[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do the older generation of Turks think of Cosplay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1_9kHjoteo

Does it shock them that young people are dressing up as Japanese cartoons?
>>
ANIME'D
>>
Isn't cosplay mega-haraam. I thought Turkey was only 2% non-Muslim.
>>
*pew* *pew* ~ <3
>>
>>58796961
turkey is %100 non-muslim in reality. i still hate cosplay though.
>>
They approve of the younger generation being interested in their Asian heritage. This is how they differentiate themselves from the Arabs.
>>
File: religion_in_turkey.png (45 KB, 951x223) Image search: [Google]
religion_in_turkey.png
45 KB, 951x223
>>58797014
> 100% non-Muslim
Bullshit.
>>
>>58797050
islam conducted in turkey is literally not-islam. people just think they are muslims.
>>
>>58797062
It's Islam's equivalent to American Christianity. It's definitely different and mutated, but it's still very clearly the same religion.

I don't doubt you though that many Turks are Muslim only in name.
>>
who /cgl/ here?
>>
File: Turan_flag_NR.png (11 KB, 799x532) Image search: [Google]
Turan_flag_NR.png
11 KB, 799x532
>>58797034
Thanks Japan, for reconnecting Turkey back to its Turanic roots.
>>
They cosplay as ninjas every day
>>
>>58797110
its not equivalent to american christianity too though. majority of the people just do the basic 4-5 stuff and then dont care for the rest.
>>
>>58797193
Turks don't wear burqas
>>
>>58797260
Why don't more people go atheist then? Any idiot can open up the Qur'an and see that everything but rape and murder are haraam.

Wasn't one of the biggest Ottoman authors an Atheist?
>>
>>58797318
Because we don't care to change it or our religion or drop it. We say we are Muslim but do whatever we want maybe except one or two things.
>>
>>58797318
Probably because Islam still condemns you to hell forever if don't believe it so people identify as Muslim just in case if they were raised Muslim. Just like Christians.
>>
>>58797378
Clearly you don't care about hell if you do 50 haraam things a day and you don't follow the basic tenants of the religion.
>>58797431
Yeah, it's a funny middle ground. You clearly don't believe the religion strongly enough to follow its very clear commands, but you still believe in enough of it to be scared to death of its ridiculous punishment.

I'm just wondering why Atheism isn't on the rise in Turkey. Or at least Paganism, or some new version of Islam where living a normal life isn't a terrible sin.
>>
File: ataturk.jpg (78 KB, 600x301) Image search: [Google]
ataturk.jpg
78 KB, 600x301
Also, Ataturk wasn't a Muslim. If the founding father of your religion wasn't a durka, you should probably stand up to the durkas who are trying to turn your country into a durka country.
>>
>>58797707
founding father of your country*
>>
>>58797318
well idiots can open up a bible and see the idiocy as well but they dont.
>>
>>58797781
Yes, and that's why millions of people are leaving Christianity in the developed world. Why do these Turks who hardly practice their religion keep pretending they're Muslims when if they open up their holy book to any page it says they're going straight to the hell-fire for their infidelity?

If you aren't going to follow the religion, why carry on with the shenanigans.

I'm not saying there won't be cultural Muslims. There are plenty of cultural Christians, but do you literally believe a man named Muhammad received divine revelation from God via an angel while meditating in a cave and that he had a book that tells you exactly how to live you're life or you'll burn in a pit of fire for eternity? If so, you better start taking your religion much, much more seriously.

The Qur'an is very clear what it thinks about "Muslims" who don't put all their devotion into Islam. If you're a non-practicing Muslim, you must really not like yourself.
>>
>>58797962
and thats also why a lot of people in the "developed" places of turkey are also leaving islam (except istanbul because it is too crowded with lots of different people)
>>
>>58798056
Maybe they should become Tengri instead. Tengri's a far better God than Allah.
>>
>>58798135
tengri also wills conquest though :^)
>>
>>58798145
So it fits in with Turkish foreign policy as well. Great. :)
>>
File: 1460580147269.png (659 KB, 2238x1238) Image search: [Google]
1460580147269.png
659 KB, 2238x1238
>>
>>58798291
Giaorious greater Turkestan
>>
>>58797014
>send backwards goatfucker muzzies to europe
>100% muslim free :^^^^))))
every
fucking
time
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.