[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do you think will people stop regarding these countries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: blank.png (56 KB, 1279x1023) Image search: [Google]
blank.png
56 KB, 1279x1023
When do you think will people stop regarding these countries as Eastern European? 100 years?
>>
>>58846280
I give us 30
>>
>>58846280
when they stop being so fucking poor
>>
>>58846280
Stalin had plans to make your country Eastern European too.

Be glad it didn't work.
>>
>>58846370
Not a bad guess, by then most of the Cold War generation will be dead. But many who remember the big West-East gap will be still alive so I think the label will stick longer
>>
>>58846280
2 million years
>>
File: based liberators.png (30 KB, 533x330) Image search: [Google]
based liberators.png
30 KB, 533x330
>>58846451
>>
Not long.

Czechia is already west-Europe tier.
>>
>>58846420
Really? At best he would have been able to get the Soviet Zone of occupation but I didn't know of any plans to do so
>>
>>58846473
Still 2 million years.

What do you expect when communism means things are supposedly shared? No competition so no need to advance etc, they did the communism name very good.
>>
File: 1459515010410.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1459515010410.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>58846474
t. Been to prague once
>>
Once we pull out of NATO those countries will be flying the Russian flag.
>>
but they are Eastern Europe
>>
>>58846280
When you dumb fucks will realize that East-West divide was always about spheres of influence and not about wealth. Now those countries are in the NATO/UE sphere so they're western, while Ukraine and Belarus are in the Russian sphere, so they're eastern.
>>
>>58846280
When they stop being in the east.
>>
>>58846522
yeah no shit
>>
File: VBEycfmb.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
VBEycfmb.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>58846280
In 20 years Poland will be the westernmost Europe. Not quite how /int autists pictured slavic dominance in 2013, but it still counts, r-right?
>>
>>58846857

wow you're so clever
>>
>>58847139
and you're british
>>
>>58846280
When Earth's magnetic poles change the other way around.
>>
Never, they'll just view the region as a whole differently.
>>
>>58846857
Ukraine and Belarus are in the Russian sphere, so they're eastern.

True reason to made the term " Central Europe " ,heh?
>>
I think terms make zero difference.

>>58847084
Don't be autistic too. Europe will not go anywhere in at least XXI—XXII centuries.
>>
>>58847196
Noice.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/192522-earths-magnetic-field-could-flip-within-our-lifetime-but-dont-worry-we-should-be-ok
>>
>>58846389
Slovenia and Estonia are wealthier than Portugal and Greece iirc.
>>
>>58846280
Once we get rid off Soviet mentality and become truly European
>>
>>58846616
he is dutch, its his national custom to go get fucked up in Prague atleast once in their lifetime.

>tfw Prague will become vassal state-city of Danish-Dutch Commonwealth in your lifetime
>>
>>58846389
Slovenia is actually already wealthier than Cornwall or Herefordshire or some such rural English location desu.
>>
>>58847508
>Slovenia
>wealthier
>than Portugal
Nope you are wrong.
just come from erasmus student exchange.
I would say that portugal is much richer than Slovenia
>>
>>58847722
UK is a bizzare case

London is the richest region in the EU, but almost all of the top 20 poorest regions of Western Europe are in Britain as well
>>
Not as long as Slavs live in those regions.
>>
>>58847759
It's funny i met loads of slovenians who were here in Erasmus and they all said the same thing as you but when i went to ljubljana (sept 2014) it seemed like such an organized and clean place. I mean ive been told you guys earn (even) less than us but it seemed super decent.

Olive oil too expensive though. Not to mention food in general.
>>
File: koztarsasag-ter6.jpg (145 KB, 630x422) Image search: [Google]
koztarsasag-ter6.jpg
145 KB, 630x422
Its not going to happen until our countries flush out the ex commie bastards that still hold the majority of oru countries in power, either them or the 90s mafia that became oligarchs.

By flushing out I mean public lynching

PARTY LIKE ITS 1956
>>
>>58851650
>By flushing out I mean public lynching
As well as all people who participate in corruption, beuracracy, etc. i.e. most adults both just workers and in power. You sound completely daft. Yes, just wait for a generation with a completely different experience and upbringing to come to rule. Rome wasn't built in a day.
>>
>>58851296
Central Europe gives off this vibe of a germanic country when compared to southern europe (clean, orderly, cold manners, tall and serious people dressed fashionably and driving bicycles...), but in terms of net wealth they earn considerably less.
>>
never
unless our aliens brothers come to the rescue
then the west will burn
>>
>>58847759
We are now richer than portugal for like what...5 years?

Portugal was richer thab us for decades so of course they have accumulated that wealth and it looks wealthier(infrastructure, houses etc.)

It will take some time
>>
>>58846280
When they stop being in the east of Europe. I mean, come on Poland, it's 2016 already. Get with the times.
>>
>>58851296
>organized and clean place.
Slovenia (in my opinion) is generally safer, cleaner and organized than lisbon (when i stayed most of my time).
But is more culture thing than economic.

It seems, atlest to me, that you have more economic prosperity in portugal, or it could be just false feeling.
It could be just illusion since young Slovenes are generally depresed and negetive about their future, but people from Iberia are more positive and easy going, which can make look environment less harsh.
I also think that people there are less competitive and more willing to coorporate with each other.

And all that coldness, depression, generally negative outlook and competiton with eachother makes us east europeans.
>>
>>58852083
Yeah i understand what you mean. I remember walking in metelkova at 2am with barely anyone around and i felt much safer than walking around bairro alto (im a gril). I do think you guys might have a better cultural foundation to grow than us. Portuguese people are divided between old people who are hoarding all the jobs and money and young educated people who just can't manage to live here and are leaving en masse.

I would argue that portuguese people aren't positive at all. If anything the weather's just better so things seem sunnier. Everyone's leaving the country but those working in tourism or people who are just ok with being poor and working at supermarkets. It's nearly impossible for a uni graduate to get a job in their area not to mention in low income jobs (they won't hire you because technically they have to pay you more). I for one am leaving the country because it's impossible for me to get a job without being explored and I actually want to have a decent professional life.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.