Most of them were yea.

1961 too. What a jive.
>>
Good thread m8.
>>
how the fuck did Ireland changed so drastically so quickly? A mere 40 years ago they were still zealous as fuck and they were resisting very strongly the tide of social liberalism and secularism which was sweeping across the Western World, now they're essentially the same as any Western European country.
>>
There's nothing wrong with mass graves
>>
>>59575866
they finally could afford tvs and wanted to become americans like everyone else
>>
Eastern Europe had Stalinists creating mass graves, and Western Europe had...nuns.
>>
>>59575866
It didn't really change that quickly, the laws are slow to change more than anything and that's still the case. Mass media is responsible for a lot of it though, especially as Catholic censorship waned. With that said a lot of people here are still resistant to abortion (some retards will claim the opposite because their friends are pro-choice but it's simply not true).
>>
>>59572164
>his flag
>talking about welcoming niggers, faggots and trannies
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.