[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
english to foreigners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: goodenglish.png (7 KB, 302x88) Image search: [Google]
goodenglish.png
7 KB, 302x88
what does english look like and sound like to foreigners? what about before you learned the language? as an amerifat i will never have the joy of learning the most inconsistent and ridiculous language ever.
not to mention the language with the largest vocabulary ever, but to be fair thats just synonyms for the most part.
>>
File: 1462055678869.jpg (316 KB, 1020x888) Image search: [Google]
1462055678869.jpg
316 KB, 1020x888
>>59073217
This will be a good bait thread
>>
>>59073217
>what does english sound like to foreigners

Like as in what does it sound like to people who don't understand it?

Kinda like what Dutch sounds like to us without the weird accents
>>
>>59073303
get out if you arent going to contribute, fag
>>
>>59073308
This, probably like dutch sans the weird gutural sounds. Pretty good desu.
>>
>>59073217
Dutch mixed with French
>>
Ever play that game "The Sims"? Like that, I imagine. Simmish was designed to sound like American English does to people who don't speak the language.
>>
>>59073217
Like this.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=gU4w12oDjn8

Skip to 1:45 if you wanna immediately see how groovy the Italians can be.
>>
File: 39X.png (150 KB, 330x186) Image search: [Google]
39X.png
150 KB, 330x186
>>59073358
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY
>>
kinda hard for me to understand when brits speak london tb-h
>>
>>59073453
This is a Dutch sketch of Britbongs lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_6d3JBBo4s
>>
bamp
>>
>>59073217
It sounds russian as fuck, comrade.
>>
it sounded super cool when I was younger and I didn't know a word of English.
>>
Shit language, I hate it. It's basically "one-liner : the language". You can add one preposition but once you try to make long sentence they become unintelligible. I love to make endless sentence in french but english prevents me from really expressing my thought.
>>
To me it sounds like it is not related to any other language in Europe
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.