[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vietnamese For English Speakers in Beta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Vietnamese_Duolingo.png (61 KB, 948x486) Image search: [Google]
Vietnamese_Duolingo.png
61 KB, 948x486
Well Americans, why haven't you started learning the language of your masters already?
>>
They would get Vietnam flashbacks
>>
File: dong_green.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dong_green.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>58365942
"I don't want to go back to Vietnam, Kimmy. It's full of baby-boomer tourists trying to feel something." - Dong Nguyen, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
>>
>>58365866
More like Vietnamese IS beta
>>
Dân Mỹ không thích học tiếng Việt đâu bồ ạ. :')

'Muricans don't like to learn Vietnamese my dude.
>>
>>58371060
is vietnamese tonal?
>>
>>58365866
My K/D ratio prevents it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKaYOW9zMoY
>>
>>58371637
There are 6 tones.
>>
>>58371937
fucking hell. Sounds near impossible to learn tbqh. I'm surprised people even have sensitive enough ears to recognise 6 different tones as different sounds
>>
>>58371060
Go back to Chu Nom for fuck's sake.
>>
>>58372712
You say that because you're Brazilian, the Vietnamese Latin alphabet is 10 times easier than chu Nom.
>>
>>58372878
Of course it's easier, it also would be easier for languages like Chinese and Japanese to be written in the Latin alphabet.

But it's simply ugly and inefficient as fuck, you spend as much time typing in diacritics then you do the letters themselves. If you don't want Chu Nom then at least come up with a new writing system like the Korean did to get rid of Chinese characters or something.

Also as a Brazilian I should probably like the Latin alphabet more since it makes your language easier to learn, but from a international culture enthusiast I'd rather you keep your own writing rather than writing in cucked letters.
>>
Something that makes Vietnamese and Japanese harder than Chinese is the fact that pronouns are so particular.

The word for "I" and "you" are different depending on your relative social ranking to the person you're speaking with. So if I"m talking to my mother, in English it'd be, "I'm hungry. Will you make me something?" In Vietnamese it would be "Son is hungry. Will mother make me something?"

social norms reeeee
>>
>>58365866

i want
reptiles
>>
>>58365866
>i just want a shit load of gators

and bring them to where i am in america
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.