[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Huntington correctly classify the world's civilisations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png (58 KB, 1265x625) Image search: [Google]
Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png
58 KB, 1265x625
Did Huntington correctly classify the world's civilisations?
>>
>two Albanias
>both of them are Buddhist
shit map 2bh
>>
>>58923212
tbf I feel like SEA is too much of a cultural clusterfuck to put it into one sphere only. But imho he did a pretty good job
>>
>>58923373
I think he showed his fatness a bit too much by designating New Guinea and the Philippines as Western/half-Western respectively.
>>
>>58923525
Yeah. Also considering Indonesia part of the Muslim civilization just because the main religion is Islam is a bit far-fetched. I personally feel SEA is a unique civilization, with so many influences from all over the world. Same thing could apply to the Guyanas and some Caribbean Islands imo, but that's probably too small to be considered a whole different civilization, even more since they get a lot influenced by the West and Latin America.
>>
We're latin americans but westerners as well. The vast majority of descend form europeans and share religion and customs.
>>
It's silly to do it to do it by religion and claim that, for example, there are Eastern European countries that have more culturally in common with Western Europe than other Eastern Europeans countries just because they have the same main religion.
>>
>>58925006
nah only initially but you lack many of then things Westerners have culturally, politically and historically.
>>
File: 0 (2).png (91 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
0 (2).png
91 KB, 500x422
>>58923212
suriname, guyana and french guiana need to leave our continent RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
File: smugpep.jpg (27 KB, 489x499) Image search: [Google]
smugpep.jpg
27 KB, 489x499
>>58925713
>suriname
>>
>>58923212
Yes pretty much
>>
>>58923212
>America
>Western
Delusional Murrifats, you are seen on the same level as Africans
>>
We are definitely not Western
>>
>Buddhist Albania
>>
That's an oversimplification, but correct in its esence. It should be done by areas.
>>
File: 1462400004932.gif (1001 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462400004932.gif
1001 KB, 640x480
>>58923212
>Thrace
>Orthodox
And don't even get me started on the Latin American, Buddhist and whatever the fuck is going on in the Phillipines memery
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.