[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Latinos taught that the Americas are one continent? By
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 310x162) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 310x162
Why are Latinos taught that the Americas are one continent? By the logic of "there's a tiny strip of land connecting them," aren't Africa and especially Europe part of Asia? I've never seen anyone claim they're a single continent.
>>
CHI
>>
>>58810713
Not all discussions of Latin culture by Americans involve Chicanos, Enrique.
>>
>>58810825
t. Jesús del Taco con Queso Ayy Carumba de todos los Santos
>>
File: 1461297598265.jpg (36 KB, 335x383) Image search: [Google]
1461297598265.jpg
36 KB, 335x383
>>58810615
Ayyyy Juan Pablo
>>
>>58810615
>North America
>includes central america
Chicano education ladies and gentlemen
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Eurasia
>>
North America is the north of America and South America is the south of America, is not that hard senpai
>>
>>58810615
So it's not a maymay americunts are borderline retarded. Sad that you have to confirm it
>>
>>58810912
>>58810964
>>58812488
retards
>>
>>58810615
Wouldnt Latinos learn the "Americas" version considering thats what they teach in USA?

Also, there are many definitions of what a continent is.
>>
>>58810615
>>58810825
>>58812656
brb calling the INS
>>
>>58810615
>Australia
>Not Oceania
Seriously? I'm trying my hardest to not greentext American Education right know. If this came from one of yours books I will stop using the meme because it's actually rather sad.
>>
>>58812916
right now*
>>
Because that's what the spanish taught us, america-senpai
>>
>>58810615
>this level of butthurt
>>
We're still americans. Tyrone. Now get over it.
>>
>>58810615
They used to be one continent but then someone dig a ditch between them. Same happened to Eurasia and Africa.

Actually Afroeurasia and America were one continent but over the last 200 million years they became separate as the ditch between them turned into an ocean.
>>
>>58810615

technically we are all one continent because the land goes under the water in the oceans and touches other land parts
>>
The Americas are a single continent in countries with Latin languages. It used to be the same for English speaking countries that's why it's called United States of America rather than United States of North America or United States of the Americas.
>>
>>58810615
We discovered it, we get to choose its name.
>>
t. tuco benedicto pacifico juan maria ramirez
>>
>>58819991
But that's not what happened at all
>>
>>58820067

a chicanito calling a chicanito chicanito
>>
>>58820196
t. chicano on holidays
>>
>>58820150
You shut up.
>>
File: 1449809179307.jpg (13 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
1449809179307.jpg
13 KB, 319x320
>being a country so devoid of culture that you resort to name your country "the incorporated goverments" of a continent you don't even completely own
>>
>>58820279
b-but they own it, even the french Guiana because they also own Frenchies asses
>>
File: spics.jpg (195 KB, 888x497) Image search: [Google]
spics.jpg
195 KB, 888x497
The entire rest of the world calls the two continents North and South America.
The entire rest of the world hears the word 'American' and thinks of someone from the USA.
Subconsciously, Latinos know this to be true.

But they call the entire landmass America because it gives them a justification to call themselves 'American'.
They want to leech off America's hard-earned relevance and international prominence and appropriate the monikers of 'America' and 'American' for themselves.

But deep down they know they will never be as relevant, well-liked, first-world or powerful as America.
Standing in the shadow of the USA's greatness is the best they will ever achieve.
>>
>>58813201
No, you aren't
>>
>>58810615
>United Sates of America
>Of America

Becuase history, of course.
>>
>>58821439
According to OP and yourself, "America" doesn't even exist.

It's neither a continent nor a country, but a nickname.
>>
>Country is named United States OF AMERICA

>B-but "America" doesn't even exist, we live in North America!
>>
>>58825931
In English, America = the USA
>>
Ok, Jim. I know it's hard for you to understand this -------> South AMERICA. Demonym: South AMERICAN

There is North America: Canada, US and supposedly Mexico.

Athough, here we're taught that mexico is in central america. It's ok, I reckon your education system is different.

And then we have South America. I live there, therefore I'm a south American while people from the US and Canada are north AMERICANS.
>>
>>58812488
You fucking dense idiot
>>
>>58821439
Kek, this is funny, because a patronizing shit like you probably believes it.
>>
>>58810865
>del Taco con Queso Ayy Carumba
Ay Dios mío no paro de reir
>>
>>58810615
Eurasia is a thing.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.