[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obscure languages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 850x1070) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 850x1070
Any Scottish or Welsh people who speak there native language here?
How do you feel about the current state of it let it die or needs to be revived?
Also any Frogs that speak regional dialects other than Parisian and Arabic :^) invited to answer
>>
Delet.
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>58397998
shoo shoo Parisian go clean your streats and stop killing Japanese
>>
>>58397921
>Any Scottish or Welsh people who speak there native language here?
If you find Gaidhlig speakers, pls share them
>>
>>58397921
i speak valencian that is similar to french language occitan
>>
>>58398075
That's a bit too obscure senpai
I meant regular Gallic
Though it would be interesting to meet someone who spoke the Isle of Man version of it
>>
>>58398075
theres none here. theres a cornish speaker however, which is weird since theres only like 500
>>
>>58398150
Do you ever speak it in day to day life?
Is it ever useful or just muh heritage?
How is it seen by spanards?
>>
>>58398188
scots gaelic=gaidhlig
>>58398257
its a variety of catalan.
>>
>>58397921
Hi, please remove this image it's offensive.

grma
>>
>>58398234
Makes sense Cornwall is normie heaven
Only aspies learn it
>>
>>58398312
just ignore it and itll be like it isnt there
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 913x778) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 913x778
>>58398312
#triggerd
>>
>>58398257
yes it's my mother tongue
define useful
spaniards are hypocrital in language issues. they say "yes we respect that" but when they listen it they're "wow such unrespectful you are speak in spanish"
>>58398287
it is considered legally
but being honests both catalan and valencian descend from occitan (val from lemousin and cat from provence)
same history with the same language base = similar languages nowadays, althought we have very different accent
>>
>>58398491
Not gunna lie Occitan sounds like a really nice name
>>
>>58398642
>a fucking kitten
>>
>>58398642
Old occitan and old valencian are 100% the same (i supose that also catalan)

modern occitan is frenchized and I can understand it if they speak slow
modern valencian is spanished I don't know if they can understand us

anyways occitan is almost dead while here the language is still spoken by near 50% of the population
>>
I speak Champenois, and a little bit of Vosgien.
>>
>>58399454
>>58398257
>>
I speak Navajo at home.
>>
>>58399498
I use it only with my grandparents, otherwise it's almost useless, but it allowed me to have a scholarship, otherwise it's rather well seen in France to preserve local languages, but it's not a "trendy" language like Breton and Provencal for foreign or french people.
>>
I speak Euskara, and I use it all day long. noody cares if they hear me while in the Basque Country, but if I'm outside it depends on the place.
>>
>>58399727
That's fucking awesome
Burger accents are usually seen as annoying here but if you speak the native tongue you would be drowning in pussy in any left wing shithole
>>
>>58399962
Please have children and teach them it
France is really nice for having all these provincial languages
>>
>>58400902
hahaha Navajo sounds terrible to most anglophones, like Korean mixed with Swahili.

And I just have a normal American Southwest accent in English :,(
>>
I went to a welsh language school, it was bretty gud as they get a little better funding than english language schools.
>>
>>58401059
Sounds good to me desu
Just say you are oppressed and dindu nofin and women will flock to you seeing them self as a savour of a people that might go extinct
>>
Kek the girl from Britanny in my school refers to Breton as "my Language" and she can't even count up to 10 in Breton ... Shit's embarassing
>>
>>58401342
The power of MUH HERITAGISM
>>
>>58401244
I'm a chinky looking desert dwelling shitposter.... but with the Navajo tongue, I will be able to get british qts.
>>
>>58401752
Any fucking qts but Asian ones
Seriously get your arse to Europe you stupid savage
Also learn more about your native religion and treditions that would help and wear something traditional that makes you look not like a retard
>>
File: 1103310124318031.gif (40 KB, 518x300) Image search: [Google]
1103310124318031.gif
40 KB, 518x300
I do
>>
>>58400332
Please stop trying to succeed and being terrorists
>>
>>58401921
Barr and Alsace should have remained independent desu fuck Austrians
>>
>>58402222
Fuck small independent countries desu
(And fuck quads)
>>
File: navajo1.jpg (3 MB, 2592x3888) Image search: [Google]
navajo1.jpg
3 MB, 2592x3888
>>58401871
The only traditional clothes that don't make you look like a retard are commonly worn by white people now-a-days, like pic related.

I think my mom has some pretty funky looking ceremonal shit like (pic in next post) but I would never wear it.

>native traditions
drinking
working at a trading post

>native religion
only MUH HERITAGE types are into this. It is mostly a bunch of corny "talk to the wind" shit, and chimping out in wierd clothes, as far as I know. All of my family is just pretty standard-issue catholic.
>>
File: ARIZONA-00020-BC3.jpg (461 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
ARIZONA-00020-BC3.jpg
461 KB, 720x900
>>58402351
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 425x425
>>58402222
I GOT QUADS I DID IT YES FUCK YEAH
WAS TRYING EARLER TO GET THE 9999 AND I GOT QUADS
FUCK FROGS IM THE KING BABY FUCK YES
>>
>>58402051
We stopped being terrorists long ago.
>>
Jo parle en valencià i he estudiat també un poc d'occità a la meua universitat

Ieu parli en valencian e ai estudiat tanben un pauc d'occitan a la mia universitat

I speak valencian and I've learned a bit of occitan in college
>>
>>58402700
transliterated dialect, the language
>>
>>58402966
the first one, that is.
Second one I think is different enough from Castillian to be called a different lanugage, but just barely.
>>
>>58403010
Castillan is the dialect mate
>>
>>58403069
different enough from standard order Spanish.

Whatever the first language that he wrote in was, it essentially the same grammar as Spanish, and the spellings just look like transliterations of weird pronunciations. If that is it's own language so is Cuban spanish.
>>
>>58403010
they're the same, the first one is spain'd and the second one is france'd
>>
My neighbour spoke Nahuatl.
There's a bunch of native speakers so no one really cares much, most people, including me, can't differentiate the languages.
I considered studying linguistics, it was basically only theoretical stuff and indigenous stuff, I wanted Latin.

>>58403230
It's a different language, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish and French also share grammatical and many words are very similar.
By you logic all nordics speak the same language.
>>
>>58403230
But both are perfectly understandable to me and I don't know Spanish nor come from Southern France, so by your logic are they French or Spanish "accents"? Occitan just so happens to fall between two bigger standardised languages, but calling it a dialect of either of those is difficult, and in the end more political than scientific.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.